Amsterdam - Spill It

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]Snaty wrote:
‘‘The red part of the sidewalk is not part of the sidewalk, this is a bike lane and if you walk there… you’ll get killed. Seriously.’’- hahah, true!!! (same goes with the trams)[/quote]

…altough tourists were a source of frustration for me when i lived there, i used to love to scare them as they were walking around looking up at the buildings oblivious to their surroundings, slightly grazing them as i came up behind them on my trusty bicycle. Good times, good times…[/quote]

Hahahaha…

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
I’d recommend trying the shrooms if you’re into them. Amazing fresh shrooms there. If you want you can get some mild ones and have a fun trip just walking around. You won’t be the only one… They have them in quite a few of the stores along the street, and they’re separated into strength, type of trip, it’s awesome! Other than that, also try to find some Absynth, few places there will have the good stuff, as well as take you through the whole sugar/fire traditional way of drinking it. Crazy stuff!! Can’t quite remember any specific clubs, was always way too inebriated in some way while I was there…[/quote]

…sorry, no shrooming in Amsterdam anymore. They’re banned…[/quote]

??!!!?!?!??!!!?!!!?? Bummer :([/quote]

…yep, we’ve got christian politicians to thank for that. Now we simply grow our own (:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]Snaty wrote:
‘‘The red part of the sidewalk is not part of the sidewalk, this is a bike lane and if you walk there… you’ll get killed. Seriously.’’- hahah, true!!! (same goes with the trams)[/quote]

…altough tourists were a source of frustration for me when i lived there, i used to love to scare them as they were walking around looking up at the buildings oblivious to their surroundings, slightly grazing them as i came up behind them on my trusty bicycle. Good times, good times…[/quote]

Hahahaha…[/quote]

…any idea when your next visit will be?

LondonRunner, Damici, 666Rich, BigDug, ephrem, and AlisaV, thanks for all of the great advice, I really appreciate it. It’s nice to get some good info on the city without having to buy some touristy book, also great to hear from people that are interested in the same things that I am.

Luckily I went to UCSB, where bicycles dominated the university, so I’ll be sure to stay out of their way.

I am most interested in the museums. If I could only see 4, which ones would be on the list? I am guessing the Van Gogh and the Rembrant would take up the first to slots?

So shrooms or illegal there now?

I went there for a few days back in October. I don’t do any drugs, so I can’t really comment on that, but I know my friend and 2 dudes we hung out with there were high off their asses. I just decided to drink enough absinthe and alcohol to try and be on the same level.

We did all the main touristy stuff during the day (went to Heiniken brewery which was cool), and then spent the nights getting fucked up. I met a couple attractive bartenders who hooked us up on drinks and met a bunch of locals and the like since we were taking over the bars.

We would then travel around the red light district looking at all the different options available- and there is, quite literally, everything. Lots of in shape and sexy girls to lots of big and most definitely not ALL woman. The best part was being fucked up and hearing some of the things these girls would say to you…

[quote]BigDug wrote:

DONT EVER buy ANYTHING off the streets. It’s SHIT!!! You will be bombarded by guys on the street trying to sell you drugs. Don’t do it!! Go to a coffee shop. If you want harder stuff: coke, speed etc it’s best to ask around in the “trendier” coffee shops/bars.

[/quote]

I agree not to buy stuff off the street but I would advise against asking in a coffeeshop. They’re pretty cautious due to a lot their fellow coffeeshops being shut down by the police so you may well be kicked out asking for anything other than cannabis.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I don’t do any drugs…I just decided to drink enough absinthe and alcohol to try and be on the same level.
[/quote]

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

I don’t do any drugs…I just decided to drink enough absinthe and alcohol to try and be on the same level.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ha yea I feel like pounding alcohol is way worse for your body.

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]Snaty wrote:

Hahahaha…[/quote]

[/quote]

June/July - I’m going to book sometime in March!

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]Snaty wrote:

Hahahaha…[/quote]

[/quote]

June/July - I’m going to book sometime in March![/quote]

…see ya then!

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ha yea I feel like pounding alcohol is way worse for your body.[/quote]

Well JaX didn’t actually leave a comment so I imagine his comment was supposed to be along the same lines as your’s WC:

I couldn’t care less about the health issues regarding it, it is more about the legality and potential job issues.

Good luck finding shrooms. They were made illegal when some wacky tourist jumped out of a hotel window and died. Perhaps you could find some via a dealer though, they’re not that hard to find.

Try “stroopwafels”, they’re delicious. And “haring” of course.

Der Kampring on Handboogstraat. Not sure if I spelled either of those correctly, but can’t be too far off.

Don’t pussy out and avoid the “coffee houses” don’t kid yourself, that’s why you’re going there.

Stay away from Burger King on the Liedsplein, I got food poisoning there.

Ray’s NY Pizza was a Godsend.

Hotel DeLantern was pretty cool.

I wouldn’t go smoking weed in a shop somewhere. I’d just buy the weed, roll the joint and walk around or take a boatride. The scenery is too good to be stuck laughing in a coffeeshop.

Shrooms are illegal.

Frikandel Speciaal and fries with mayonaise. I don’t understand what Americans seem to have against french fries with mayo but it’s delicious, especially when high. Maybe American mayo is just disgusting.

As for places to visit, don’t know. Never been there on a touristic trip.

heh, I once got some mild food poisoning from a burger king as well (rotterdam)

I learned the word “Charlie” there…didnt have a damn clue what it was till I was with a friend (who was 4 years younger than me)

The women in the windows/doors are greedy bitches…if you’re gonna partake in that activity be prepared to be stern when bartering…

Also go check out the Moulin Rouge club…interesting stuff happens there! LOL!

I just walked around all day and all night through the city and ran into all types of fun. Restaurants, bars, Coffee shops, etc., you can’t go wrong by just strolling around. But do your due diligence my man, and you’ll have a time you’ll never forget.

Oh, and don’t forget to walk around at night. But it seems like the fellas here got all BASES covered. I’ll definitely check out this forum again before I go back to Amsterdam, again.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
I wouldn’t go smoking weed in a shop somewhere. I’d just buy the weed, roll the joint and walk around or take a boatride. The scenery is too good to be stuck laughing in a coffeeshop.

Frikandel Speciaal and fries with mayonaise. I don’t understand what Americans seem to have against french fries with mayo but it’s delicious, especially when high. Maybe American mayo is just disgusting.
[/quote]

Agreed, minus of course the boat ride (i get seriously claustrophobic) and of course, like I said, watch out for bikers and trams.

I don’t know, I found dutch food to be a bit heavy - but damn, they do love their mayo over there. They also have this stuff called haugenslaak (phonetics) which are basically chocolate shavings and/or sprinkles that you eat on toast…oh yum.

I just feel the need to share some post cards (not sure if you can read them) I sent a friend while I was in Amsterdam (She recently found them and sent them back to me). Mind you I was 22 and mildly retarded. But that was good times. Sadly, there’s many more of these post cards (?!?!) and goobledegocks=guilders.

I went there for a few days back in October. I don’t do any drugs, so I can’t really comment on that, but I know my friend and 2 dudes we hung out with there were high off their asses. I just decided to drink enough absinthe and alcohol to try and be on the same level.

We did all the main touristy stuff during the day (went to Heiniken brewery which was cool), and then spent the nights getting fucked up. I met a couple attractive bartenders who hooked us up on drinks and met a bunch of locals and the like since we were taking over the bars.

We would then travel around the red light district looking at all the different options available- and there is, quite literally, everything. Lots of in shape and sexy girls to lots of big and most definitely not ALL woman. The best part was being fucked up and hearing some of the things these girls would say to you…[/quote]

^Careful with the girls when you’re drunk and high, that’s if that is your choice of thing to do at night. I say that because you’re judgement of ‘woman’ might not be so acute. Their package may be larger than yours, so be careful cuz there are those options. It’s funny because you see more men around those windows than you see around the actual women.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed, minus of course the boat ride (i get seriously claustrophobic) and of course, like I said, watch out for bikers and trams.

I don’t know, I found dutch food to be a bit heavy - but damn, they do love their mayo over there. They also have this stuff called haugenslaak (phonetics) which are basically chocolate shavings and/or sprinkles that you eat on toast…oh yum.

I just feel the need to share some post cards (not sure if you can read them) I sent a friend while I was in Amsterdam (She recently found them and sent them back to me). Mind you I was 22 and mildly retarded. But that was good times. Sadly, there’s many more of these post cards (?!?!) and goobledegocks=guilders.
[/quote]

Edit: Nevermind, didn’t know what phonetics was.

Also, I’m interesed in the sheep story.