America Bashing

You are in same camp as the bigots that bash someone because of the country they are from, with those that think an American is as corrupt as his/her government.

“Americans rule. We run shit…”

Which “Americans” would you be referring to sir? Those lower income victims of governmental (read systematic) indifference in New Orleans? Or those in Harlem who relied on intervention from Venezuela to provide its winter heating oil needs? The ever increasing population that is falling from middle class to lower class with virtually no voice in Federal politics?

“…and whoever doesn’t want to be down with us is forced to do what we say.” Can you provide an example?

“Everybody watches our tv shows, and listens to our music.” Im sure those that attack your embassies and office buildings wear Levis and drank Coke. Your point is?

Since this is in Off Topic, I shall act accordingly:

America…FUCK YEAH!!!

Lick my ass and suck on my ba-aalls!

America…FUCK YEAH!!!

“We’re dicks! We’re reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don’t like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn’t appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves… because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don’t know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don’t let us fuck this asshole, we’re going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!”

[quote]ZedLeppelin wrote:
America used to be a fantastic country. The reason why you get so much criticism is because you have decayed so much so quickly, but are too arrogant to admit it.

I’m sure I’d have no issue with most US citizens, but the country you are responsible for is a joke.

If you want something to be proud of:
Don’t attack other countries, killing your own men and civilians, over oil;
Fix your education system;
Fix your industries (all your major ones are failing)
Export something to the world which isn’t trash;
Don’t be fat;
Don’t be arrogant if you are ignorant;
Don’t get into a debt so massive you’ll never repay it.

I’m sure this is going to upset a lot of people, and I realize these points won’t apply to most of the people that read this.

Its pretty hard to deny your country is screwed up.[/quote]

A rebuttal:

1. Every country attacks another country, this is called war. I assure you, we’re not the only ones in history who have done so. Whatever motive is irrelevant, war is never justifiable.

2. I grant you that one, my friend. Our educational system is piss-poor at best.

3. I also agree.

4. We export money. More money to more countries than every other country combined. Can your country boast that? No, because we also probably give yours lump sums of cash in some diplomatic method or another.

5. I agree again, the lot of us here in the U.S. are
    slovenly bastards.

6. That is a human attribute, it would be foolish to say that arrogance within ignorance is predominantly an American characteristic.

7. This goes back to No. 4; aid and exporting of jobs. I suppose we could pay off most of the national debt if we made job exportation/economic globalization illegal, stopped providing financial aid, and collected the debt (as well as stopped forgiving it) of all the countries that owe us.

But where would that leave the world? Desolate poverty, is where.

The world hates us because they deplore the fact that America is the lifeline of the world. Not one country discourages their youth to learn English. We export culture across every inch of the globe, even countries who detest us wear our trademark clothing and listen to our music.

And last, but by far not least, people hate America because we have enough military power to evaporate every centimeter of their countries 10 times over, and there’s little that could be done about it.

Do you speak German? If not,t hank an American.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
ZedLeppelin wrote:
America used to be a fantastic country. The reason why you get so much criticism is because you have decayed so much so quickly, but are too arrogant to admit it.

I’m sure I’d have no issue with most US citizens, but the country you are responsible for is a joke.

Don’t be fat;

I’m sure this is going to upset a lot of people, and I realize these points won’t apply to most of the people that read this.

Its pretty hard to deny your country is screwed up.

A rebuttal:

1. Every country attacks another country, this is called war. I assure you, we’re not the only ones in history who have done so. Whatever motive is irrelevant, war is never justifiable.

2. I grant you that one, my friend. Our educational system is piss-poor at best.

3. I also agree.

4. We export money. More money to more countries than every other country combined. Can your country boast that? No, because we also probably give yours lump sums of cash in some diplomatic method or another.

slovenly bastards.

6. That is a human attribute, it would be foolish to say that arrogance within ignorance is predominantly an American characteristic.

7. This goes back to No. 4; aid and exporting of jobs. I suppose we could pay off most of the national debt if we made job exportation/economic globalization illegal, stopped providing financial aid, and collected the debt (as well as stopped forgiving it) of all the countries that owe us.

The world hates us because they deplore the fact that America is the lifeline of the world. Not one country discourages their youth to learn English. We export culture across every inch of the globe, even countries who detest us wear our trademark clothing and listen to our music.

And last, but by far not least, people hate America because we have enough military power to evaporate every centimeter of their countries 10 times over, and there’s little that could be done about it.

[/quote]

All very true.

Personally, I don’t care what the average people in other countries think of the USA. Whenever I’m abroad or anywhere, I try to treat people with decency and show respect, except for the French, hahahaha.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

1. That is a human attribute, it would be foolish to say that arrogance within ignorance is predominantly an American characteristic.

[/quote]

I think what rubs people up the wrong way with regards to this one, is that cuturally Americans are very individualistic and opinionated, and generally like to draw attention to themselves more than most. It’s the having a stong opinion, even if it is ignorant and arrogant, and shouting it from the roof tops, so to speak, that gets people.

[quote]AdamC wrote:
I think what rubs people up the wrong way with regards to this one, is that cuturally Americans are very individualistic and opinionated, and generally like to draw attention to themselves more than most. It’s the having a stong opinion, even if it is ignorant and arrogant, and shouting it from the roof tops, so to speak, that gets people.[/quote]

Nah. Opinions don’t get people riled up enough to throw eggs at US embassies and burn American flags because of some “strong opinion”.

Here’s what might:

• Overthrowing democratically elected government.
  • Backing up dictatorships (that includes installing, financing, arming, etc…)
  • Not abiding by international law and blatant double-standards.
  • Vetoing every UN resolution critical of the state of Israel.
  • The general indifference of the average American to the foreign policy of his/her government (though it’s changing slowly but surely).

Having a strong opinion is no sin. Dropping bombs on innocent people’s heads is.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
ZedLeppelin wrote:

Don’t be fat;

Its pretty hard to deny your country is screwed up.

A rebuttal:

3. I also agree.

slovenly bastards.

[/quote]

1. Piss-poor? Odd that people come from all over the world to study here then… I want our educational system to always be improving, but piss-poor is an exageration

2. Says the man typing on his most-likely Windows or Mac computer. Some industry is failing, but it’s being replaced by higher tech industries, the economy is always in flux

3. Not sure what we export that is crap, unless you hate the cars, awesome, then don’t buy them. America exports culture, and the world eats that shit up. And we certainly were one of the driving forces behind the internet. And millions of other things…

America bashing reeks of insecurity to me, as does being freakishly over-patriotic. America does plenty of awesome stuff…which doesn’t diminish how rad your country is. And legitimate criticism of our policies need to be listened to, because that’s how we adapt and continue doing new, kick-ass things instead of stagnating

…from the 1976 movie ‘Network’:

Howard Beale: I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV’s while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’ Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot - I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad.

[quote]ZedLeppelin wrote:

[/quote]

I am confused. If America invaded Iraq over oil, why is America going broke financing the war in Iraq. Why doesn’t America just take enough of Iraq’s oil to pay for the war; and for that matter why doesn’t America just take all of Iraq’s oil and pay off their national debt, if purpose of the war in Iraq was to take Iraq’s oil?

[quote]Scotacus wrote:
You are in same camp as the bigots that bash someone because of the country they are from, with those that think an American is as corrupt as his/her government.

“Americans rule. We run shit…”

Which “Americans” would you be referring to sir? Those lower income victims of governmental (read systematic) indifference in New Orleans? Or those in Harlem who relied on intervention from Venezuela to provide its winter heating oil needs? The ever increasing population that is falling from middle class to lower class with virtually no voice in Federal politics?

“…and whoever doesn’t want to be down with us is forced to do what we say.” Can you provide an example?

“Everybody watches our tv shows, and listens to our music.” Im sure those that attack your embassies and office buildings wear Levis and drank Coke. Your point is?[/quote]

Are you mad because we invented basketball?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Are you mad because we invented basketball?[/quote]

You didn’t. It was the Canadians.

The only reason people bash America is because they are jealous…

This is a FACT, as in we just went over this in my student intervention workshop…

If the entire world was broken down into a village of 100 people, with all ratios being the same it would look like this…(these are a couple i can remember off the top of my head)

1 out of the 100 would have a college degree…and that person would be an american
5 out of the 100 would hold all the villages wealth, all 5 would be americans

there were many more, but those were the ones that really stuck out for me…

[quote]lixy wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

You didn’t. It was the Canadians.[/quote]

Exactly and we still take credit for it, because we run shit.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

You didn’t. It was the Canadians.

Exactly and we still take credit for it, because we run shit. [/quote]

lol

…suppose i am an america basher. You can see where i live; what do you [in general] think i could be jealous of? Which freedoms do you have, and i don’t [for instance]? I’m genuinely curious as to what your thoughts are on this…

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…suppose i am an america basher. You can see where i live; what do you [in general] think i could be jealous of? Which freedoms do you have, and i don’t [for instance]? I’m genuinely curious as to what your thoughts are on this…[/quote]

I asked the same thing, you won`t get an answer.

It does not matter either because if you disagree with their current government (like 70% of the American people) you are either jealous of and/or hate their freedoms.

So far I have concluded that some of them have more internet balls than brains but this is still part of my ongoing researches…

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
Manchester United and Chelsea are not football teams; they’re soccer. …[/quote]

You’re wrong. FOOT-BALL. Look at the word. You kick the ball with your foot.

What you call football should be named “Pick up the ball and carry it around untill you drop it”. I know, that’s a bit long. Still no reason to call it football though.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

1. We export money. More money to more countries than every other country combined. Can your country boast that? No, because we also probably give yours lump sums of cash in some diplomatic method or another.

[/quote]

No you don’t. Ignorance and arrogance again.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

You didn’t. It was the Canadians.[/quote]

It was A Canadian, who was teaching in Massachusetts and was asked by Americans to come up with a game. So Americans were still the first people to play basketball.

/b-ball nazi-ism

I think this video sums up America’s opinion of SOCCER quite nicely.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Higher Game wrote:
Manchester United and Chelsea are not football teams; they’re soccer. …

You’re wrong. FOOT-BALL. Look at the word. You kick the ball with your foot.

What you call football should be named “Pick up the ball and carry it around untill you drop it”. I know, that’s a bit long. Still no reason to call it football though.

[/quote]