American Military - We're Honored

[quote]PGJ wrote:
AndrewG909 wrote:
Proff X wrote:
fos121 wrote:
On behalf of my military team, we thank you for your support. And please, debate all you want - it’s what we are out here fighting for

Exactly. There are LIBERALS in the military. There are CONSERVATIVES in the military. Only the most basic minds would associate military service with one political affiliation or the other.

An oath is taken to stand for and protect the ideals of the Constitution, not to give a shit whether you are stupid enough to base all of your opinions on whether you like “red” or “blue”. Do us all a favor and learn to think for yourself.

There definitely is both political groups in the military. The thing about the people who are against our current administration is they tend to complain more (in my experience) about having to deploy or do certain parts of the job because they don’t agree with it.

Whereas the people that feel that we are doing the right thing will sacrafice more because they are fighting for a cause that they believe in. I’m in no way bashing any political group in the military because they both serve proudly and give their lives but I personally like working with those that support the war more than those that don’t. It’s all about morale when your away from home.

Sorry for hijacking your thread china doll. Great pomst, to bad there aren’t more people like you. I read an article about how they want to make a constitutional amendment to stop protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers because people were showing up with signs saying that these kids deserved to die.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to be a mother and see signs saying that your fallen son is going to hell. Makes me sick

I was with the Patriot Riders Group at a n Army SSgt. funeral in Athens, GA recently where that abortion of a church was present with the “God hates you” and the “Your son deserved to die” and “thank God for IED’s” signs. They are filthy, evil, despicable people. We were there to provide a buffer between the church and the protestors. It was sad to see the family and friends of the fallen going into the church while idiots were callling them names. Freedom of speech shouldn’t protect that. I don’t think the founding fathers had that in mind.

[/quote]

It’s amazing how people can have such hate for those that protect our country then call themselves Americans much less christians. THose people should be dropped off in the middle of an islamic nation so they can see what the soldiers had to go through and so they could know exactly what kind of people they are defending.

My wife is currently deployed to Iraq. she is an officer with the U.S. Army. fortunately, she will be home next month. it has been a long year.

she planned on doing this as a career, but it has taken too much of an emotional strain on her, due to being away from her family. we have two young boys (7 and 5).

the role reversal has been pretty tough. i am mr. mom now…

also, as a former infantry Marine… . know that most are very happy to serve this country, and would have it no other way…

here is a pic of me as a young corporal, and my wife… hot army officer, huh?

[quote]GrumpyChris wrote:
My wife is currently deployed to Iraq. she is an officer with the U.S. Army. fortunately, she will be home next month. it has been a long year.

she planned on doing this as a career, but it has taken too much of an emotional strain on her, due to being away from her family. we have two young boys (7 and 5).

the role reversal has been pretty tough. i am mr. mom now…

also, as a former infantry Marine… . know that most are very happy to serve this country, and would have it no other way…

here is a pic of me as a young corporal, and my wife… hot army officer, huh?
[/quote]

That’s such an adorable photo! I hope you and your children have a wonderful homecoming with your wife!

[quote]fos121 wrote:
On behalf of my military team, we thank you for your support. And please, debate all you want - it’s what we are out here fighting for[/quote]

And thank YOU for your service and your bravery. And post pictures, if possible!

God Bless America

My two friends and some other soldiers on deployment in the Middle East.

thanks for the comments… we are certainly looking forward to her return… we wont know exactly what day or time she is coming back until about 24 hours ahead of time… so, she could arrive at 3a.m…who knows… i will certainly post pics…

and as for those “christian” protesters… our community (ft.campbell and surrounding areas) just, in a sense, ignored them… they want confrontation, and no one from our community showed up to protest the protesters… the base also closed the gate that they were in front of… so there was less traffic for them to annoy…

[quote]pushharder wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:
Too bad we have a repungent administration running the whole show.

Too bad we have ankle-biters like you that want to piss on C-Doll’s perfectly good parade. Go home, Chihuahua (and learn how to spell).[/quote]

Yeah because its so fantastic that we are sending 18-19 year old soldiers to die in a worthless war, so we can feed our greedy administration. Who said anything about pissing on her parade? Oh right because a woman made the post you have to jump ahead and defend her since she isnt capable of doing that herself?

[quote]PGJ wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:

Box, Shut the hell up, asshole.

Chinadoll, thank you for your kind words and support.[/quote]

So I am an asshole because I think that our administration is fucked up? Because sending soldiers to die is a good idea right? Fighting for what purpose? Oh yeah, because Iraq was such a huge threat.

My wife with Kathy Griffen

Chinadoll: Thank you for the kind words. My team got back last November and our boys and girls are headed back again soon. Our unit has spent more time in the sand than at home. I know that in the hellacious months we spent overseas that despite the crap, bullets, and bureacracy we faced, it was by knowing that people were protected at home we could continue to do our jobs. The fact that you felt strongly enough to take just a few minutes to post your thoughts means a lot to me and my compadres.

It’s hard to describe how good it feels to get just a simple nod or a little note of thanks from somebody you’ve never met. To take the liberty of speaking for like-minded individuals in uniform, we don’t do it for the thanks, but those seemingly insignificant words, when said with heart-felt meaning, mean more than can be expressed; and I thank you for sharing them.

If I may ramble a minute: Many of us do not support the war. A number of us do. It’s not about that. It’s about the fact that there are people who are willing and able to give of themselves to be ready for battle should American freedom ever come under attack. I don’t care what people think about the current war. What I care about is that there are other citizens in this country who are willing to spend years away from families dodging bullets and fighting evil simply because they feel it’s the right thing to do.

People join the military for many different reasons. Some of them are selfish, some of them aren’t. But the point is that as long as people are willing to wear a flag on their arm that says “I will give my life, and my enemy’s life, to protect freedom,” America has the opportunity to be free.

The government speaks for the people in that it is chosen by the people through a proces that is hundreds of years old and legal (whether liked or despised). But the American government is powerless without the muscle provided by patriots who give of themselves to be used by the people in whatever way the country sees fit.

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines are an extension of the American people, to be used as decided by a government ELECTED BY THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. Military members care about the government and how it uses them. They speak their feelings by choosing to reenlist or get out. But while they are in, they are stating that they will trust the American government, and do as they are asked simply to ensure that there are capable people ready so that freedom is able to be protected. These people put themselves in the hands of the people through the government, in order to ensure that there is less of a chance of attack on the citizens of this country and its allies. For those that disagree in the manner in which we are used, I say GET OUT AND VOTE because that’s the only way to ensure our proper use. We are here to be used by you. We are at the mercy of the government. We choose that life. A life of sacrificing an amount of free will and choice to be prepared to defend your safety from internal and external enemies as you perceive them.

One of the things that disgusts me most in today’s society, both at home and abroad, is apathy. It’s why I hate non-medical obesity. Laziness is what’s killing our country. The one thing that cannot be said about military people (at large -there are exceptions to be sure) is that they aren’t taking part in their community. On some level, every military member has said that the American people are more important than they are- or at least that they are willing to give their life to ensure yours. These people are to be commended for the fact that they stand up to say they still care. And care enough to kill and die for an ideal and a people that they will allow to dislike, or love them as each individual sees fit. Say what you want about the administration and the soldiers; but damnit- respect the fact that marines and soldiers still care enough about our people, our ideals, and our country to do SOMETHING for this society, even if you don’t agree with it.

In today’s world the military men and women know the risks they’re taking by putting on their uniform every day. New recruits are also aware of the dangers they will face down the road. There is no running from a deployment to the desert if U.S. Navy, Army, Marine Corps, or Air Force is on your shirt. Despite all that, there are people left in this country who say they will serve, if only to ensure that there is somebody capable of protecting us. That deserves respect and thanks.

I’ve been to Walter Reed Medical Center and Bethesda Medical Center. I’ve seen the soldiers without limbs. I’ve seen families torn apart by constant deployment and separation. I’ve seen the joy in a child’s eyes when the Americans come in to protect them from bad people. And that’s why it is all given.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
–George Orwell

Thanks again Chinadoll…sorry for possibly stealing the thread.
-B

I work in a carpark in Australia…YEAH.

Seriously though, you would all be fucked without me. You can talk all this smack about ‘soldiers’ but tell me this, how free would you be without someone to enter into an implied contract regarding parking? Yeah that’s right. What about when the boom gate doesn’t work and I have to get out of my booth to let you out manually. Yeah not very free stuck in a carpark because the boomgate, not until I come along.

And that is why they call me, hero.

I disagree with the OP in that people not in the military aren’t as worthy or giving less. There are plenty other professions that have risk in the aim of helping others (e.g. i am in the fire service).
People in these jobs made the decisions to be in them. Sure they’re good people for taking that job but they didn’t enter into these services knowing that they would hate it and most likely die to save other people. Hell when i was in the army we were a bunch of lads (good lads none the less) that where all buzzing off the idea of being a soldier.

The guys in Iraq are great but they don’t give any more or are any more worthy than any other good person in the world, regardless whether their job directly helps people or not.

I think when people are pushed to extreme conditions (e.g. in wars) then many people will show their true colours and most of them are good guys… in my stay in the army i wouldn’t say that all i served with were saints there were cold blooded killers, but these were the minority.

It kind of gets on my nerves and i think i can voice my opinions having been in these positions myself, but people who’s job description it is to save lives aren’t necessarily heroic life savers.

I suppose you could say that my fire department directly and ‘indirectly’ saved lives on 9/11 but i got to admit we were doing are jobs and we don’t go roaming the streets on our off time searching for people to actively save.

I think true heroes are not people who are in a situation at the right time and act seemingly heroicly, but in fact do what any non-evil person would do in the situation.
Heroes are people who actively make it their goal to help as many people as possible with the solitary incentive of saving them. (as opposed to doing a job or the credit)

Some of you may disagree with me and say i’m insulting every guy over in iraq, but put it this way, most guys here working in less risky jobs, would sacrifice themselves in exactly the same way if they were in the army.

Peace

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
PGJ wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:

Chinadoll, thank you for your kind words and support.

So I am an asshole because I think that our administration is fucked up? Because sending soldiers to die is a good idea right? Fighting for what purpose? Oh yeah, because Iraq was such a huge threat. [/quote]

No that’s not it.

You’re an ashole because you jumped in a “praise the rank & file” thread with inappropriate political comments.

Now if you want to toss around political attacks start your own thread and have at it.

Oh…and I agree chinadoll, we are lucky to have such fine people in our military.

[quote]blondeguy wrote:
Chinadoll: Thank you for the kind words. My team got back last November and our boys and girls are headed back again soon. Our unit has spent more time in the sand than at home. I know that in the hellacious months we spent overseas that despite the crap, bullets, and bureacracy we faced, it was by knowing that people were protected at home we could continue to do our jobs. The fact that you felt strongly enough to take just a few minutes to post your thoughts means a lot to me and my compadres.

It’s hard to describe how good it feels to get just a simple nod or a little note of thanks from somebody you’ve never met. To take the liberty of speaking for like-minded individuals in uniform, we don’t do it for the thanks, but those seemingly insignificant words, when said with heart-felt meaning, mean more than can be expressed; and I thank you for sharing them.

If I may ramble a minute: Many of us do not support the war. A number of us do. It’s not about that. It’s about the fact that there are people who are willing and able to give of themselves to be ready for battle should American freedom ever come under attack. I don’t care what people think about the current war. What I care about is that there are other citizens in this country who are willing to spend years away from families dodging bullets and fighting evil simply because they feel it’s the right thing to do.

People join the military for many different reasons. Some of them are selfish, some of them aren’t. But the point is that as long as people are willing to wear a flag on their arm that says “I will give my life, and my enemy’s life, to protect freedom,” America has the opportunity to be free.

The government speaks for the people in that it is chosen by the people through a proces that is hundreds of years old and legal (whether liked or despised). But the American government is powerless without the muscle provided by patriots who give of themselves to be used by the people in whatever way the country sees fit.

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines are an extension of the American people, to be used as decided by a government ELECTED BY THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. Military members care about the government and how it uses them. They speak their feelings by choosing to reenlist or get out. But while they are in, they are stating that they will trust the American government, and do as they are asked simply to ensure that there are capable people ready so that freedom is able to be protected. These people put themselves in the hands of the people through the government, in order to ensure that there is less of a chance of attack on the citizens of this country and its allies. For those that disagree in the manner in which we are used, I say GET OUT AND VOTE because that’s the only way to ensure our proper use. We are here to be used by you. We are at the mercy of the government. We choose that life. A life of sacrificing an amount of free will and choice to be prepared to defend your safety from internal and external enemies as you perceive them.

One of the things that disgusts me most in today’s society, both at home and abroad, is apathy. It’s why I hate non-medical obesity. Laziness is what’s killing our country. The one thing that cannot be said about military people (at large -there are exceptions to be sure) is that they aren’t taking part in their community. On some level, every military member has said that the American people are more important than they are- or at least that they are willing to give their life to ensure yours. These people are to be commended for the fact that they stand up to say they still care. And care enough to kill and die for an ideal and a people that they will allow to dislike, or love them as each individual sees fit. Say what you want about the administration and the soldiers; but damnit- respect the fact that marines and soldiers still care enough about our people, our ideals, and our country to do SOMETHING for this society, even if you don’t agree with it.

In today’s world the military men and women know the risks they’re taking by putting on their uniform every day. New recruits are also aware of the dangers they will face down the road. There is no running from a deployment to the desert if U.S. Navy, Army, Marine Corps, or Air Force is on your shirt. Despite all that, there are people left in this country who say they will serve, if only to ensure that there is somebody capable of protecting us. That deserves respect and thanks.

I’ve been to Walter Reed Medical Center and Bethesda Medical Center. I’ve seen the soldiers without limbs. I’ve seen families torn apart by constant deployment and separation. I’ve seen the joy in a child’s eyes when the Americans come in to protect them from bad people. And that’s why it is all given.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
–George Orwell

-B
[/quote]

Excellent post!

Thank you for your service.

[quote]TornadoTommy wrote:
Excellent post! Ignore the remarks by liberals who’d rather bend over than fight for our country. [/quote]

excuse me while I piss myself…

An e-mail that I received in a string:

BEGIN E_MAIL

Daughter of a Soldier

Last week
I was in Atlanta , Georgia attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest act’s of patriotism I have ever seen.

Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camo’s, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering. When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me. I’m not alone. I’m not the only red blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.

Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fea r or reprisal. Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and
women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said “hi,” the little girl then she asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her. The young soldier, he didn’t look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter’s name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up. When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie. They started playing
with the device and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, “I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you.” He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying “your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon.”

The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire event unfolded. As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, their were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in one last act of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his
cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it’s good to be an American.

END E_MAIL

I just saw off my cousin to Iraq for his 4th tour. It’s hard to deal, but he believes in what he is doing and I’m proud to see it.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
PGJ wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:

Chinadoll, thank you for your kind words and support.

So I am an asshole because I think that our administration is fucked up? Because sending soldiers to die is a good idea right? Fighting for what purpose? Oh yeah, because Iraq was such a huge threat. [/quote]

No, you are an asshole for hijacking this thread like an obnoxious punk-ass kid with your stupid comments.

Blondeguy~

Words can’t truly express the deep gratitude myself and so many others feel.

Thank you sooooo much for your service to our country and for your service to each and every American. Each and every soldier whom has volunteered to serve our country, especially during times of war, I and many others consider Heroes.

And your post-- how eloquently said. Keep posting, so many of us love to hear from our soldiers. I have nothing but admiration for you and the others there. We’re immensely proud!!!

God Bless…

c:)

[quote]blondeguy wrote:

–George Orwell

-B
[/quote]

Now only if we could get as posts like this as often as we get “I’m lookin to chisel myself.”

Thanks China.