An Example of Non-T Behavior

A few thoughts…

The guy on the phone should never have turned his back on the bitch her boyfriend. I mean, put the fucking phone down and at least be prepared for some shit. Hell, tell whoever’s on the line to send the cops over… Turning your back on someone who is obviously pissed and only looking for trouble is an invitation for a cheap shot in the back of the head.

As for pulling a gun on the guy, you don’t know if he has 2 or 3 friends waiting outside and packing heat. The whole place could turn into a fucking bloodbath in a few seconds, with many more bystanders getting hurt.

It’s very easy to watch that thing on your screen and imagine a whole bunch of scenarios where you’re the hero saving the day; but in life, situations can often degenerate quickly and once knives and guns come out, people get hurt bad and very quickly.

I’m not condoning standing there and doing nothing, but I’ve seen more compelling victims than cell phone assholes who broadcast their conversations in a 20 feet radius. Especially if he made some loud derogatory remarks that got the whole shit started… You wanna talk the talk, be ready to walk the walk.

Like everyone else I was utterly distgusted when watching that. The first disgusting part is the beating- why in hell would someone do that to another person. That guy is obviously severely ill and should be locked away for a lot longer than four years! The second disgusting thing is that bystanders. Nobody even said “call the police.”

Another person mentioned that they had intervened in a couple’s argument. The other day on campus I saw a guy grab a girl and get in her face, then push her. I started to walk over to ask if she needed help, but then realized she was smiling and laughing- they were joking around. I was ready to kick this guys ass- lucky I noticed it wasn’t serious before I got there. Fuckin’ idiots.

All we can do is promise to stand up for what it right. I have never been in a situation as bad as that, but I believe that I would do what is right. It would have taken one guy to say “get him!” and everyone would have jumped on him.

Don’t stand around and let evil men dictate your actions- be a T-man!

Walk the walk and talk the talk? What the fuck?

There is no reason that that dilemma should have gotten that out of hand. People were in line for pizza, not for a gauntlet of potential ass whippings. So you have to be on your guard to even pick up a pie nowadays? You’re not allowed to be having a conversation on the phone? Last I knew this was America…

We don’t know what the white guy said, but it’s definitely clear what the girlfriend said, something very racial and antagonistic. That beat-down was racially motivated, and unwarranted. Had it been another black man on the phone, no matter what was said over the phone I doubt he would have gotten that sort of beat-down.

Now, for people who just stood around and let the guy bleed on the floor, there is no reprieve. It’s unsettling to watch everyone just stand around and not help the guy.

GAINER

This was a semi local event for us (about 90 mins away) and it got a lot of coverage.

One of the witnesses called into a local talk radio show. He basically got a hard time for not jumping in. The talk show host kept saying repeatedly, ‘I dont’t know what I would have done, but I woulda done somethin’ - yeah right!

The caller was 175 pound 27 yr old med student. Not exactly T-Man material. What exactly was he going to do about a 6 foot 4 300 pound animal?

The whole thing was over in about 20 seconds. It takes the average person about a minute to see what’s happening,then decide what to do,then to act. 60 seconds after the first punch the guy was gone.

I certainly wouldn’t go up against the guy without lethal force- and I’m not doin that for a total fuckin’ stranger.

I couldn’t agree more with Pookie.

I am not saying the guy with the phone deserved it, but he invited it. After the screaming bitch turned on him (presumably because of something she overheard him say), and touched him a few times, he started “woofing” back by puffing up his chest and getting in her face. The big dude that attacked him did not walk in obviously looking for a victim. He appeared to be feeding off his girl’s actions, and then was placed – in his mind – into the position of having to stand up for her by beating cell phone dude down.

And under adrenal stress, these things seem to happen faster than people can think and react – since the bystanders presumably did not perceive a direct threat to themselves (had they, they likely would have been running out doors), there was no immediate impetus to them to react. There likely was a feeling of disbelief.

I hope that I would have intervened in some timely fashion, by I am not going to fault anyone for not.

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
We don’t know what the white guy said…[/quote]

Exactly. We’re getting the story midway thru. We don’t know what was said before.

In no way do I want to take the big black coward’s side, but I’m just trying to put the whole thing in perspective before accusing everyone standing around of being pussies.

Not everyone brings their “keyboard courage” to the pizzeria with them.

If you’ve seen the movie Boondock Saints, (I believe there has already been one quote from it), a similar situation is addressed where a girl was brutalized.

In this video, the bystanders are utterly ridiculous, nobody even reaches down so much as to see if the guy is ok - No matter what he said, you’d think somebody would help him up, or at least see if he is still breathing. People make me sick.

4 years in prison isn’t enough - he’ll get out and it would be a real problem if they ever saw each other again. This is a 10-20 situation - Put him away for a looong time.

Kitty Genovese…the story the priest tells in Boondock Saints is based true. You can do a search for her name on google if you want to read about her story. No one even called the cops.

Truly sickening to watch.

People keep mentioning “what was said…”

I don’t believe anything that could have been uttered would have warranted that kind of beating, unless that white guy said “Hey, hold on while I shoot this nigger, can you hold?”

But that didn’t look like it. The guy looked like he was holding his head low, hoping to God this behemoth didn’t wail on him.

And he wasn’t that lucky.

Other than that, I don’t see what could have been said or even done to warrant such a viscious attack.

Unbelievable.

[quote]ATOMemphis wrote:
In this video, the bystanders are utterly ridiculous, nobody even reaches down so much as to see if the guy is ok - No matter what he said, you’d think somebody would help him up, or at least see if he is still breathing. People make me sick.[/quote]

Again, it is so easy to judge just by watching the video… Maybe the guy was moving on the floor, we can’t see. It might have been obvious that he was still breathing (blowing big blood bubbles maybe?) Maybe they’re just making sure that the big thug is not coming back a 3rd time, etc.

There’s a bunch of factors that can’t be known from just the video. Most of the people in the pizzeria probably live not to far around; what if the thug is a local gang member? Do you really want to get involved and then fear for your family’s safety everyday? Is risking having one of your kids getting stabbed or beaten while going to school worth it?

A couple of people posted with personal experiences where they got involved and then things turned against them (even the victim in one case). Why does everyone assume that, had they been in the pizzeria, they could’ve wrestled the big dude to the ground, counseled his g/f in anger management and simultaneously ordered two large ones, hold the anchovies?

Kitty Genovese… remember that one from psych class way back when. I think it’s called “diffusion of responsibility”. Everyone watching the rape/stabbing unfold made the assumption that someone else had called the cops… yet no one did.

And as someone else pointed out, if one person would have jumped in, probably everyone would have. Mob mentality and all that.

I haven’t seen the clip (damn employer blocks all the good sites!!), but sounds pretty nasty from the descriptions.

At least help the man up… geez…

I get goosebumps thinking how careless people have become.

Pookie, I don’t know what the hell you’re smoking, or if you’re the bitch’s brother or something…but she hit him a couple of times before he even turned around and did anything, and then it was “what the fuck is your problem?” shit, still not racial “yeah this white motherfucker” like she was throwing at him.

And…yeah, it’s easy to sit behind a keyboard and type out how you’re gonna be a badass and jump in. But I would’ve. I know, because I have.
So before you blanket everyone with your statements, think a minute, huh?

[quote]harhar wrote:
At least help the man up… geez…

I get goosebumps thinking how careless people have become.[/quote]

I don’t think its carelessness or a lack of empathy. I thought it was surreal when I watched it on tape. Let alone actually being there. To me its outlandish, I can’t beleive something like this could actually happen. I’d probably still be in shock if I watched some huge black dude stick up for his girlfriend (who is also bigger than the guy’s ass he’s beating). I bet he’ll like it alot in prison when some insane inmate shivs him.

I hope the guy recovers and gets his revenge. T-behavior or not.

You think he will be receiving?

[quote]pookie wrote:
ATOMemphis wrote:
In this video, the bystanders are utterly ridiculous, nobody even reaches down so much as to see if the guy is ok - No matter what he said, you’d think somebody would help him up, or at least see if he is still breathing. People make me sick.

Again, it is so easy to judge just by watching the video… Maybe the guy was moving on the floor, we can’t see. It might have been obvious that he was still breathing (blowing big blood bubbles maybe?) Maybe they’re just making sure that the big thug is not coming back a 3rd time, etc.

There’s a bunch of factors that can’t be known from just the video. Most of the people in the pizzeria probably live not to far around; what if the thug is a local gang member? Do you really want to get involved and then fear for your family’s safety everyday? Is risking having one of your kids getting stabbed or beaten while going to school worth it?

A couple of people posted with personal experiences where they got involved and then things turned against them (even the victim in one case). Why does everyone assume that, had they been in the pizzeria, they could’ve wrestled the big dude to the ground, counseled his g/f in anger management and simultaneously ordered two large ones, hold the anchovies?[/quote]

So, you would let whoever can toss out the most threats rule? Better to let gang members hurt someone else then you or yours? Better to just ignore them and hope they don’t involve you then to stop the crimes?

And, whether the guy was twitching on the floor and blowing bloody nose bubbles or not, it seems to me SOMEONE should have tryed to consoul him, provide first aid, call an ambulance/police, etc, and, if he wasn’t twitching or blowing bubbles as you suggest, more would be called for in the way of first aid/cpr. Should they stand there and cower just in case the big guy is going to come back, and let the guy on the floor slowly die, or suffer more brain damage?

I agree with those who have said that what the guy on the phone said was relatively irrelevant. Unless he was threatening the couple, there was no cause for his being beaten. Even if he went so far as to say “Its going to be a bit longer for the pizza, some bitch thinks she owns the world”, there is no cause for his ass to have wound up on the floor, as, the woman cutting in line was wrong to begin with.

and who says you have to wrestle the fat beast to the floor anyway?
Hit him over the head with a folding chair. Lot easier…and the advantage is he doesn’t see it coming. Make sure you’ve got another chair for his ugly ass big mouthed GF.
BTW, if my girlfriend was carrying on like that…I’d apologize to the guy and leave.
Or let her beat him bloody, either way.

Carry a nice little Glock. No reason to have to put up with that crap.

I cannot even begin to explain how sad AND angry this makes me. I actually got goosebumps watching that video. It is depressing that at this point in history, in this part of the world, there are still people who resort to violence over such tiny issues.

The guy should definitely go away for way more than 4 years.