Amino Vital Sports Drink

Anyone ever try this stuff? I had some at my gym the other day just after doing some cardio. Was thinking it might do well during my soccer games by providing a nice mix of BCAA’s without too many carbs.

http://www.amino-vital.com/whatisaminovitalMNS.asp

Alternatively, has anyone tried taking something like Surge during cardio-intensive athletic competition? I’m not sure it would sit right in my stomache at halftime of a soccer game, but maybe I would be better off…

Kuz

• Return with honor.

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t “sit right”. Being so instantly absorbable with so minimal digestion, I would think the only thing easier on your stomach would be water. But that’s just my assumption. Not that I know anything, or sumthin.

I’ve tried sipping Surge during basketball games. It sits fine, but I think it dries my mouth out a little, or something and I don’t like to do it.

[quote]JohnnyChainsaw wrote:
I’ve tried sipping Surge during basketball games. It sits fine, but I think it dries my mouth out a little, or something and I don’t like to do it.[/quote]

You just need to dilute it more when used during activities like basketball, soccer, or running.

I know that Amino Vital is also available premixed in bottles. This is most likely a waste of money since the amino acids have been sitting in the liquid for weeks. After putting amino acids in water, they start breaking down in between 30-60 minutes, so I dont see how it could be anything other than flavored water.

In terms of the packs, those come out to 2$ a pack in the box of 5. That is a rip off if you ask me, especially for the amt. of good stuff in there. I prefer using “100% MR”. Lemonlime and Orange taste damn good at it comes out to 1.30$ for a serving. I take this during and before my workout and Surge afterwards.
-Matt

[quote]michaelv wrote:
I’m not sure why it wouldn’t “sit right”. Being so instantly absorbable with so minimal digestion, I would think the only thing easier on your stomach would be water. But that’s just my assumption. Not that I know anything, or sumthin.[/quote]

Well, it’s the taste, really. Yes, I know there is huge long debate over this, but I tend to be a little more sensitive to the whey hydrosylate taste than others seem to be, that was my only thought.

Kuz

[quote]Matgic wrote:
In terms of the packs, those come out to 2$ a pack in the box of 5. That is a rip off if you ask me, especially for the amt. of good stuff in there. I prefer using “100% MR”. Lemonlime and Orange taste damn good at it comes out to 1.30$ for a serving. I take this during and before my workout and Surge afterwards.
-Matt[/quote]

I will look into the 100% MR, but I saw the Amino Vital on-line for about $0.35 per pack. Just thought because this was lower in carbs it could be good during cardio activity (especially during a cutting period).

Kuz

[quote]Kuz wrote:
michaelv wrote:
I’m not sure why it wouldn’t “sit right”. Being so instantly absorbable with so minimal digestion, I would think the only thing easier on your stomach would be water. But that’s just my assumption. Not that I know anything, or sumthin.

Well, it’s the taste, really. Yes, I know there is huge long debate over this, but I tend to be a little more sensitive to the whey hydrosylate taste than others seem to be, that was my only thought.

Kuz[/quote]

Maybe try diluting it, as someone else said. Or try mixing in some kool-aid or something like that. Just a thought…