Amount of Protein in Meats?

Can anyone link me to a decent site online to that shows the total protein/fat and calories of cooked chicken, beef etc? Yes, I know there are tons out there, but everyone I found has a different numbers and it’s getting me quite confused. Maybe I’m making too big of a deal out of it, but its just for peace of mind.

[quote]overdrive570 wrote:
Can anyone link me to a decent site online to that shows the total protein/fat and calories of cooked chicken, beef etc?[/quote]
Google it…

Consistency of your estimations is all that matters.

[quote]overdrive570 wrote:
Can anyone link me to a decent site online to that shows the total protein/fat and calories of cooked chicken, beef etc? Yes, I know there are tons out there, but everyone I found has a different numbers and it’s getting me quite confused. Maybe I’m making too big of a deal out of it, but its just for peace of mind.

[/quote]

Use something like fitday. It tracks pretty much most of the foods you’re eating and if you stay consistent with it, you’ll have better results.

And yes, you’re probably making too big a deal out of it. There’s even been talk that macro breakdowns have been wrong for years.

as a general rule, there’s 20g of protein per 100g of meat

[quote]JLone wrote:

Consistency of your estimations is all that matters. [/quote]

This. I would say, as long as you are using the same source to calculate your macros, it is as close as it’s going to be. You can adjust your macros from those estimations, even if they are off 10-20%.

22%ish

100 grams of protein per pound of very very lean protein before cooking(at least this is true for chicken, and beef and I have a feeling its quite true for fish as well), if its ground meat than it the lean percentage per pound before cooking times 100 for grams of protein so both 93% lean turkey or beef will give you 93 grams of protein per pound.

There I made your life easier.

type and search

Wot LarryH said. It’s a good site to use.

Cooked food varies widely coz meat has a lot of water in it. If you cook it one way you end up with a lighter weight, heavier if cooked another way. The only accurate way to calculate protein per gram is to measure it raw.