AMRAPs Went Up in Second Cycle (BBB)

I’m doing BBB, variation 1. in my 5th week now (no deload until after week 6). I increased (5lbs upper, 10lbs lower) after week 3. So far, for my AMRAP sets, I have been getting more reps in the 2nd cycle (at higher weight) than I did in the first cycle. Example, squats 3+ I got 10 last night, and only 8 in week 2.

I’ve been lifting for a few years so I don’t believe this is due to normal newbie quick gains. I had been doing typical twice a week programming before (usually 5x5, sometimes 5x10 or 5X3) so changing to once a week may be helping.

My question is, is this normal? should I consider changing my TMs more than 5&10 after week 6? I guess my concern is that, at this rate it will take several months before my sets actually get ‘heavy’ at the prescribed 3+ or 1+ sets.

My question is, is this normal?

Answer: Yes.

should I consider changing my TMs more than 5&10 after week 6?

Answer: No. There is a reason for how the program is written. Trust the program.

I guess my concern is that, at this rate it will take several months before my sets actually get ‘heavy’ at the prescribed 3+ or 1+ sets.

Answer: so you are getting stronger and you want to change it? How does that make any sense?

Trust in the program - it has gotten you this far and that is without total confidence in the program. Once you buy in, no matter what you program you are doing (and yes, this is “in general”) you will be successful.

You are awesome, Jim, thank you for keeping me on track.