Amino Acid Supplementation

Thanks, ktennies! :slight_smile:

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
What works for you may not work for another.

My claim was that it worked for ME…What part of that don’t you understand?
[/quote]

so instead of claiming bullshit to all other posts you could have simply stated the first part of your sentence above. see my point…

DG

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
What works for you may not work for another.

My claim was that it worked for ME…What part of that don’t you understand?

so instead of claiming bullshit to all other posts you could have simply stated the first part of your sentence above. see my point…

DG

You must have mistaken what I wrote. This was my first post:

"I know that amino liquids are not the best choice because the body cannot really use the collagen aminos.

Bullshit…I’ve used them for years with great results."

As you can see I did not call “bullshit to all other posts”. It is “bullshit” to state that something DOES NOT WORK, or even that it’s not the best choice because in most cases that depends on who is taking it, how it’s taken, how long and under what conditions. Now if the poster had stated “it’s not the best choice for me” how could anyone argue with that?

For example how many times have you tried a new routine with your training partner? At the end of 6-8 weeks your partner has had stupendous results and you look in the mirror and don’t see a significant enough change for all the work.

Was the routine bad? It was pretty darn good for your training partner.

One need not even examine an entire training program. Let’s just look at one movement, the bench press. Some trainees can blow their chests up in a huge way with this movement and swear by it as the number one chest developer. Other trainees seem to get development in the shoulder area by benching.

Different people get different results with the same movement, or in our case the same supplement.

If someone said “bench pressing is not the best chest developer” I would have to say “Bullshit I love the movement it works great for me”. But if they state “it’s not the best choice for me” how could anyone argue with that?

With me on this?

I was very clear in what I said and I stand by it. Those who take it personally probably need to relax just a tad. There is only one being that is infallible and they’re not posting on T Nation.

By claiming that a certain supplement worked best for me should not attract ad hominem attacks from anyone, especially people who are supposed to know better.

Fair?

By the way, I noticed that in a previous post you wrote: To answer your question…I’ve taken every form out there, I find the powders to give me the best results.

Should I attack you because you think powders are best?

Of course not, that would be idiotic and sophomoric behavior. That is your personal experience and it has merit.

Conversely…

I too have taken “every form out there” and my personal experience leads me in a different direction than you. That doesn’t mean that you’re wrong, or that I’m wrong. What it means is that different things work for different people regardless of what the latest hot science has to say about it.

[/quote]

my whole point is I didn’t call “bullshit” on something just because I may disagree. Look at the way you stated how something has worked for you .vs. how I stated it. One offers an opinion and experience. The other is more aggressive and basically conveys an “i’m right your full of it” attitude.

I won’t argue that those “collagen aminos” haven’t worked for you, I honestly could care less. But it could all be a misunderstanding on my part or typing on your part. Your way of conveying yourself wasn’t the best.

/argument for me.

DG