Americans Surveyed

Very good article. 74% of Americans Surveyed stated that the US Government was wasting their tax dollars. There are a lot of other Statistics in the article that are pretty eye opening.

60% of Americans say that the 2001 Bush Tax Cuts should be made permanent.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
60% of Americans say that the 2001 Bush Tax Cuts should be made permanent.[/quote]

Where did you get that info ? I sure did not see that in the article ?

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Very good article. 74% of Americans Surveyed stated that the US Government was wasting their tax dollars. There are a lot of other Statistics in the article that are pretty eye opening.

[/quote]

Yeah, but I guarantee they there’s nothing close to a consensus as there WHERE the waste is.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

-Total U.S. revolving debt (98 percent of which is made up of credit card debt): $864.4 billion, as of January 2010 (Source: Federal Reserve’s G.19 report on consumer credit, March 2010)

-Total U.S. consumer debt: $2.46 trillion, as of January 2010 (Source: Federal Reserve’s G.19 report on consumer credit, March 2010)

Source: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/credit-card-industry-facts-personal-debt-statistics-1276.php#creditlimits

So, appearantly the majority of Americans cannot even budget their own finances properly, so who are they to criticise?

Dont get me wrong, I agree there is a ton of waste, but its kind of like “the kettle calling the pot black”. The statistics dont mean anything because they are just saying “people who cant manage their own finances think the government isnt managing their tax dollars properly”.

I wish they would go to credible sources, like some well respected economist or something, and say “9 out of 10 economist believe the government is wasting tax dollars”. Then, it might mean something.

I mean, I buy my toothpaste because 9/10 dentist recommend it, not because 9/10 citizens use it! (j/k, but you get the point)

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
60% of Americans say that the 2001 Bush Tax Cuts should be made permanent.[/quote]

Where did you get that info ? I sure did not see that in the article ?[/quote]

From the article, verbatim:

Either your reading comprehension skills or your math skills seriously lacking :wink: