An 'OF COURSE!' Moment

Have you ever seen something (either in the gym or not) that just made you said to yourself ‘well of course, thats why!’?

I will give a lot of credit to people who are not in shape, but take up the battle and go to the gym and actually TRY to change their lives. Yesterday I saw one of the more insanely out of shape memeber of my gym. He’s maybe 5’5 - 5’7, always wears baggy shorts and a loose tank top (which I really wish he wouldn’t -lol). He has to weigh over 300 lbs, which at his height, and considering there is most likely no muscle mass under there is quite a site.

Well, most people will take their between set strolls to the water fountain, some will carry a little water bottle, others have their highly coveted bodybuilding.com water bottles with which to impress everyone else… this guy was actually carrying around one of those giant, take it home for an additional 99 cents, 7-11 big gulp carrying, 64 oz. plastic mugs!

I have no idea if it contained water, coke, or who knows what, but the image of this guy walking around, basically sitting on a machine for a few moments essentially doing nothing, then lazily walking (while drinking) his fat ass over to another bench to do nothing just seemed to explain everything to me.

Just needed to share.

-S

If it was filled with soda that’s just like seeing someone order 3 double cheeseburgers, large fries, chicken fingers…and a diet coke.

So you had an epiphany?

I actually felt kind of sad, frustrated, and almost angry at the same time.

I had to see a doctor a few years back for a cortisol shot. Afterwards he made his notes into a tape recorder, commenting how I was ‘clearly a mesomorph’… which actually upset me. I was a fat ass little kid, then in high school became a cardio freak (joined the track team) and had the stereotypical sunken in cheeks, eventually in college, I started to learn about training, and nutrition, and especially about busting your own ass.

I fucking take credit for what I look like, it didn’t just happen. Nothing upsets me more than someone who looks at you and waves it off as if it was just handed to you, but not them, they’re different.

-S

Funny you should bring this up … I, too, coincidentally had an “of course” moment just the other day. For the longest time I kept getting the clap. I mean it was almost habitual, then it dawned on me as I handed the whore her money … Of COURSE! She couldn’t get the shot because I was under paying her. Silly me …

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Chewie wrote:
So you had an epiphany?

Meet Epiphany. And yes, I’ve had her many times.[/quote]

That is a nice touch, Push.

I need more pics to thoroughly assess the situation.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
So you had an epiphany? [/quote]

He had a plethora of epiphanies.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Chewie wrote:
So you had an epiphany?

He had a plethora of epiphanies.[/quote]

I’ve never met Plethora. Is she worth it?