An Introduction...

I just registered for the forums, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone quickly. I am turing 20 years old at the end of this month. I am 6"1’ and 185-190 lbs. I used to lift seriously 3 years ago when I was a senior in high school, but once I got to college partying got the best of me.

I have been lifting on and off for the past 2 years, and I decided to get back into it seriously this summer. My goal for this summer is to add about 15 lbs of muscle over 12-14 weeks.

I am going to be lifting 4 days a week following a program based on Waterbury’s HFT article. 2 other days of the week I will be doing another type of exercise such as kayaking or hitting a heavy bag for 20-30 minutes. I am going to be eating 6 meals a day consisting of lean meats, whole grains, green veggies, and some sweet potatoes, yogurt, skim milk, cheese, beef jerky, nuts, and protein shakes.

I am taking a daily multi vitamin, drinking alot of water, I just wanted to give some background information and I look foward to posting. I’ll try to get some pics up at some point too.

[quote]J Co9000 wrote:
I just registered for the forums, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone quickly. I am turing 20 years old at the end of this month. I am 6"1’ and 185-190 lbs. I used to lift seriously 3 years ago when I was a senior in high school, but once I got to college partying got the best of me.

I have been lifting on and off for the past 2 years, and I decided to get back into it seriously this summer. My goal for this summer is to add about 15 lbs of muscle over 12-14 weeks.

I am going to be lifting 4 days a week following a program based on Waterbury’s HFT article. 2 other days of the week I will be doing another type of exercise such as kayaking or hitting a heavy bag for 20-30 minutes. I am going to be eating 6 meals a day consisting of lean meats, whole grains, green veggies, and some sweet potatoes, yogurt, skim milk, cheese, beef jerky, nuts, and protein shakes.

I am taking a daily multi vitamin, drinking alot of water, I just wanted to give some background information and I look foward to posting. I’ll try to get some pics up at some point too. [/quote]

Well, welcome to the site. Looks like you’ve got goals, a plan, and a will to do it. There’s only one problem: 15lb of LBM in 12 weeks is a big gain (unless you’ve recently lost a lot of LBM) IMHO, and you’re following a program that is meant for a very well conditioned lifter. If you’ve been doing this on and off for a while, then I’ll bet this program is at the outer limits of your adaptation abilities.

Now, I’m not saying it can’t be done, just that everything will have to stay dialed in from start to end, perfectly. It is about 1.25lb/week gain. And if you’ve gained fat, you’ll probably end up losing some weight at first as your body comp adjusts.

I would humbly suggest you think about doing a different lifting routine. Of course, there are others more experienced than myself that will be able to tell you if I’m on track with this advice.

Welcome and good luck