America Becoming A Police State?

[quote]Dijon wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Dijon wrote:
Tangent: Don’t forget who RT is funded by. Just like any other network they’ll only show what meets their agenda.

Edited for clarity.[/quote]

Who funds RT[/quote]

The Russian government.[/quote]

Oh No!

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
the leader of the free world has more people in prison than any other nation[/quote]

Funny, I thought incarcerating criminals was the responsibility of the judiciary as opposed to the President. Sounds more like a ‘police state’ if you say the President locks them up though right?[/quote]

I am not sure if you are equating this to Obama locking up people , I would think even if you were a very pro civil liberties person , you would still have to crack heads of your underlings to make sure they represented your policies.

We have never had a President , that ran on a platform of civil liberties. I personally think it is high time :)[/quote]

I know it must be tough over there. I mean you can’t even dance inside the Jefferson memorial. It must be like living in Nazi Germany only with liberals, minorities and elections and stuff.[/quote]

I assume ,you are being sarcastic , it is hard to tell, there are so many people incapable of rational thought .

Going on the assumption that you are , I would agree , it is no real loss of major liberty, but what was the point. of arresting those people , as I recall we have the right to PEACEFUL
assembly. I am not sure , but I guess these people are trying to inform you and I that we have cops at this memorial that do not grasp the concept of public service , there is a fine line to good police service and being and being LORD POLICE[/quote]

The law’s the law. Not only did they break it but they broke it with the intention of being arrested then resisted arrest so they could make the cops look bad and whinge about alleged infringements of their liberties. The right to peaceful assembly is not a ticket to be an arsehole. You can’t hold a peaceful assembly inside a fire station, in an ER room, inside a nuclear facility or any other number of places that have restrictions on public access. This is not a breach of peoples’ rights it’s common sense.

Someone made the decision that those who enter the Jefferson memorial have to maintain a reverential atmosphere. Whether you agree with this decision or not is neither here nor there. It’s law, it’s not a breach of anything and cops will rightly arrest you if you break that law.[/quote]

So if someone would have tackled Rosa Parks and ground her face into the floor everything would have been allright?

How tedious this always is…

Tasering students, beating grandma, breaking into grandpa’s house and shooting him for allegedly selling weed (oops - wrong house)…

YES - it’s not that they’re lining you up to go into reeducation camps. Far from it.
But it’s going clearly in the wrong direction.

As for all the obvious Nazi comparisons:
Does anybody think that NS sympathizers were the grand majority?
And even when shit really started to hit the fan, the vast numbers of sheep always could rationalize or justify things legally.
The sheep backing the police drones are the real backbone of any opressive regime.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

And even when shit really started to hit the fan, the vast numbers of sheep always could rationalize or justify things legally.
The sheep backing the police drones are the real backbone of any opressive regime.
[/quote]

No…and I completely agree.

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:
We get what we deserve. Maybe the idiiots in this country will wake up one day.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I doubt that people will wake up until it’s too late. It infuriates me when certain laws are passed and people just say “Well I have nothing to hide” or “Well it’s for our safety”. It will take an extreme situation (hyperinflation or martial law for example) to get people’s asses out of their complacency and actually speak out.[/quote]

Man I am with you 100%.

Off topic but something I find interesting…

Has gov. gotten so advanced that a change is impossible? We talk all the time on here about Americans waking up and standing up to the slow police state being implemented, but I am afraid that a well armed militia doesn’t stand much of a chance now days. Not saying we need a revolt, but what if the time comes where we do? We aren’t talking muskets and cannonballs here, more like Tanks and Aircraft at the minimum. (Before I get called a loon, I am not calling for a revolt. I just find the topic thought provoking.) Could the American Revolution have happened in today’s world? [/quote]

No. I believe part of the reason is that we are being lulled into a complacent silence by lives full of near constant entertainment. Diversion is the order of the day. I can’t throw a rock at my work without hitting ten guys who go home every night to a wife, and no kids to log in to Star Craft 2 or WOW for hours on end, or watch TV, or troll the internet etc. They are generally oblivious to this kind of discourse, and generally appear catatonic, or half asleep.

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:
We get what we deserve. Maybe the idiiots in this country will wake up one day.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I doubt that people will wake up until it’s too late. It infuriates me when certain laws are passed and people just say “Well I have nothing to hide” or “Well it’s for our safety”. It will take an extreme situation (hyperinflation or martial law for example) to get people’s asses out of their complacency and actually speak out.[/quote]

Man I am with you 100%.

Has gov. gotten so advanced that a change is impossible? We talk all the time on here about Americans waking up and standing up to the slow police state being implemented, but I am afraid that a well armed militia doesn’t stand much of a chance now days. Not saying we need a revolt, but what if the time comes where we do? We aren’t talking muskets and cannonballs here, more like Tanks and Aircraft at the minimun. (Before I get called a loon, I am not calling for a revolt. I just find the topic thought provoking.) Could the American Revolution have happened in today’s world? [/quote]

I think in many ways it is easier than it ever was.

Those tanks and airplanes need maintenance, soldiers need to be paid and fed and even that would not garantuee that they would be willing to shoot at American citizens.

The US army is weaker than it looks, because all those high tech gadgets can and have been offset by very low tech means and I think if there is one think the military has thoroughly demonstrated in the last decade is how completely incompetent they are when it comes to holding hostile territory adn quelling rebellions.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

Man I am with you 100%.

Has gov. gotten so advanced that a change is impossible? We talk all the time on here about Americans waking up and standing up to the slow police state being implemented, but I am afraid that a well armed militia doesn’t stand much of a chance now days. Not saying we need a revolt, but what if the time comes where we do? We aren’t talking muskets and cannonballs here, more like Tanks and Aircraft at the minimun. (Before I get called a loon, I am not calling for a revolt. I just find the topic thought provoking.) Could the American Revolution have happened in today’s world? [/quote]

I think in many ways it is easier than it ever was.

Those tanks and airplanes need maintenance, soldiers need to be paid and fed and even that would not garantuee that they would be willing to shoot at American citizens.

The US army is weaker than it looks, because all those high tech gadgets can and have been offset by very low tech means and I think if there is one think the military has thoroughly demonstrated in the last decade is how completely incompetent they are when it comes to holding hostile territory adn quelling rebellions.

[/quote]

True on all accounts. It just seems that we are advancing technology and weapons to the point of no return. With these advancements it takes less and less soldiers to do their bidding since the weapons are so much powerful. I dunno. Unmanned Drones are scary to me. I fee like there is a group of mother fuckers out there with Stewie from Family Guy mentatlity.

This is all I need to know about our Government. During WW2 many scientists thought that dropping the atomic bomb could possibly end all human life worldwide. Granted it was a theory that ended up not happening, but we still dropped the mother fucker. How in the hell can you risk that shit. “Yeah, Yeah I know your nerdy ass said it may kill everything, but we’re gonna go ahead and give it a shot!” Are you kidding me!

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
the leader of the free world has more people in prison than any other nation[/quote]

Funny, I thought incarcerating criminals was the responsibility of the judiciary as opposed to the President. Sounds more like a ‘police state’ if you say the President locks them up though right?[/quote]

I am not sure if you are equating this to Obama locking up people , I would think even if you were a very pro civil liberties person , you would still have to crack heads of your underlings to make sure they represented your policies.

We have never had a President , that ran on a platform of civil liberties. I personally think it is high time :)[/quote]

I know it must be tough over there. I mean you can’t even dance inside the Jefferson memorial. It must be like living in Nazi Germany only with liberals, minorities and elections and stuff.[/quote]

I assume ,you are being sarcastic , it is hard to tell, there are so many people incapable of rational thought .

Going on the assumption that you are , I would agree , it is no real loss of major liberty, but what was the point. of arresting those people , as I recall we have the right to PEACEFUL
assembly. I am not sure , but I guess these people are trying to inform you and I that we have cops at this memorial that do not grasp the concept of public service , there is a fine line to good police service and being and being LORD POLICE[/quote]

The law’s the law. Not only did they break it but they broke it with the intention of being arrested then resisted arrest so they could make the cops look bad and whinge about alleged infringements of their liberties. The right to peaceful assembly is not a ticket to be an arsehole. You can’t hold a peaceful assembly inside a fire station, in an ER room, inside a nuclear facility or any other number of places that have restrictions on public access. This is not a breach of peoples’ rights it’s common sense.

Someone made the decision that those who enter the Jefferson memorial have to maintain a reverential atmosphere. Whether you agree with this decision or not is neither here nor there. It’s law, it’s not a breach of anything and cops will rightly arrest you if you break that law.[/quote]

So if someone would have tackled Rosa Parks and ground her face into the floor everything would have been allright?[/quote]

Did Rosa Parks go inside a fire station, an ER room, a nuclear facility or the Jefferson memorial, start dancing like an idiot then resist arrest while her friends filmed it? No. She was drawing attention to a law that ACTUALLY breaches peoples’ civil liberties and she did it without a load of provocative bullshit and not only did she not resist arrest, she cooperated with the Police in every way.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

So if someone would have tackled Rosa Parks and ground her face into the floor everything would have been allright?[/quote]

Did Rosa Parks go inside a fire station, an ER room, a nuclear facility or the Jefferson memorial, start dancing like an idiot then resist arrest while her friends filmed it? No. She was drawing attention to a law that ACTUALLY breaches peoples’ civil liberties and she did it without a load of provocative bullshit and not only did she not resist arrest, she cooperated with the Police in every way.[/quote]

So the law is the law unless you think it isnt?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
How tedious this always is…

Tasering students, beating grandma, breaking into grandpa’s house and shooting him for allegedly selling weed (oops - wrong house)…

YES - it’s not that they’re lining you up to go into reeducation camps. Far from it.
But it’s going clearly in the wrong direction.

As for all the obvious Nazi comparisons:
[/quote]

It’s not often that I agree with Schwarzfurherstein but I do here. How ‘bout that, Schwarzy, ol’ buddy, ol’ pal? Are we chummy now or what?[/quote]

You know I love you and your frisky penis!
How could I not respect a man who got the cojones to show the only god he truly believes in a constant middle finger in form of a busy erection.

Fuck you I’m gonna check out that hell of yours!

I don’t know if I had the nerves to do what you do, sir.

@dk44 & Orion
It’s an interesting question.
In theory, a police state is way more powerful then a few generations ago.
Certain regimes like in North Korea can probably profit from technology to suppress just about everything - all kinds of development, media, trade etc - far more effectivly and empower a nice elite with new newest fancy shit.
However, some arabic countries right now show us how it can be done. [ie you know, revolution and stuff]

That doesn’t mean the west can easily be compared to Korea or Tunesia.
Most european countries, for instance, have A LOT to lose and our regimes aren’t completely incompetent cleptocracies that mostly run on oil and bs religion.

[quote]orion wrote:

So the law is the law unless you think it isnt?[/quote]

Comprehension difficulties? How do you get that from what I said? There’s no contradiction, it’s perfectly simple: the law is the law. Break it you get arrested. Sometimes the law should be broken but don’t expect to be molly coddled if you decide to resist arrest. Especially when the law you’re breaking isn’t unreasonable by any standard and you’re being a provocative arsehole and trying to get some Police officers you’ve never seen before in trouble by video taping it.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

So the law is the law unless you think it isnt?[/quote]

Comprehension difficulties? How do you get that from what I said? There’s no contradiction, it’s perfectly simple: the law is the law. Break it you get arrested. Sometimes the law should be broken but don’t expect to be molly coddled if you decide to resist arrest. Especially when the law you’re breaking isn’t unreasonable by any standard and you’re being a provocative arsehole and trying to get some Police officers you’ve never seen before in trouble by video taping it.
[/quote]

That is not quite the issue, the issue is whether the police has to slam entirely peaceful protesters into the ground.

Every time they do that, they are most likely in the wrong if history is any guide.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
That is not quite the issue, the issue is whether the police has to slam entirely peaceful protesters into the ground.

[/quote]

Hmmmm. As I recall, it was ONE officer slamming ONE protester who was ignoring his instructions and heading for the door.

But your version is definitely more dramatic. [/quote]

Yeah, I know, he is the rare exception.