Amazing PWO Meal for Bulkers

its 350 cals, 48 grams of sugar and 26g of protein, almost the same as surge, i got this idea from waterburys book huge ina hurry /shrug

as for te meal after i never said turkey, it was just meat, but i get the wanting more insulin, just duno how to get it really, grains fuck my intestines uppretty bad, gas bloating constipated, its a bad deal that why i usually throw some fruit or something in there like more raisins or other high sugar stuff, dates prunes or dried figs (taste like fig newtons) the veges and super food i tak just for overall health really.

would u mind PMing me to talk about this waylanderxx? i don’t want to hijack this thread with a discussion about my eating habits and it wont let me PM you.

That’s quite a bit of fat, that’s going to be slowing down how fast you absorb carbs by quite a bit, which means you will have a much smaller insulin spike. Might want to try to change that up if you can.

I’d say aim for 5g or less of fat PWO for optimal results.

Yes this is nitpicky, but it also works the best. Just something to think about.[/quote]

So you’re saying cutting out some or all of the eggs would help me out?

[quote]GVkid wrote:
So you’re saying cutting out some or all of the eggs would help me out?[/quote]

Honestly I would go back to the drawing board except for the sweet potatoes. Those are a really good carb choice. Sausage is loaded with fat, and while eggs are awesome I wouldn’t make them my choice for immediate PWO. I’d recommend just using lean meat like chicken or turkey and you could always just use the egg whites, even though I hate telling someone to not eat the yolk.

This is why protein shakes just make everything so much easier lol.

Today after I trained back, I had 1lb of potatoes and 1lb of beef.

Then I had to go back to the gym straight after to put all the weights away…

came home again then had a 50g prot/60g carb shake, 2 yogurts, 12oz potatoes and 12oz turkey

Now i can’t really move…

I still have 2 protein shakes with 1tbsp peanut butter in each, and another 12oz turkey to eat before I can go to bed.

how many grams of protein do u eat on a regular training day goodfellow?

I don’t know the #'s offhand, but when I’m not dieting, I buy tons of the canned Turkey CHile from Trader Joes. Sprinkle some shredded cheese and diced onions in there, and you’re all set :slight_smile:

S

Your supposed to avoid eating fats PWO because it will blunt the insulin response from your SURGE or whatever else your taking that spikes insulin after working out. That insulin spike is important and alot of you are f’ing it up.

5 min after workout Surge
35 mins after Surge either potatoes/shake or a bagel and a shake… Rest 2 hours than a big meal with fat included.

So in my hour window after working out I’m taking about…
120G Carbs and 60G protein =720 calories.

I have a double serving of Surge and a double Metabolic Drive shake. After about 15 minutes when my stomach has calmed down, I eat a large bowl of chili.

Chili
4 lbs lean beef
a garlic head
6-10 onions (depending on mood)
3 peppers
3+ jalapenos
a few cans of stewed tomatoes and some tomato paste

What if you are unable to really afford the protein for another few months though? Thats why I’m trying to get a lot of carbs right after (unfortunately I have almost no fast digesting carbs around the house except for a whole grain bread… and only meat/eggs/cottage cheese/yogurt for protein)

Oh and some walnuts and peanut butter but I’m pretty sure there is too much fat in them.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Chicken burrito and chips and guac from chipotle.

A lot of calories.[/quote]

1. Chipotle Chicken Burrito - With rice, pinto beans, cheese, chicken, sour cream, and salsa, you get 1,040 calories and 16-1/2 grams of saturated fat - the same as three Subway Steak and Cheese 6-inch Subs.

Plus the burrito comes with 2,500 milligrams of sodium! Ordering it without cheese or sour cream cuts the saturated fat to 3-1/2 grams, but you still end up with 810 calories and 2,300 milligrams of sodium. Ay Caramba!

^^ Top 10 worse food choices some article on yahoo right now. LOL!

[quote]GVkid wrote:

That’s quite a bit of fat, that’s going to be slowing down how fast you absorb carbs by quite a bit, which means you will have a much smaller insulin spike. Might want to try to change that up if you can.

I’d say aim for 5g or less of fat PWO for optimal results.

Yes this is nitpicky, but it also works the best. Just something to think about.

So you’re saying cutting out some or all of the eggs would help me out?[/quote]

Use egg whites and eat all the carbs you can and when you get some money buy whey protein.

Good deal. Thanks.

[quote]acelement wrote:
1 serving Dr Johns Chili (from gourmet nutrition)
1 8oz sweet potato

its 800 calories of lean protein, vegetables, carbs and awesome.

share your PWO meals, or try it and let me know what you think…I could have this every day of my life!
[/quote]

chili + cheese + potato + rice + chilis + more ~ 800 calories is a snack ~

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I don’t know the #'s offhand, but when I’m not dieting, I buy tons of the canned Turkey CHile from Trader Joes. Sprinkle some shredded cheese and diced onions in there, and you’re all set :slight_smile:

S
[/quote]

man if only many of the newbies could understand how simple it is ~ toss in some rice and you have an even higher density in calories.

1lbs of ribeye steak
3 scoops grow + whole banana + blueberries + nesquick strawberry
small bowl of homemade chili (ground chuck 80% lean, kidney and black beans, whole tomatoes)

it goes down rather easily after a good workout

simple.
1 pound steak or chicken depending on mood.
half gallon whole milk
few pieces of random fruit just whatever I have around at the time
usually gala apples or some oranges sometimes a couple glasses orange juice
I drink alot though besides the steak I like to have alot of liquids but cant handle a shake its just too thick and sweet for me pwo

[quote]pstruhar7786 wrote:
how many grams of protein do u eat on a regular training day goodfellow?[/quote]

No idea, but the protein sources usually look like this:

6 eggs, 3 servings of protein powder (24g per serving), 12oz chicken, 12oz turkey, 12oz beef, Recovery shake PWO

Plus residual protein from oats/potatoes & peanut butter.

I know i’m probably over doing it but, I exploded to my current weight in a 7-8 weeks with very little fat gain. Now I’m gaining very slowy/maintaining and I seem to be getting leaner. Strength gains are flying through the roof also.

I’m hesistant to change anything in my diet right now due to all of this, but i’ve been told by a couple guys bigger than me to drop my protein slightly & increase other food sources…

next time I’m at trader joes I’ll give the chili a shot. I’m not a big chili fan, but I could use some variety

500g Mince beef, 1 can chopped tomatoes, 100g mixed beans, 125g brown rice, 1 orange. usually mix paprika, cayenne pepper powder and black pepper in there too

is that chili actually good for you? i LOVE chili, and i love to make it…mainly because store-bought chili is usually just SO BAD for you…btu this TJ turkey chili sounds enticing…but is it cheap?