T Nation

Ammonia for Lifting

Hey guys , simple question : i have access to concentrated and diluted ammonia , which one should i use for lifting ? how diluted should it be ? and in what bottle should i store it , glass or plastic ?

[quote]amoklauf90210 wrote:
Hey guys , simple question : i have access to concentrated and diluted ammonia , which one should i use for lifting ? how diluted should it be ? and in what bottle should i store it , glass or plastic ?[/quote]

I just use ammonia packets to bust open for deadlifts at meets or some nose tork. Super cheap and that way you don’t have to worry about spilled liquids assuming that’s what you’re talking about.

I’d second the capsules. You can buy them on Amazon for pennies and you don’t have to worry about something smashing in your gym bag and making a mess.

And they work like CRAZY.

If you don’t have the capsules (which are optimal) put some cotton balls into an old aspirin bottle and dump the ammonia in it enough to soak into the cotton balls…any good redneck who has been dipping Skoal his whole life knows, this will keep you from spilling it everywhere…

Do you guys like the ammonia capsules better than Nose Tork?

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

CS[/quote]

I do, when going for an attempt, its much easier to hold the capsule on top of my ear, grab it and snap the capsule, snort the hell out of it and throw it down and rush the weights. As opposed to Nose Tork, you have to hold it, unscrew it, snort the hell out of it, then proceed to angrily screw the top back up and proceed to the weights…

the thing is , capsules arent that easy to get cause i live in germany and have FREE access to liquid ammonia , so what % of ammonia should i use

thanks for the cottonball-bottle advice !

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

CS[/quote]

I do, when going for an attempt, its much easier to hold the capsule on top of my ear, grab it and snap the capsule, snort the hell out of it and throw it down and rush the weights. As opposed to Nose Tork, you have to hold it, unscrew it, snort the hell out of it, then proceed to angrily screw the top back up and proceed to the weights… [/quote]

That’s the only downside I had with using Nose Tork. You would have to have somebody hold it for you, take it away, put under your nose again, take it away, etc.

CS