And paramilitary?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Anyone can walk into my house now…they’re called the cops.[/quote]

And MS-13?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

What if there is no ideal when it comes to dominating mankind?[/quote]

Then someone can walk into your house kick you in the face and take your stuff.

Now you don’t want that do you Lifty?

No, of course not. Now stop with all this anarchy nonsense and get to work.[/quote]

What does this have to do with anything?

And by that statement you are saying that you trust hoodlums, rapists and burglars over the Police.

Do I have that right?

Do you think you can fend off the hordes of those bigger, badder and better armed than you are?

Tell us all Lifty–Tell us how we don’t need government.

You joker…You are always good for a laugh.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

No, of course not. Now stop with all this anarchy nonsense and get to work.[/quote]

And by that statement you are saying that you trust hoodlums, rapists and burglars over the Police.

Do I have that right?

Do you think you can fend off the hordes of those bigger, badder and better armed than you are?

You joker…You are always good for a laugh.[/quote]

I don’t trust anyone to make decisions for me.

I don’t trust cops to protect me…it’s not like they stand outside my house keeping me safe - nor would I want that.

Government cannot do anything that we don’t already do for ourselves.

There really is no government. It’s just people pretending to be important.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Do I have that right?

You joker…You are always good for a laugh.[/quote]

I don’t trust anyone to make decisions for me.

I don’t trust cops to protect me…it’s not like they stand outside my house keeping me safe - nor would I want that.

Government cannot do anything that we don’t already do for ourselves.

There really is no government. It’s just people pretending to be important.[/quote]

LOL…You are a nut but you’ve been told that by others in your personal life I’m sure.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
A constitutional republic is a form of liberal democracy, fyi. [/quote]

Always? You mean Venice, Genoa and Lucca were “liberal democracies” in the Middle Ages? Better rethink that one.[/quote]

I think you underestimate the scope of what falls under the category of Liberal Democracy. Even constitutional monarchies are a form of liberal democracy.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
LOL…You are a nut but you’ve been told that by others in your personal life I’m sure.
[/quote]

I have been called a lot worse by a lot better people…

It’s a fundamental problem.
Human animals are not perfect.
And in modern societies there is also the great systemic maelstrom of individual-group-nation.

The present western democracies (call them republics, liberal democracies etc, that is really not important at all, just semantic juggling) are barely better then despots, perhaps just because they could cultivate the idea of compromise during a small timeframe where most factors fell nicely into place.
If the metaphoric meteor comes crashing down, all this is for naught.

There aren’t many feasible utopias.
The best one I know of sounds like quack, but it is at least theoretically possible.
Construct the perfect, rational, fuackable, likable but unrecognizable bioroid (See that it doesn’t kill you first).
Mix it into the population 50/50.
Build a meritocracy.

Ignores human nature.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Ignores human nature.[/quote]

You don’t know what human nature is.

No one does.

Government is nothing more than arbitrary control over some arbitrary place and people.

It does not matter where or who or how.

There is no ideal because it is arbitrary.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Build a meritocracy.[/quote]

But meritocracy is no government. It is leadership by example, a la the free market.

All governments throughout history have the same shape to them - nothing more than a bunch of influential men who agree to share power with each other.

I’d prefer a government that doesn’t seem hell-bent on being THE dominant superpower in the world. It’s possible to have a very high standard of living without being the most powerful country in the world. I feel like this country is turning into the biggest motherfucker in a prison, the one that a lot of the smaller guys with loads of self-confidence want to take a run at just to see what happens, knowing that if they get lucky and succeed they’re the new top dog.

No one does.[/quote]

It’s pretty well known.

Do I have to tell you I am skeptical of your claim?

Do I have to tell you I am skeptical of your claim?[/quote]

No. Probably because we’re not talking about the same thing.

No one does.[/quote]

Well, then why did you repeatedly say that homosexuality is against human nature last year during one of the myriad threads about gays and marriage on here?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I’d prefer a government that doesn’t seem hell-bent on being THE dominant superpower in the world. It’s possible to have a very high standard of living without being the most powerful country in the world. I feel like this country is turning into the biggest motherfucker in a prison, the one that a lot of the smaller guys with loads of self-confidence want to take a run at just to see what happens, knowing that if they get lucky and succeed they’re the new top dog.[/quote]
heh, I like your analogy.

I still don’t really see what’s wrong with the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, other than that we don’t really follow them anymore.

All governments throughout history have the same shape to them - nothing more than a bunch of influential men who agree to share power with each other.[/quote]

“We can’t know anything about human nature.”

“If there’s one thing we can learn from history, influential men will agree to share power with each other and try and oppress us - always, always, always.”

Two Lifticuses in one! Bonus points: it’s in the same thread!