Americans

“They do this because they were told too. They do it because they love this Country.”

Which is it?

I concur with ShortDave’s convictions. Just because you love someone (or your country) does not mean that you happily accept or approve of all they do. It is our duty as autonomous beings to speak and THINK freely – fortunately, our country allows us to do that…

If sharing negative opinions about the actions of our country means I’m unpatriotic, then so be it. I’d rather be unpatriotic than a mindless drone.

I love you Il Cazzo, you little cum-dumpster, you.
RLTW

Shortdave
Excellent post!

Which is it?

For the men and women in uniform it is both.

Regardless of the current situation, we (as a country) have made a commitment to liberate Iraq. We should honor that commitment and find a solution. Disagree, question, investigate, speak freely, but realize that with free speech comes monumental power. Treat it with the respect that it deserves and use it wisely, because someone might actually be listening.

Me Solomon Grundy

Musclerob Buffpants, ha ha ha, so you watched Leno that night too eh?

“Musclerob,
That is fucking hilarious and very true.”

True? Yeah that’s right, because Canada doesn’t have the largest ISAF contingent in Afghanistan. I hate to sound like a prick but Canadian soldiers are dying in the war on terror too (as suggested, not in the same proportion). Do Canadian soldiers deserve less acknowledgement because they are risking their lives on behalf of Canada? And who doesn’t have a laugh about how Canada is largely defended by our American brothers, but in a thread such as this it appears a bit out of place.

But SCC, didn’t you realize the US is the only thing that matters in this entire world?