Amino Acids Before Workout

I read an article by Dr. Jose Antonio on amino acids. In it, he essentially reccomends taking Essential Amino Acids before a workout to help with muscle protein gain.

Now, my question to ya’ll is: Would Optimum Nutrition Superior Amino 2222 Liquid be suitable for this pre-workout supplementation, or would any of ya’ll reccomend something else? I’d like to keep price in mind, as I’m a highschool student still, so cost still remains a factor, but even so, I’d like to know what everyone’s opinions on the subject matter are (especially if the saying “you get what you pay for” rings true for amino supplements; then if I need to shell out some more cash, then so be it).

So just in case I babbled too much and need to simplify: What amino acid supplement would you reccomend, if Optimum Nutrition Superior Amino 2222 Liquid isn’t a good choice?

Thanks in advance ya’ll!

-Joe

I get my branched chain aminos from Biotest Surge immediately prior to training, although you could experiment with straight branched chain amino acid powder.

I wouldn’t bother with an essential amino formula since the branched chain aminos are what you really want before, during, and after training.