215x3
245x3
275x4
285x2,2,2,2,1

Speed Bench
135x26+9(rest-pause) (PR+1 reps)

Lying triceps extensions
120 3x6

That’s it. Right Pec tie-in to the shoulder going wonky. Time for a week of high rep work

I, too, have learned a new word…

Frenulum: that small bit of skin that attaches your tongue to the floor of your mouth.

That’s two this year.

Of course, I’ve forgotten the first one.

Well, that’s one of the places you may have one. Or did you have an accident in the weight room?

Nice speed work on the bench.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
I, too, have learned a new word…

Frenulum: that small bit of skin that attaches your tongue to the floor of your mouth.

That’s two this year.

Of course, I’ve forgotten the first one.[/quote]

It was that one about looking at the backsides of people, darn, I’ve forgotten it too.

Going swimming this afternoon with the family.

Swimming is fun for about 10 minutes. Then I want a beer, a barbecue and a nap.

It will please my wife, though, when I go.

Later:

Hah! The swimming pool was, uncharacteristically, closed.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/true_story_about_a_six_year_old_kid

Summary:

[quote]skidmark wrote:
.[/quote]

Made me smile.

Cripes!

[quote]skidmark wrote:

Cripes![/quote]
He did it more than once too!

2008-10-12
Lower Body

Deadlift
225x5
315x3
405x2
435 2x3 (PR reps +1)
435x1 + hold 20 sec

Speed squats
265 8x3

Good Mornings (arch back, wide stance, bent knee)
225 3x5

Weighted Chins
BWx3
+50x3
+70x3
+90x3,2

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldowns
270 2x4 (PR weight + 20)

Good Session.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
2008-10-12
Lower Body

Deadlift

435 2x3 (PR reps)
435x1 + hold 20 sec

Weighted Chins

+90x3,2

Good Session.[/quote]

I should say so! PR reps and then +90 chins for reps!

Outstanding!

[quote]soldog wrote:
skidmark wrote:
2008-10-12
Lower Body

Deadlift

435 2x3 (PR reps)
435x1 + hold 20 sec

Weighted Chins

+90x3,2

Good Session.

I should say so! PR reps and then +90 chins for reps!

Outstanding![/quote]

Thanks Soldog. Those chins do a great job of uncompressing my back after the DLs and squats.

I took a wider stance on the DLs (just inside where I grip the bar) and pointed my feet out a bit. That seems to transfer a good portion of the strain to the hamstrings rather than the back. Started up the GMs to build the glutes and hams up to take it.

[quote]1Geech wrote:
Well, that’s one of the places you may have one. Or did you have an accident in the weight room?

Nice speed work on the bench.[/quote]

You’re just pickin on me cuz my bench is catching up to yours. Cant fool me with that “Nice speed work on the bench,” stuff.

Hater.

I’m going to try the speed squats with bands next time. They were hella fast today with straight weight. Back to elevated deads for a week or two as well - I may see some improvement there with the wider stance.

Think I’m going to hang with 285 on bench, try to increase reps and work the bar down to the chest over the next month or two until I’m pressing it from a dead stop. Then I buy some new shirts.

All but one of my friends (the one who bought the 2400 USD power rack) think I am crazy to be doing this at my age…not counting all my online buddies here.

Assistance day on Tuesday with my fave - Overhead pin presses from the forehead. Looks freakin’ impressive to folks who don’t know any better.

You change the name of your thread? Who’s this Tony character.
I think you’d be crazy not to train at your age. What get old and weak.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
You change the name of your thread? Who’s this Tony character.
I think you’d be crazy not to train at your age. What get old and weak.[/quote]

He must be that 90 lb guy who hangs on when he does those chin-ups!

[quote]skidmark wrote:

All but one of my friends (the one who bought the 2400 USD power rack) think I am crazy to be doing this at my age…not counting all my online buddies here.

/quote]

I get that allot too! You keep getting stronger, better, faster and they can keep wondering how you do it. You could try and explain it but they won’t understand…

I’m sick of the internet pseudonym thing. I am neither so important that I need to hide who I am online nor so fearful. I can understand that others may need anonymity, but it’s sorta ridiculous in my case. Besides too many use it as a safe haven for bashing others from cover. There’s something fundamentally unfair about snipers…

And: If someone doesn’t like what I say, they should have the right to know who said it.

Full name: Wade Anthony Dare. My parents always called me Tony. I don’t know why. At least it didn’t lead to gender orientation issues…

[quote]skidmark wrote:
2008-10-12
Lower Body

Deadlift
225x5
315x3
405x2
435 2x3 (PR reps +1)
435x1 + hold 20 sec

Speed squats
265 8x3

Good Mornings (arch back, wide stance, bent knee)
225 3x5

Weighted Chins
BWx3
+50x3
+70x3
+90x3,2

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldowns
270 2x4 (PR weight + 20)

Good Session.[/quote]

Looks like the extra calories are kicking in pretty quickly. Nice work.