T Nation

An Inch to Your Arms in 24 Hours?

It’s funny how ppl choose to dismiss, rather than learn and understand = Because they are lazy minded and prefer the easy way out. Ppl don’t want to admit that what they BELIEVED this whole time, was not the actual truth. I used to be like this, until I grew(wised) up…

This is why so many ppl hate on Poliquin and his theories/recommendations and the results he obtains…it is simply unbelievable.

GJ

[quote]300andabove wrote:
Anonymas wrote:
it’ll probably give u a pump, and maybe add a little bit of mass

why are u surprised that Poliquin’s stuff isnt original? lol

You do know hardly nothing new has been developed since the 5-=60’s ??

Coaches just bring something back and market it.

So hardly no ones stuff is original.[/quote]

exactly, thats why I’m suprised that people don’t realise none of its original

[quote]Anonymas wrote:

why are u surprised that Poliquin’s stuff isnt original? lol[/quote]

How do you know they didn’t take Poliquin’s material and repackage it?

it seemed like it was more of a promotion for cell tech and nitrotech to me.

[quote]giterdone wrote:
Anonymas wrote:

How do you know they didn’t take Poliquin’s material and repackage it?[/quote]

That one-day arm cure thing has been around for a long, long time. Either Darden or someone before him started it, I believe.

I might give it a go in 2 or 3 months just for shits and giggles.

If most people are smart enough to realize that more is not always better, why do people think that overkill is somehow better? This shit is ridiculous.

because Im guessing someone came up with this before Poliquin was an itch in his dads pants, as with most training stuff

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
If most people are smart enough to realize that more is not always better, why do people think that overkill is somehow better? This shit is ridiculous.[/quote]

Because there’s a difference between repeatedly doing that sort of thing for your whole body on a multiple times weekly basis and doing it for one or two small muscles only whilst reducing volume for the rest of your body every few months as a shock to the target muscles.

The former is clearly not sustainable for any sensible period of time, whereas the latter is a sensible approach that includes managing stress to your system as a whole and is only done very rarely.

Not that I’ve ever done anything similar so I couldn’t say from personal experience, but there are clearly people out there who HAVE had success with it and the difference between this particular once off scheme with reduced volume for the rest of the body and a regular ‘more is better’ approach several times each week for the whole body as a standard way of training is obvious.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
giterdone wrote:
Anonymas wrote:

That one-day arm cure thing has been around for a long, long time. Either Darden or someone before him started it, I believe.

[/quote]

It was Peary Rader

[quote]Squelchy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

How tall is he by chance?

6’1" or 6’2" I think, but I’m not sure.
[/quote]

Poliquin is less than 5’8" - well, in real life anyway.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
giterdone wrote:
Anonymas wrote:

It was Peary Rader
[/quote]

Thanks CT. In your experience, do the principles of the program have merit? If so, could the approach be applied to other lagging muscle groups?

[quote]PatMac wrote:
Squelchy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

How tall is he by chance?

6’1" or 6’2" I think, but I’m not sure.

Poliquin is less than 5’8" - well, in real life anyway.[/quote]

Yes, I’m 5’8’’ and he is shorter than me.

Whether or not this program will work or not, I’m still going to put it away and do it on my next week off, it just seems so ridiculous that I have to give it a go!

Yeah its easy…its called being a grower not a shower :wink:

ftr that shit is annoying. my muscles shrink big time outside of working out…almost an inch for larger body parts.

so this could actually be plausable?

One of the T-Nation authors (I cannot remember which one) stated that he tired this routine. His arms actually shrank in size. Clearly, he does NOT recommend it. However, that does not mean that Poliquin’s routines/theories are worthless. He is a bastion of knowledge. This particular routine, however, does not seem to yield satisfactory results.

the 1" added to you arms is a feature in Flex magazine this month, if it’s in Flex it’s gotta be true!

Actually, they feature a hot IFBB Figure competitor each month, this month Mindy O’Brien looks hot as hell.

To quote Charles Poliquin,

“This method was first popularized in the muscle mags of the sixties, but either few people believed it or few people had the guts to try it. It was revived back in the 80s by Canadian bodybuilding coach Gunnar Sikh. After using the technique on a few of my clients, I modified and updated it, using more recent breakthroughs in exercise physiology and nutrition.”

He doesn’t claim to have created the concept himself so why rip on him about not being original. Seems kind of moronic and pointless.