American Strongman Association

The replacement site for xtremestrongman.com is up and running. It has taken a little while and the new site is still obviously under construction. The IFSA of the USA is now a thing of the past. All USA Pro Strongmen are now members of the American Strongman Association run by Dione and Willie Wessels. Hopefully things will run a little bit smoother now.

http://www.americanstrongman.org

I didn’t realize you were a “pro.” Pretty cool. It was also good to see a 5’8" listed among the pros - maybe us short guys still have a chance!

That was actually Grant Higga, I competed against him at the NH Highland Games comp. two weeks ago. He is an awesome guy.

Brad,

You in any comps coming up? Do you have any contacts in the Denver/Colorado Springs area. I’m trying to get into the sport and would like to compete locally in the near future.

mdragon,
Check out the NASS website and message board.

If you go to this link you can look up who is the state chairman in your area. You could also just post something on the anvil (nass message board). I beleive there is a link to the anvil on the front page of nastrongman.com. I’m sure there is someone out there you could hook up with.

As far as upcoming comps are concerned, I will be taking a break for a little while. I got involved in the sport about a year and a half ago and have done 9 competitions, needless to say my body needs a break. First it was disk problems, then pulled hamstring, and now I have to get surgery for a hernia. Body is trying to tell me something. Good luck, and PM or e-mail me with any questions.

[quote]Brad Cardoza wrote:
mdragon,
Check out the NASS website and message board.

If you go to this link you can look up who is the state chairman in your area. You could also just post something on the anvil (nass message board). I beleive there is a link to the anvil on the front page of nastrongman.com. I’m sure there is someone out there you could hook up with.

As far as upcoming comps are concerned, I will be taking a break for a little while. I got involved in the sport about a year and a half ago and have done 9 competitions, needless to say my body needs a break. First it was disk problems, then pulled hamstring, and now I have to get surgery for a hernia. Body is trying to tell me something. Good luck, and PM or e-mail me with any questions.

http://www.pinnaclestrengthandfitness.com[/quote]

Brad,

Thank you that was a great help. I just e-mailed a guy about a contest in NM which is only a few hundred miles from here. Congrats on the web site. I may be looking you up at a later time.

Heal up and kick some ass!

mdragon,

I’m also in the Denver area. The NASS cite lists two gyms in Aurora that supposedly have strongman training facilities. Ever been to either of those? I train at home currently just doing the basic big lifts.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
mdragon,

I’m also in the Denver area. The NASS cite lists two gyms in Aurora that supposedly have strongman training facilities. Ever been to either of those? I train at home currently just doing the basic big lifts.[/quote]

MiketheBear,

I actually live in Colorado Springs and train at FLEX gym. I have not been to the gyms in Aurora, but I am thinking of doing some Saturday sessions with Tire, Sled, what ever else I can get my hands on. You interested? I have a Vasectomy Thursday morning so I’m at home licking my balls for a week.

[quote]mdragon wrote:
MikeTheBear wrote:
mdragon,

I’m also in the Denver area. The NASS cite lists two gyms in Aurora that supposedly have strongman training facilities. Ever been to either of those? I train at home currently just doing the basic big lifts.

MiketheBear,

I actually live in Colorado Springs and train at FLEX gym. I have not been to the gyms in Aurora, but I am thinking of doing some Saturday sessions with Tire, Sled, what ever else I can get my hands on. You interested? I have a Vasectomy Thursday morning so I’m at home licking my balls for a week.[/quote]

You bet. I used to drive to the Springs every day so the drive is no big deal, especially on a Saturday with no rush hour. I’m fat and weak right now so some sled dragging and tire flipping would be just the ticket. Good luck with your procedure and PM me when you’re healed up.