Amount of Aminos in Surge

So I was looking at the nutrition facts online and see that the only aminos in Surge now are:

L-Leucine 4 g
DL-Phenylalanine 2g

My bottle of Surge that I am holding right now says

L-Phenylalanine 3g
L-Glutamine 3g
L-Leucine 2.25g
L-Valine 1.75g
L-Isoleucine 1.35g

I just ordered this bottle within the last couple of months so if this is a change it is fairly new. Also they took two of the main branched chain aminos… L-Leuicine is all alone with DL-Phenylalanine. Anyone know what’s up with this?

That’s not what I saw when I looked just now. It was the normal amount of glutamine BCAAs and Phenylalanine. Please tell me if this has changed though, I am very intersted.

I just went and looked again and I see what you are seeing and what I was looking at, which makes things even more odd. I was clicking on the supplement facts link on the far right hand corner…right above the recommended use link. This one will pop up just L-Leucine and DL-Phenylalanine as ingredients

The link you must have seen was when you click the “more info” link which leads you to the full article on Surge and and the bottom of it all has the supplement facts, which contain all the aminos!

In short both supplement link contradict each other. Hopefully there is just an error on the one I was looking at. Thanks for seeing the other one! I’m calling Biotest today and asking them myself. Will let you know what I find out.

OK so I spoke with the people at Biotest today. It seems that the original flavor and wild raspberry (which i hated) still contains the same ingredients…it’s the new flavors chocolate and vanilla that have changed. Hope they don’t start changing the original!

I can live with that, I only buy the original flavor. Funny enough I also tried wild raspberry and didnt think too highly of it.

I don’t appreciate when the same product has different formulas for different flavors. I imagine there is a reason, and I love the company, but it’s a little dodgy.

Very disappointed that the new formula has left out L-Glutamine. Anyone know why?

[quote]Vmac wrote:
Very disappointed that the new formula has left out L-Glutamine. Anyone know why? [/quote]

Cost?

Glutamine is very popular now and the cost across the board has gone up, way up…

Id say it does have glutamine just not extra added. It has whey hydro which is a complete protein source so it will have glutamine. The ones listed should be the ones that are added above and beyond what is natural in the ingredients would be my guss.

More glutamine needed?? Not IMO its the most abundant amino there is and over rated Big time. we get more then enough from our daily diets

Phill

Plus there was that article questioning the effectiveness of Glutamine at building muscle. It had some interesting studies to back it up. And we all know that the people at Biotest don’t want to charge us any more than they have to - it’s why they’re top of the game.