Ambidextrous Pitcher

Pretty cool.

That glove is sick.

I wonder why there aren’t more “switch pitchers”. Switch hitting is fairly common - and I would figure hitting to have as many mechanical points to it as pitching.

back when I was a kid, there was a catcher on another team who was left-handed, but caught with a right-handed mitt. Looked freaky. He went pro, but I’ll be damned if I can remember his name.

Yeah, I thought the glove was cool. You’d think that that talent would be a commodity, but developing both sides to a pro-level, like this guy seems to be doing must be pretty rare.

I’m pseudo-ambidextrous. I can throw both hands (obviously not to his level), but competently and about even. I throw mostly left handed, but I bowl/throw frisbee right handed. I write right, but eat left. I bat and play hockey left, but I fly-fish right and play tennis right.

I caught (as in catcher) left handed, and that’s really no fun.

I’m surprised I haven’t heard about more people with this ability, too. I remember reading about a kid in little league throwing consecutive shutouts back to back; one right handed, followed by one left handed. For all I know, it may have been this guy.