An Episode of COPS

While I am sympathetic toward the Police officer, all it takes is one episode of COPS to scorn our law enforcement

It’s also why you should ignore 85% of anything filmed as some kind of “documentary” presented as a window into the truth.

In the vein of such stout-hearted statesmen Michael Moore and Bill Maher - you should be picking up on my sarcasm - any buffoon can grab a camera, gather hundreds of hours of footage, and selectively edit narrow, bizarre anecdotes and present them as representative of the larger whole in order to push an agenda.

“COPS” no doubt does the same thing, as does nearly anything in that genre of “reality”.

If you want to know how cops are, get to know some cops, and turn off the television.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
If you want to know how cops are, get to know some cops…[/quote]

I did that, but it didn’t help.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
It’s also why you should ignore 85% of anything filmed as some kind of “documentary” presented as a window into the truth.

In the vein of such stout-hearted statesmen Michael Moore and Bill Maher - you should be picking up on my sarcasm - any buffoon can grab a camera, gather hundreds of hours of footage, and selectively edit narrow, bizarre anecdotes and present them as representative of the larger whole in order to push an agenda.

“COPS” no doubt does the same thing, as does nearly anything in that genre of “reality”.

If you want to know how cops are, get to know some cops, and turn off the television.[/quote]

I do give some cops more credit than the show would warrant but I still believe that there is a real element of that show in every police dept. in America, I know some cops , and it is as my case is stated.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
While I am sympathetic toward the Police officer, all it takes is one episode of COPS to scorn our law enforcement[/quote]

They should just change the name of the show to “Domestic Disputes Gone Wild.”

[quote]pookie wrote:

I did that, but it didn’t help.[/quote]

I am not sure getting frog-marched out of a bar and taking a ride in the backseat of the cruiser is the best method of “getting to know cops” in the way I was referring to, Pookie.

;>

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
While I am sympathetic toward the Police officer, all it takes is one episode of COPS to scorn our law enforcement
[/quote]

This episode?

Eh. There are good cops and bad cops, just like there are good doctors and bad, and good office workers and bad. The difference is that cops have authority over us in situations we don’t really think about.

So when a cop pulls you over and demands you roll up your sleeves so he can check for “heroine holes” in negative degree weather, you tend to think “damn! Cops are fucking assholes!” even though it was an isolated incident.

The needle hole thing in negative weather actually happened to my little brother and friend. They were clean, obviously <_<.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

This episode?

[/quote]

Funny:)

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

They should just change the name of the show to “Domestic Disputes Gone Wild.”[/quote]

What I am talking about is the willingness to humiliate and degrade and at times even physically abuse suspects. I think it all revolves around the war on drugs, drug users = bad guys and the end justifies the means.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
What I am talking about is the willingness to humiliate and degrade and at times even physically abuse suspects. I think it all revolves around the war on drugs, drug users = bad guys and the end justifies the means.
[/quote]

Well there certainly seems to be a particular class of individuals who get the most harassment in this show. And it isn’t a class of skin color.

…lots of trailer park episodes…

pittbulll wrote:

Well there certainly seems to be a particular class of individuals who get the most harassment in this show. And it isn’t a class of skin color.

…lots of trailer park episodes…[/quote]

You have stated my case

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

…lots of trailer park episodes…

You have stated my case

[/quote]

How do you tell the difference between some one from the trailer park and the poor uneducated person?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
How do you tell the difference between some one from the trailer park and the poor uneducated person?[/quote]

You have seen the trailer park person on an episode of COPS.

pittbulll wrote:
How do you tell the difference between some one from the trailer park and the poor uneducated person?

You have seen the trailer park person on an episode of COPS.[/quote]

I have seen alot of trailer park people