An Arguement in Favor of Recreational Steroid Use

When reading strength-training literature, I often come across anecdotes about those blessed few ‘gifted with great genetics.’ Anyone with an interest in lifting is familiar with the notion that there are guys out there who with minimal training seem born to throw around an insane amount of weight or has a genetic predisposition to have a great [insert body part/muscle group]. And for the vast majority of “mere mortals” (a term I also often see in strength-training literature), we naturally feel envious towards those blessed with great genetics.

This thought led me to wonder if there really is anything wrong with recreational steroid use. Obviously, in the world of professional sports, the need to keep competition regulated and fair is paramount to maintaining the integrity of our beloved sports. Rules are rules. Period. You break the rules on the professional level, then you deserved to be scorned and made an outcast within that sport-society.

But if you’re a regular guy like me with modest genetics who simply wants to be as physically strong as he possibly can be and wants to look his best naked, is there anything wrong with a little artificial anabolic advantage? Of course, there is always a right way and a wrong way of doing something, and anyone wanting to use steroids should put in the necessary prerequisite research before subjecting their bodies to a variety of chemical substances.

My personal belief is that anyone willing to make the financial investment to buy and use steroids will without a doubt make the most out of every workout with intense dedication. Steroid use is not like the scenario from the animated series of Batman where the villain Bane cranks a little knob on his ‘Venom’-muscle enhancer module and becomes super-pumped. If you’re using, you’re most likely also working your ass off, and you deserve what gains you make. On the flipside, if you use steroids irresponsibly and ignorantly, you have no one to blame but yourself.

To wrap this up, if the stigma were lifted from steroid use, we could openly research its positive effects and find ways for it to improve the quality of human life - not unlike your common over-the-counter medicines. Considering all the media coverage regarding rising American obesity rates going on today, research on steroids seems like it would be a reversal on this troubling trend.

Please share your thoughts on this.

The sad thing is it will probably never happen. People are to blinded by the medias portrayel of steroid and steroid users to do any kind of research on their own. All while big tobacco companies keeping pumpin out cigs to kids and its legal, and there is proof that that shit kills you but yet has anyone heard of steroids killing people? But people still believe the bullshit the media spills out. But fuck it, as long a I can get them, use them responsibly, lift more weight and look 10x better naked then the majority of all the lazy fat fucks that never lifted a weight in their life or has ever eatin a healthy meal, I’m gonna continue to use.

Majority of people are just jealous of people that use or are too stupid to think for themselves to do their own research, and most of them are fat lazy fucks who never lifted a weight in there life or eatin a healthy meal, who are they to tell me steroids are bad when that Big Mac their shoving in their face is more likely to kill you then some test. But still, it would be great to see people actually researching the positive benefits of steroids maybe one day, but for right now with the majority of people against steroids all if means to me is, the more juice for me then!

[quote]Majority of people are just jealous of people that use or are too stupid to think for themselves to do their own research, and most of them are fat lazy fucks who never lifted a weight in there life or eatin a healthy meal, who are they to tell me steroids are bad when that Big Mac their shoving in their face is more likely to kill you then some test[quote]

Yeah, I’ve seen this a lot before. My first military deployment was a fortunate one because I was at a joint air force/army base with a great gym. My lifting buddy got a lot of insinuating comments about using steroids because he was a big, lean guy who was also really dedicated in the gym. To add to that, he also had some noticeable acne…which obviously means he was using something. Coicidentally, the people usually making those comments were also fat and hardly work out.

[quote]atfkao wrote:

[quote]Majority of people are just jealous of people that use or are too stupid to think for themselves to do their own research, and most of them are fat lazy fucks who never lifted a weight in there life or eatin a healthy meal, who are they to tell me steroids are bad when that Big Mac their shoving in their face is more likely to kill you then some test[quote]

Yeah, I’ve seen this a lot before. My first military deployment was a fortunate one because I was at a joint air force/army base with a great gym. My lifting buddy got a lot of insinuating comments about using steroids because he was a big, lean guy who was also really dedicated in the gym. To add to that, he also had some noticeable acne…which obviously means he was using something. Coicidentally, the people usually making those comments were also fat and hardly work out. [/quote]

Kinda funny too that those type of people accuse steroid users being cheaters and taking the easy way, but all steroid users that I know work out 10x as hard as someone that doesn’t. I mean diet, training, everything they are more commited then the majority of natural lifters.