Ammonia Caps

[quote]pkiousis wrote:
i use to use them. i don’t thik they did anything. i am more of a focused lifter than a rage lifter. my workout partner did one at a meet with my fresh bottle of nose torx. i warned him it was much stronger than his.

he took a big snort and his eyes watered up so bad we had to guide him to the squat rack. he missed the lift. pretty entertaining.[/quote]

lmao.

im definately a “rage lifter” comapred to a “focus lifter” i like to smack myself in the face and stuff and i always get going about halfway through a DL set cuz thats when the adrenaline kicks in.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I love’em. They make the voices shut up. You know the ones when you get under a heavy ass squat saying “this is too much weight”

I swear…I don’t normally hear voices…[/quote]

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
Ok, I have to be the stupid one, what is it/are they?

Come to Thornton and I’ll show you.[/quote]

Well I’m not going to turn that down!

i know defranco is a fan

[quote]masonator wrote:
I LOVE ammonia/nose tork. There’s just nothing better than a fresh bottle of tork before a squat.

I’ve actually considered buying extra so I can smell them as soon as I wake up in the morning.[/quote]

I did this. BAD! Very Very Bad!

I dont get it, what exactly DOES the ammonia caps do? I read the article posted, and i still dont get it.

Word of caution… the more you use them the less effect you will get off of them. I am at the point where they dont do much to me anymore. The bottle trick does work though, not only to preserve the capsule, but to use as a device to get a bigger hit.

Squeeze the bottle right when you inhale and you get a much more concentrated amount. Also be careful with storing these, as I live in dallas and in the garage in the summertime it gets over the recommended range of storage and they dont feel as potent after.

where do you get these? This cant be healthy.

What exactly is the concentration in these caps?

[quote]Split wrote:
where do you get these? This cant be healthy.[/quote]

Places that sell gym stuff (EFS, Inzer, APT) or places that sell first aid/medical type stuff, I would imagine.

Whoever asked what they do: They “wake you up” and are supposed to clear your head (and set your sinuses on fire). Ammonia caps are basically the “smelling salts” used to revive people.

Some people like them, some people get nothing out of them. I’m not a fan, but I’m also not one of those lifters that gets all psyched up, talks themselves or screams mid lift.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Some people like them, some people get nothing out of them. I’m not a fan, but I’m also not one of those lifters that gets all psyched up, talks themselves or screams mid lift. [/quote]

Doesn’t Benedikt Magnusson use them before ME lifts?

Look at his pre-deadlift ritual. Crazy.

I still don’t get it, though, even after that article.

Is it like “I’m going to smell this ammonia cap and singe my sinuses so this 1000lb deadlift doesn’t seem so painful” kinda thing?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Is it like “I’m going to smell this ammonia cap and singe my sinuses so this 1000lb deadlift doesn’t seem so painful” kinda thing?[/quote]

If it worked for me, I’d be able to answer that. CP said it shuts up the voices.

The last time I used ammonia, the voices went from saying “you better fucking get this” to “Fuck fuck oww! Punch Nate in the balls next time you get close enough”. I did make the lift, so maybe it did work.

This is the good stuff - from MonsterMuscle.com

[photo]20360[/photo]

A fresh bottle will kick your ass.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Is it like “I’m going to smell this ammonia cap and singe my sinuses so this 1000lb deadlift doesn’t seem so painful” kinda thing?[/quote]

Yeah its kind of like that… I tend to get a tiny bit light headed but feel like I wanna walk through a damn wall after I take the hit… it just feels like all your senses are firing at once… try it sometime, I think you will like it.

[quote]4est wrote:
This is the good stuff - from MonsterMuscle.com

[photo]20360[/photo]

A fresh bottle will kick your ass.

[/quote]

4est have you compared this to regular caps? I typically just order the caps from elite but I was thinking about getting this stuff next time as it looks like it will last longer since I go through it pretty quick.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
I dont get it, what exactly DOES the ammonia caps do? I read the article posted, and i still dont get it.[/quote]

they MAKE YOU GO FUCKIN LOCO HOMES!

heres my question - is it possible to sniff an ammonia cap and still set up straps?

2nd question, do you take it like a quick hit or do you do it like a long deep inhale?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
Some people like them, some people get nothing out of them. I’m not a fan, but I’m also not one of those lifters that gets all psyched up, talks themselves or screams mid lift.

Doesn’t Benedikt Magnusson use them before ME lifts?

Look at his pre-deadlift ritual. Crazy.

its more like, “im going to sniff this ammonia cap so i get really fucking pissed off and make this 1000 lb deadlift feel a 500 pound deadlift. RAAAAAAAAAAAA”

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

Benedikt Magnusson
[/quote]
most badass name ever

[quote]
heres my question - is it possible to sniff an ammonia cap and still set up straps?

2nd question, do you take it like a quick hit or do you do it like a long deep inhale? [/quote]

1. Yes

2. At first prob just a quick hit, but as you get accustumed to it you will take long hits with the cap right under your nose.

unrelated: Benedikt Magnusson is the most awesome DLer ever. everyone is on andy boltons dick but Benny puts on a damn good show.