T Nation

An Absolute Moron.....

Does he even know what the definition of racism is? Why would David Stern not want black people in the league? Ummmm, has this moron even looked around and seen what the demographic of the league is??? This just sums up that this person is a complete and utter idiot. After all, we should expect this from a punk ass sucker puncher…

yea, he clearly does not know the definition of racism. I think the word he was looking for would be descrimination, but then he goes and pulls that “as a black guy…” thing. Age descrimination would have been more applicable. Well, they aint scholars, they are BBallers.

His thoughts are probably that it is putting an obstacle in the path of a young black man trying to make a living. One could make the argument that a young white man would be more likely to go to college and refine his skills and not be bothered by waiting two years.

Not agreeing just playing devil’s advocate.

UB has a good point.

These guys are sheltered from a traditional education due to their talent. And then, when they’re drafted at age 18 thier education stalls out completely.

Even when you look at a seasoned veteran like Kevin Garnet who should be a little bit polished, he still comes out with sound bites like “I’m goona go back to the house, load up a couple 9’s Uzi’s, M-16’s” when he referred to the western conference finals last year. Sometimes it just comes down to them not knowing any better, but they should just keep their mouth shut.

I like O’neals game, he’s strong and smooth. It was a shame he got involved in the riot, and I’m a Pistons fan above any other team. Now he’s going to be forever lumped into the same category as that thug Artest… Reap what you sow young man, reap what you sow.

GAINER.

Yes, they should go fight in Iraq until they are mature enough to play in the NBA.

" ’ You don’t hear about it in baseball or hockey. To say you have to be 20, 21 to get in the league, it’s unconstitutional. If I can go to the U.S. Army and fight the war at 18 why can’t you play basketball for 48 minutes? ’ O’Neal said."

The more O’Neal talks, the more he establishes Stern’s point. You’re right, he should keep his mouth shut.

[quote]futuredave wrote:
Yes, they should go fight in Iraq until they are mature enough to play in the NBA. [/quote]

…and there you have it. I feel really bad for NBA players, especially when I compare bank accounts.

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
UB has a good point.

These guys are sheltered from a traditional education due to their talent. And then, when they’re drafted at age 18 thier education stalls out completely.

Even when you look at a seasoned veteran like Kevin Garnet who should be a little bit polished, he still comes out with sound bites like “I’m goona go back to the house, load up a couple 9’s Uzi’s, M-16’s” when he referred to the western conference finals last year. Sometimes it just comes down to them not knowing any better, but they should just keep their mouth shut.

I like O’neals game, he’s strong and smooth. It was a shame he got involved in the riot, and I’m a Pistons fan above any other team. Now he’s going to be forever lumped into the same category as that thug Artest… Reap what you sow young man, reap what you sow.

GAINER.[/quote]

Garnett’s quote was completely tongue in cheek. Watch the video clip and you will see what I mean. The uproar was from people saying “OMG how could he mention guns when there is a war going on.” There was nothing wrong with his comments.

O’Neal is 2 years younger than Garnett, NOT much of a difference. O’Neal will be labled a thug because thats the label he have himself because of his actions. Its not Artest’s fault O’Neal jumped through the air like Superman and sucker punched somebody. Its his fault, plain and simple.

Garnett and McGrady have had minor issues but for the most part they are well adjusted and were well adjusted when they came into the league. Lebron is a 1 in a trillion shot. He is everything a young superstar should be. He’s right out of highschool but has maturity beyond his years. When youngsters come into the league they should use Lebron as a blueprint as to how they should conduct themselves.

I don’t think youngsters should look at Lebron as a blueprint, I think he should be looked at as the phenom that he is. One in a million. He knows how to play and he knows how to act. Time will tell how good of leader he will be but he’s already showing strong traits of that as well. He’s definitely an exception to the standard… The average 17 year old prospect won’t have themselves together as well as Lebron did.

In regards to my views on Garnet’s comments last year I wasn’t trying to show that he’s a thug, but a little less polished than what you’d expect out of pro of his stature.

GAINER

I don’t even follow the NBA, but from what I see it becomes a bigger joke by the second.

Not sure I agree with O’Neal, but like apayne, I can see where he’s coming from. It is kinda interesting that hockey and baseball, the more white of the four big sports (does hockey still count?) have far lower age limits. But then, they also have much slower development processes.

And by the way, KG’s long, long list of weapons he was gonna bring to the game was hilarious.

Gdollars assesment of the slow development process is important.

I heard George Carl on the Dan Patrick show today saying how he wished the NBA had a minor league system much like hockey and baseball.

I think his point is valid.

As long as there are owners out there willing to pay high school b-ballers millions of dollars to sit on the bench and learn the game–so be it.

I agree it’s brought the game down, but this is all on the owners. THEY are the ones that began paying for-potential- now they want a rule put in to stop them from their own ignorance.

It certainly is not racism. Though a-payne–nice point.

Now don’t get me started on fat Warren Sapp compairing playing in the NFL to slavery.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe that NFL require you to be at least complete your 2nd year in college before you can enter the draft. At least if they want to go back to finish college, they’re already have way there. Yeah, all it takes is one high school kid to enter the NBA and have a career ending injury his first year and already blown his money on cars, houses, and girls. O’Neal just need to shut his trap and play ball.

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
Gdollars assesment of the slow development process is important.

I heard George Carl on the Dan Patrick show today saying how he wished the NBA had a minor league system much like hockey and baseball.

I think his point is valid.[/quote]

Don’t the NBA have a summer league? Is that only for rookies and walk-ins?

Baseball has a minor league system and people are rarely brought up in their teens, a rod is one of the VERY few exceptions and i’m not sure he was a teen or not. The NFL is the most strict with an age policy. Hockey took what they can get. They are/were/will always be in dire need of talent and will ALWAYS take youngsters. If the NBA had a far system, the teehagers could go there until they show they would be able to act in a somewhat civil maner.

Don’t you know the modern definition of racism?

Racism is any act or policy that makes blacks work harder or follow rules set forth by society.

There is no way anyone could witness the U.S.'s recent international basketball performances and still argue that it is good for high school kids to enter the NBA. These kids have talent, but no skills.

Stern’s proposal only says that the high school kids have to play in the NBA developmental league for awhile (getting the skills they should have gotten in college) AT THE SAME FREAKING PAY RATE AS TODAY’S NBA ROOKIES.

Racist bastard.

[quote]Cowboy92 wrote:
Don’t you know the modern definition of racism?

Racism is any act or policy that makes blacks work harder or follow rules set forth by society.
[/quote]

I wonder who got the promotion ahead of you.

[quote]doogie wrote:
There is no way anyone could witness the U.S.'s recent international basketball performances and still argue that it is good for high school kids to enter the NBA. These kids have talent, but no skills.[/quote]

I think the whole ‘dream team’ thing should be scrapped and go back to the old days when you had true amateurs out there playing for national pride.

The Pro’s we had in Athens last year were embarassing.