T Nation

An All-Time Low in Journalism

Anyone against the soiled toilet water that is Fox News can’t be all bad. A lot of what she said seems reasonable.

What about Anderson Cooper? “It’s hard to talk when you’re tea bagging.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC84PZJbZog

Can you imagine if a conservative, or a Don Imus said that? At a minimum he deserves a lengthy suspension. Prime time news and we have nancy-boy Anderson Cooper making vulgar sexual innuendos.

[quote]tedro wrote:

Can you imagine if a conservative, or a Don Imus said that? At a minimum he deserves a lengthy suspension. Prime time news and we have nancy-boy Anderson Cooper making vulgar sexual innuendos.[/quote]

Haha that was funny. Both the video and your sense of humour fail.

What’s amazing is that they make it out to be a fringe, minority movement, but the data on primetime cable news viewership shows that more people were tuned in to Fox News than CNN, CNN Headline News and MSNBC combined.

Freedom of speech. It’s part of what makes this country great. Let her talk.

Let it all hang out and see if people can’t wake up and see the truth.

What we need in this country is education. An education, which is sorely lacking. It took the internetz to teach me enough so that I converted from dem liberal to “conservative”.

If we censor these jokers they’ll censor us back. And the wishy washy limp wristed already have a heavy presence in academia and media *

• and the GOVERNMENT LOLOL

I fucking agree with her. look at

That was hard to watch.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
tedro wrote:

Can you imagine if a conservative, or a Don Imus said that? At a minimum he deserves a lengthy suspension. Prime time news and we have nancy-boy Anderson Cooper making vulgar sexual innuendos.

Haha that was funny. Both the video and your sense of humour fail.[/quote]

If I want to watch tv with that sort of language I’ll put something on where I know I can expect it. Prime time news is not the time to bring up the difficulties you have while tea-bagging, and I don’t watch it to hear about that. If one wants to make a comedy show with vulgar jokes, fine, but I don’t believe that is CNN’s goal with AC. There is a reasonable expectation to be able to turn on the news at night and not have to worry about explaining to any young ears that may be watching what a tea-bagger is and why joking about it is funny.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]tedro wrote:
If I want to watch tv with that sort of language I’ll put something on where I know I can expect it. Prime time news is not the time to bring up the difficulties you have while tea-bagging, and I don’t watch it to hear about that. If one wants to make a comedy show with vulgar jokes, fine, but I don’t believe that is CNN’s goal with AC. There is a reasonable expectation to be able to turn on the news at night and not have to worry about explaining to any young ears that may be watching what a tea-bagger is and why joking about it is funny.[/quote]

Hey Tedro, I don’t want to hear this out of you you black people hating Alan Keyes voting racist!

mike

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
Anyone against the soiled toilet water that is Fox News can’t be all bad. A lot of what she said seems reasonable.
[/quote]

Fox News has better rating than CNN CNBC and MSNBC combined. No wonder liberals hate the free market.

Again, you are a student, you literally know nothing.

I wasn’t aware that anyone took keith olbermann seriously.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

Again, you are a student, you literally no nothing.
[/quote]

WELL SAID.

i wasn’t aware people on the PWI actually watched major news networks. for a second i thought we all might be above that.

Janeane Garofalo never finished high school, went into comedy sucked at it, and then went to work at Air America and the whole network went down. She’s a self hating liberal fool.

WOW. You can almost smell the ‘smug’ from your computer screen.

I just don’t know what else to say about that.

[quote]jawara wrote:
Janeane Garofalo never finished high school, went into comedy sucked at it, and then went to work at Air America and the whole network went down. She’s a self hating liberal fool.[/quote]

But she learned a few words like limbic system and now she’s a genuis, haha!

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Jab1 wrote:

Fox News has better rating than CNN CNBC and MSNBC combined. No wonder liberals hate the free market.

[/quote]

What exactly is this rating? The amount of people watching it? The Sun, which Mr Murdoch also owns, is the most popular newspaper in the UK but that doesn’t stop it from being uninhibited drivel. Both outlets cater for the lowest common denominator, which unfortunately has “common” in the name for a reason.

I will quite agree with the fact that I know nothing however; anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Jab1 wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Jab1 wrote:

What exactly is this rating? The amount of people watching it? The Sun, which Mr Murdoch also owns, is the most popular newspaper in the UK but that doesn’t stop it from being uninhibited drivel. Both outlets cater for the lowest common denominator, which unfortunately has “common” in the name for a reason.

I will quite agree with the fact that I know nothing however; anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Your screen name fits you. You do jabber on quite a bit.[/quote]

Guys like me and I’m sure others around 40 or so have lived through stuff, like Jimmy Carter. We have seen predictions by guys like Ted Kennedy and other from the liberal side. And we’ve seen them be wrong so often it’s laughable.

Carter screwed off for 444 days while Iran held US hostages, while as soon as Reagan was sworn in they were on a plane.

We have paid taxes, ran businesses and have seen how things work. And I personally find it laughable when college students think they are so worldly and have learned so much about world affairs. Especially when their frame of reference might be 2-4 years that they have paid attention to such stuff.

Now that being said, let’s get back to a free market. Believe it or not if you put out a great product people are smart enough to chose it. McDonalds is fine cuisine but it’s edible and gets to you in 2 minutes.

But they do fulfill their niche pretty well. So does that local steakhouse that n=makes a decent living, but not Mcdonalds money.

But as for news, I don’t see CNN as being so high brow. I remember when the evening news on the major networks in the USA had more substantial reporting. I still think ti was a heavy left wing bias, but it was betetr done.

But as for quality, CNN, MSNBS and CNBC are not on some higher plain than FOX news. it’s amaxing how a liberal thinks that quality equates to lower ratings, hahaha!.

I also work in the health field as a self employed chiropractor. I have a degree in biology from Penn State University and my chiropractic degree from Palmer. That’s 8 years of psot graduate work. And I was done 21 years ago.

I learned a lot more in the last 21 years from working than all of those years in school.

Haha, Now you guys know how us liberals feel when we hear Ann Coulter. I’m sure you guys dismiss a lot of what Coulter says as having a “nugget of truth” and ignore the batshit crazy portion.

Garofalo was trying to piss you off. Seems like she succeeded pretty well.