An Announcement to Make

'Cake,

I didn’t tell you to call me daddy!

When I gave you that money I told you to think of me as a father figure. . . apparently you have some odd thoughts along those lines. . .

STU

Stay away from women and stay healthy you will meet those goals no problem. You get a girl friend/finance/wife, you can kiss that shit goodbye! Ain’t no woman that cool.

Damn Stu,

You got me think’n about jumping in on this “announcement-wagon.”

I’m 26 as well and have almost the exact same RAW total.

Bench: 305
Squat: 365
Dead: 385
(total = 1055)

Body fat: 11% (calipers)
Weight: 172

Can you tell me more about how you plan to reach your goal? I assume you are planning more than just grits, 'taters, brisket, and Westside. (Or keto-diets and Meltdown I,II, III as may be the case for ripping.)

Well, I plan on training hard and eating hard. I wish I could be more specific but there’s not tonnes more to say on the subject. People tend to over-analyze stuff and really all it’s going to come down to is good training and diet.

I’m Canadian so there won’t be any prohormones (Mag-10, 4 AD EC) in use just lots of food and lifting.

I really want to qualify for Nationals for powerlifting which means a 1500 lbs total with a bodyweight of under 220 lbs. This should be easily do able and at that bodyweight I should be able to master the one armed chinup as well so I can train those concurrently.

Keep reading my training log (alberta beef) and you can watch what I’m doing. Right now I’m cutting so the volume is a little low and the cardio is a little high (well, present)

STU

Pat,

You have obviously never met my girlfriend. She’s currently training for the fire department here in Edmonton. As things stand she made the physical testing on the last round and while she didn’t get an interview she was the first women ever to meet all of the minimums. In fact she came in middle of the pack against 200 men.

She’s thinking of taking up powerlifting too since she’s already got a 185 lbs bench at a bodyweight of 160 lbs. Plus she used to race professional downhill mountain bikes. She’s behind this all the way, plus she likes the thought of me with bigger muscles and less bodyfat :wink:

STU

Well. . . I got sucked into the powerlifting thing.

Anyway, I hit a 1609 total a week ago at my first powerlifting meet. It wasn’t IPF but that’s okay. . . I’m still happy with it.

sq 601
bp 430
dl 578

One down two to go. Somehow I doubt I’m going to hit the chinup. . .might still shoot for the abs before next summer though.

STU

Chances are when you shed that extra bf, you might be closer to the one-armed chin than you can imagine.

We’ll see.

I still haven’t decided on the BF thing yet either. . .

STU

lol why is this in the supplement/nutrition section?

good luck i hope you achieve your goals.

[quote]Sturat wrote:
Well. . . I got sucked into the powerlifting thing.

Anyway, I hit a 1609 total a week ago at my first powerlifting meet. It wasn’t IPF but that’s okay. . . I’m still happy with it.

sq 601
bp 430
dl 578

One down two to go. Somehow I doubt I’m going to hit the chinup. . .might still shoot for the abs before next summer though.

STU[/quote]

Is this the first time someone actually followed through?

Great job bro

[quote]consumer wrote:
lol why is this in the supplement/nutrition section?

good luck i hope you achieve your goals.[/quote]

I’m guessing because the thread was started before the website’s current format.

Sturat:

“Palpable abdominal veins?!” Yuck! :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

Keep on keeping on… sounds like you have some great goals ahead of you.

Now that you have made the announcement & made it real in “e-writing” you’ve got a whole bunch of strangers online & friends that are going to hold you to it.

& that is why you are going to succeed.

“Limitations are only what you accept them to be” - Terence Trent D’Arby

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
Sturat:

“Palpable abdominal veins?!” Yuck! :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

Keep on keeping on… sounds like you have some great goals ahead of you.

Now that you have made the announcement & made it real in “e-writing” you’ve got a whole bunch of strangers online & friends that are going to hold you to it.

& that is why you are going to succeed.

“Limitations are only what you accept them to be” - Terence Trent D’Arby[/quote]

The funny part about that is that I made this known back in 2003. . .I just finally found a powerlifting meet to compete in.

STU