Amount of Active Hormones in Esters

I stumbled across some information that intrigued me and it is concerning esters. For example, I read that Test Prop has more active Test in it than Test Enth or Test Cyp and that Tren Ace has more active hormones than Tren Enth. I think it has to do with the Ester. So, in essence, would a smaller amount of Test Prop be the equivalent in terms of potency with Test Enth?

Potency might not be the precise word. Test Prop is I think about 82% test whereas Enanthate is more like 72% I think. So yes its more test per ml. The other difference is the release of that test. Prop’s half life is just about 2 days versus Enanthate’s which is like 5 days. Factor all this in when planning a cycle

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Potency might not be the precise word. Test Prop is I think about 82% test whereas Enanthate is more like 72% I think. So yes its more test per ml. The other difference is the release of that test. Prop’s half life is just about 2 days versus Enanthate’s which is like 5 days. Factor all this in when planning a cycle[/quote]

Well if someone were to use the Prop instead of the Enth, wouldn’t they be able to start their PCT sooner I would imagine?

Lol!

OP: The fact that prop has more active test is due to the fact that out of the 100mg, there is less weight (mg’s) taken up by the shorter chain ester… as the test is weighed as an esterified product… not an unesterified product which is then esterified.

I guess it is something that adds up over time to the benefit of organon or whoever!
For example, the Cypionate ester is slightly shorter than the Enanthate ester - so theoretically there is “more” test in Cyp than Enanth. But i think that is supposed to be unnoticeable.

This is as far as my knowledge on esters go - they are really really complex! Maybe not for a pharmacologist though.

I do know that the longer the half life, the longer the ester must be… and the longer the ester is, the more it must weigh, thus taking up more of the “100mg” that is supposed to be “Testosterone”… even if the ester only weighs 1mg, that is 990mg of test you are getting out of your 1g a week!

Saps/Bushy - Would it be necessary to dose with a higher amount of a Cyp product over a 10 week period than a Prop product for example, over the same period? How would you work this out, and is it really necessary to any complex or accurate level or do you just trust that 400mg 2x a week will see you OK?!

Joe

Joe, I’m no expert, but I don’t think you would need to add a higher amount of cyp per week. The diference in the amount is so very close, that it can’t be that noticeable.

But, like I said, I’m no expert.

thats what i always thought too - ex bird. :wink:

LOL

Food for thought:

The following is the amount (in grams) of testosterone per 100mg of finished compound.

Testosterone Cypionate: 70mg
Testosterone Decanoate: 65mg
Testosterone Enantate: 72mg
Testosterone Isocaproate: 75mg
Testosterone Phenylpropionate: 69mg
Testosterone Propionate: 84mg
Testosterone Suspension: 100mg
Testosterone Undecanoate: 63mg

More food for thought:

Substance…Time in body…Typical SERM PCT length

Aratest…3 weeks…3 weeks
Anadrol50/Anapolan50…8-12 hours…3 weeks
Deca Durobolan…3 weeks…4 weeks
Dianabol…4-8 hours…3 weeks
Equipoise…17-21 days…3 weeks
Finajet/Trenbolone…3 days…3 weeks
Primobolan Depot…10-14 days…2 weeks
Sustanon…3 weeks…3 weeks
Test Cypionate…2 weeks…3 weeks
Test Enth/Testoviron…2 weeks…3 weeks
Test Propionate…3 days…3 weeks
Test Suspension…4-8 hours…2 weeks
Winstrol…8-12 hours…2 weeks

that first one is really good… interesting - i never knew they took so much fucking space.

It doesnt change anything though… even though 1g is actually 700mg of cyp - it is still 1g as we know it by effect.

We could take the unesterified 700mg and call it 10grams if we liked, it would still do the same.

Interesting none the less

[quote]LayinLo wrote:
LOL

Food for thought:

The following is the amount (in grams) of testosterone per 100mg of finished compound.

Testosterone Cypionate: 70mg
Testosterone Decanoate: 65mg
Testosterone Enantate: 72mg
Testosterone Isocaproate: 75mg
Testosterone Phenylpropionate: 69mg
Testosterone Propionate: 84mg
Testosterone Suspension: 100mg
Testosterone Undecanoate: 63mg
[/quote]

I don’t see how Enth would match Prop according to this fact list when you compare them in weight. This fact list states that Enth has 6/7ths the Test that Prop has. That seems like more than an unnoticeable difference to me. Comparing a $600,000 salary a year to a 700,000 salary, I would take the $700,000 salary.

If you were to inject regularly enough, say daily, couldn’t test prop not only allow you to start your PCT earlier, but start your gains sooner (side effects aside) at the beginning of the cycle due to its ability to activate its effects quicker as well as give better results from more stable levels of Test and more Test in general?

(If you match them in the exact same weight per week that is) It sounds to me like Test Prop can be looked at as more beneficial per mg than Enth as long as you inject frequently enough.

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
If you were to inject regularly enough, say daily, couldn’t test prop not only allow you to start your PCT earlier, but start your gains sooner (side effects aside) at the beginning of the cycle due to its ability to activate its effects quicker as well as give better results from more stable levels of Test and more Test in general? (If you match them in the exact same weight per week that is) It sounds to me like Test Prop can be looked at as more beneficial per mg than Enth as long as you inject frequently enough.[/quote]

What you say is probably true, but the big thing going against prop is the soreness that comes after the injection. That’s why enth or cyp is favored by almost everyone for long (say, 8 weeks or more) cycles.

edit: Just realized this is my 100th post. Only took me a year! lol

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
If you were to inject regularly enough, say daily, couldn’t test prop not only allow you to start your PCT earlier, but start your gains sooner (side effects aside) at the beginning of the cycle due to its ability to activate its effects quicker as well as give better results from more stable levels of Test and more Test in general? (If you match them in the exact same weight per week that is) It sounds to me like Test Prop can be looked at as more beneficial per mg than Enth as long as you inject frequently enough.

What you say is probably true, but the big thing going against prop is the soreness that comes after the injection. That’s why enth or cyp is favored by almost everyone for long (say, 8 weeks or more) cycles.

edit: Just realized this is my 100th post. Only took me a year! lol[/quote]

I think that there are enough injection sites so that the soreness is reduced. Though injections would probably still hurt regardless. No one ever said that taking roids was all glamour after all.

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:

If you were to inject regularly enough, say daily, couldn’t test prop not only allow you to start your PCT earlier, but start your gains sooner (side effects aside) at the beginning of the cycle due to its ability to activate its effects quicker as well as give better results from more stable levels of Test and more Test in general? [/quote]

Very true. This has been proven.

[quote]
(If you match them in the exact same weight per week that is) It sounds to me like Test Prop can be looked at as more beneficial per mg than Enth as long as you inject frequently enough.[/quote]

It usually is considered to have more punch. I hadn’t given too much thought as too whether it was due to injection frequency or weight.

I wish I knew. That would mean I was probably making that $700,000 salary you talked about earlier!