T Nation

American's More Pro-Life


#1

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More-Americans-Pro-Life-Than-Pro-Choice-First-Time.aspx

Just by a slight margin, but the direction is good. Things are moving in the right direction. We defiantly live int interesting times.


#2

Idiocracy was onto something…


#3

[quote]lixy wrote:
Idiocracy was onto something…[/quote]

A path well travelled…


#4

[quote]pat wrote:

Just by a slight margin, but the direction is good. Things are moving in the right direction. We defiantly live int interesting times. [/quote]

Wow, that’s good news. Thanks Pat.


#5

Yeah, fucking whores should just keep their legs shut if they don’t want kids.


#6

Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.


#7

I’ve always taken great issue with the “pro-life” tag. The reason being that I’ve never seen any evidence that these people are pro the life of the woman who has been raped, or the baby born into an abusive family. It seems to me to be quite a euphemistic title.

Pro-choice I think is more accurate, because I doubt any pro-choice people are pro-abortion as “pro-life” people would try and make it seem.


#8

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
I’ve always taken great issue with the “pro-life” tag. The reason being that I’ve never seen any evidence that these people are pro the life of the woman who has been raped, or the baby born into an abusive family. It seems to me to be quite a euphemistic title.

Pro-choice I think is more accurate, because I doubt any pro-choice people are pro-abortion as “pro-life” people would try and make it seem.[/quote]

You’re missing the point. People who aren’t pro-life are pro-death.


#9

[quote]lixy wrote:
People who aren’t pro-life are pro-death.[/quote]

QFT

:wink:


#10

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh. [/quote]

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.


#11

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh. [/quote]

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.


#12

[quote]Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.[/quote]

I find it hilarious that you think its right to kill babies.


#13

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh. [/quote]

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.


#14

[quote]Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with the body of another [quote]

fixed. You can’t be that fucking stupid? There is a ANOTHER PARTY involved here.


#15

[quote]Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.[/quote]

With all due respect my friend, that argument has been tested and been found to be ineffective. If it had any merit then prostitution would be legal as well as suicide.

As for the new poll I think that’s just reflective of an aging society. Most over 40 years of age are against the barbaric act of abortion.


#16

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.

With all due respect my friend, that argument has been tested and been found to be ineffective. If it had any merit then prostitution would be legal as well as suicide. [/quote]

Prostitution is legal in some places. As for suicide, I don’t know of many places that still lists it as a crime.

Your argument is one of tradition rather than intellect.


#17

[quote]Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.[/quote]

Please for the love of God don’t use this argument. This is a terrible argument to make and can easily be turned back on you. The baby/fetus is NOT part of her body. It is not her tissue, it has a unique genetic code and a self-directed developmental process. If you take it out of the womb and create an artificial womb complete with all nutrients it needs, it will direct its development on its own. It is DEPENDENT on her body, it is inside of her body, but it is not PART of it.

You can argue it isn’t a person, you can argue that it is a person but doesn’t deserve full protection under law, but you cannot successfully argue that it is not a unique individual organism separate from the woman and to attempt to do so will expose a rather large ignorance of biology.

I know it’s a popular rhetorical line to throw out, but please for the love of all that is science or is holy (your choice) don’t make that pathetic argument.


#18

[quote]lixy wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.

With all due respect my friend, that argument has been tested and been found to be ineffective. If it had any merit then prostitution would be legal as well as suicide.

Prostitution is legal in some places.

Your argument is one of tradition rather than intellect.[/quote]

Only in one place in Nevada lixy. 1 place in the entire USA. 8 counties there, that’s it. Rhode Island says prostitution is legal, but has outlawed street prostitution, brothels, and pimping.

The argument was centered on the US, not on European or Asian countries lixy. You know that but you deliberately mistook the statement.

Suicide is legal, mostly out of pragmatism. Unless it is assisted there is no practical way to enforce it.

And you ignored the larger point he made in the name of trying to nitpick–namely that there is a long legal tradition of regulating what a person can and can’t do with his or her own body, and I can think of a number examples other than the two above. But that argument is really beside the point as I posted above.


#19

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Makavali wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Makavali, the number seems directly proportional to your anger. Am I wrong? :slight_smile: heh.

I’m not angry. I find it hilarious that you think you have the right to legislate what a woman does with her body.

Please for the love of God don’t use this argument. This is a terrible argument to make and can easily be turned back on you. The baby/fetus is NOT part of her body. It is not her tissue, it has a unique genetic code and a self-directed development. It is DEPENDENT on her body, it is inside of her body, but it is not PART of it.

You can argue it isn’t a person, you can argue that it is a person but doesn’t deserve full protection under law, but you cannot successfully argue that it is not a unique individual organism separate from the woman and to attempt to do so will expose a rather large ignorance of biology.

I know it’s a popular rhetorical line to throw out, but please for the love of all that is science or is holy (your choice) don’t make that pathetic argument. [/quote]

Here’s an idea: Get a uterus and save all those poor little babies!


#20

ad hominem lixy. Cowboy the fuck up son. I didn’t make any judgment about the appropriateness of abortion or not. I simply said that particular argument was ridiculous from a biological science point of view. If you want to successfully elevate the level of the debate you’d be better off staying away from pathetic arguments like the one I addressed.