Americans Find Being Fat Not Unattractive

No they keep procreating because they find it not unatractive ie: actractive.

Seriously I do agree… why is there a society that supports an unhealthy life “risk” as being obese?

Is there one for smokers that are labeled “smokies or matchsticks, or whatever?”

This society is very dumb. Lets bombard their web blog with lots of pictures from the ass thread.

[quote]Massif wrote:
…like an angry lava lamp.[/quote]

Well played, old bean.

-FC

[quote]Professor X wrote:
md6161 wrote:
said Wann, who won’t use the word “overweight” because she says it’s judgmental"

“Gravitationally challenged”? “Adipose Superior”? What is the PC word for FAT?[/quote]

I am a huge fan of horizontally excessive, or proportionately inaccurate.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Bodyguard wrote:
I think the statement that most American find fat people not unattractive or how ever it was worded is flawed and more of the PC Bull Shit that is harming this country.

First in my opinion the term over weight is different than being obese I mean technically aren’t most weight trained people over weight I mean surely most Olympia contenders stepping on stage at 5’8" or so and weighing in at close to or above are certainly over weight by normal physiological standards IE a average size healthy person unless they are 7ft or more would not be carrying 300lbs.

Obese people however are carrying extreme adipose tissue stand a 230lb weight lifter next to the 230lb ass crack showing plumper stuffed under your sink and while they may both be technicaly overweight the differance in body composition is where the term overweight becomes a misnomer.

(No offense to plumbers as a whole)

I think people have been forced to conform there true opinions by a society which warns us not to offend people.

If you asked the average woman or man privately if they would like a hot sweaty passionate encounter with someone 100lbs obese. vs. their idea of lets say Brad or Angelina. of course they would say no.

Chubby chasers and other such fetishes aside.

I truly beleive most people have no ill will against the obese but I also believe that most people do not want to be obese or want there partners to be.

This has nothing to do with love or people who like a little extra cushion love is subjective as is attraction.

Obeseity connotates unhealthyness and fitness exudes health.

While most people may ignore weight gain in a spouse or not mention weight gain in a relative. That does not mean they don’t mind or if they had a choice would not like to get their arms completely around their lover like they did in the past.

I have never seen anyone who sees someone they know who has shaped up who has not said how wonderful they look or hasn’t said to them afterwords I was always so worried about you.

Not finding obesity attractive does not make you a bad person. any more than obesity makes a person undeserving of respect and kindness.

But I do beleive Political Correctness and perhaps kindess guide the answer to whether or not Most Americans find fatness unattractive.

Just a thought.

Yeah, but the term “overweight” and its parameters is brought to us by the same people that say you need about 50 grams of protein a day.

But, I agree with you: finding obesity attractive is simply not the way humans are wired.

Until, of course, the tequila kicks in.
[/quote]

I do beleieve you are correct Sir!

“…With about two-thirds of U.S. adults overweight, Americans seem more accepting of heavier body types, researchers say…”

Is it just me…or does that seem like a “Well, DUH!!!” statement?

Mufasa

[quote]wressler125 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
md6161 wrote:
said Wann, who won’t use the word “overweight” because she says it’s judgmental"

“Gravitationally challenged”? “Adipose Superior”? What is the PC word for FAT?

I am a huge fan of horizontally excessive, or proportionately inaccurate.[/quote]

They might take offense to the “innacurate” statement seeing as they want to be viewed as proportionately “generous”. Possibly “proportionately damn that’s a lot”?

I just read an article that claimed Americans were prefer to sleep with people with VD rather than fatties.

Honestly? I look at fat people and think what a waste. I don’t understand how someone can let themselves go, artificially place a limit on their potential and dreams in such a manner.

Sitting here today, I think of all the things I want to do: backpack europe, raft the zambezi, hike the rockies, study martial arts in the far east, etc. etc., and I look at what I need to do to be able to fulfill those dreams.

The biggest part of that is to be healthy nad strong both mentally and physically. I think if I just let my body go and became fat, I’d be cheating myself, and I would be mocking this great body I was given to mould and shape into the tool that I need to accomplish my tasks.

The fact to me is simply this, you control your own destiny, when you look back at your life in 50 years, is it gonna be filled with missed opportunities, regrets, and denials. Or will you be able to say you did what you wanted, lived life to the fullest, left a LEGACY.

This is a pretty old site, but I feel it holds some strong arguments against the article this thread linked to:

www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com

[quote]Ren wrote:
Honestly? I look at fat people and think what a waste. I don’t understand how someone can let themselves go, artificially place a limit on their potential and dreams in such a manner.

Sitting here today, I think of all the things I want to do: backpack europe, raft the zambezi, hike the rockies, study martial arts in the far east, etc. etc., and I look at what I need to do to be able to fulfill those dreams.

The biggest part of that is to be healthy nad strong both mentally and physically. I think if I just let my body go and became fat, I’d be cheating myself, and I would be mocking this great body I was given to mould and shape into the tool that I need to accomplish my tasks.

The fact to me is simply this, you control your own destiny, when you look back at your life in 50 years, is it gonna be filled with missed opportunities, regrets, and denials. Or will you be able to say you did what you wanted, lived life to the fullest, left a LEGACY.[/quote]

Well put. I couldn’t agree more. Why limit your potential and then convince yourself that you’re happy with it?

I was watching some shows on Discovery last night about morbidly obese people. This one kid used to tell his friends that his mother had died rather than explain she was 1,000 pounds and couldn’t move.

I’ve never been obese but even losing 28 pounds currently has improved my outlook and given me more energy to play with my extremely active daughter. I can’t understand how anybody can accept carrying around 300+ pounds of fat on their body. It doesn’t make sense.

[quote]HoosierFan wrote:
I can’t understand how anybody can accept carrying around 300+ pounds of fat on their body. It doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

What makes less sense is them blaming it on genetics as they cram even more food down their throats and are even less active. It is one thing to be fat, know it is because you don’t exercise and eat too much, and quite another to act as if you being fat and being looked at negatively is the fault of the rest of the country and that you have no control over how fat you are.

This was a comment posted by a member at the Big Fat Blog…

"A big part of the US economy is dependent on the 40 BILLION dollar a year diet industry. Also, just think of people stop dieting, they would get sick less and that would negatively affect the medical industry which depends upon “medicalizing” non illness or encouraging illness (afterall, dieting has been proven a risky behavior which threatens the immune system and several other things and since dieting is ineffective in 95 to 98 percent of people, it’s a gold mine for repeat customers).

So in the interest of a good economy, let us all go on a diet. Or better yet, let’s not and say we did. :slight_smile:

I think the public is beginning to get a clue that dieting is neither effective nor healthy. The weight loss industry will try to do damage control in featuring “studies” like this one, but they may not be able to stop the pendulem once it starts swinging."

Unbelievable! I’d be willing to wager that medical expenses on fat-related conditions far outweigh (no pun intended) expenses on people who get sick while dieting.

[quote]BigPaul wrote:

"Marilyn Wann, board member of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, said fat people are the target of a witch hunt in a fitness-obsessed nation.

“Everyone thinks it’s OK to make fun of fatties,” said Wann, who won’t use the word “overweight” because she says it’s judgmental"

Would a fitness-obsessed nation have the highest rates of obesity in the world? I think not.

If we were really fitness obsessed, rather than beauty or thinness obsessed, we would have more McGyms than we do McDonalds.[/quote]

Very good point

This thread really makes me want to go bang a fat chick. Who’s up for some hoggin’?

this is why i come here. i find myself becoming angry at fat people more and more. recently, at a play it again sports, i was attempting to buy some cheap junk, but i was held up in progress by some fat guy in front of me in line. he was trying to sell them a brand new looking treadmill while insisting that the exercise was just not working for him. really? ever use it? no, you didn’t. i can tell because it doesn’t look like a herd of elephants trampled on it.

in the past when food was much more scarce, fat chicks were seen as very beatiful.

I think we are somehow programmed to find things that are rare attractive.

In a world full of fat birds we lust after fitness models

if the world was full of fitness models, would those dough loving ladies start looking more attractive?

[quote]legend wrote:
in the past when food was much more scarce, fat chicks were seen as very beatiful.

I think we are somehow programmed to find things that are rare attractive.

In a world full of fat birds we lust after fitness models

if the world was full of fitness models, would those dough loving ladies start looking more attractive?[/quote]

In reality, at the turn of the 20th century, fat men were considered a great catch because it meant they made enough money to eat well. The conditions of society do play a part in social status. I am sure that didn’t stop their wives from cheating on them with the much leaner stable boy, but at least they had a nice home to come back to after rolling around in the hey all day.

I was at the mall. Stopped by the food court to grab a coke and over heard two obese women talking they were at a geust timate close two 250 they looked more like 300 but I’m giving the benefit of the doubt as they are women and carry less muscle anyway. But back to what they were saying the one who looked to be about 5’4" said to the other one I really need to lose weight I decide last night now is the time.

What crossed my mind was at her height why was 250/300 the time? Why wasn’t 180? 140? when is the time to say enough already?

Was it the ruined furnature? Desentigrating joints what?

Just an observation but I have heard comments like this before so again why now? Why not befor?

I want a fat babe…

(Not me!They said it!)

[quote]MrChill wrote:
I want a fat babe…

(Not me!They said it!)[/quote]

LOL…XEXE