Amazing PWO Meal for Bulkers

1 serving Dr Johns Chili (from gourmet nutrition)
1 8oz sweet potato

its 800 calories of lean protein, vegetables, carbs and awesome.

share your PWO meals, or try it and let me know what you think…I could have this every day of my life!

for me lately it’s been:

2 Pulled BBQ Chicken sandwiches on white rolls
with an apple and 10oz 2% milk
890 calories :smiley:

I hear good things about the chili, but I loaned my GN book to someone and they haven’t returned it yet :frowning:

I’m going to be switching soon to “Physique Cookies” (pre-made), milk and a piece of fruit. Will be slightly less calories, but I’ll make them up elsewhere :smiley:

Katsudon and Melon Pan with Butter

1500 calories of tastiness. Definetly not clean though.

1/2lb 8% fat/lean beef
taco seasoning
3 ww tortillas
3/4 c. 2% mexican cheese
salsa

brown meat, add seasoning

steam tortillas in microwave

add meat, cheese, salsa, wrap them up

put them on a cookie sheet wrapped in foil

bake 400 degrees for 5 mins

approx 900 cals

My own student-budget chilli with wholegrain rice:

Makes 5 servings.
800g beef steak mince
2 tins tesco value chopped tomatoes
1 tin tesco value red kidney beans
Salt and tabasco to taste
2tbsp olive oil
400g wholegrain rice

Each of the 5 servings:
Calories(g) 724.1896
Protein(g) 41.792
Fat(g) 27.0184
Carbs(g) 71.552
Fiber(g)6.912
Cost(£)0.97216

Heat oil in pan, brown beef, add tomatoes, kidney beans, salt and tabasco, cover and simmer on medium heat for an hour… adding water if it gets too dry.

Cook up the wholegrain rice (making sure to wash thoroughly)… mix into chilli and divide up into 5 servings and whack in fridge once cooled.

4 mins in microwave, stirring once after 2 mins.

Bit bland… but cheap as hell and definatly fills a gap!

ALthough it seems smaller then everyone elses meals here… could always make it in just 4 portions:
Servings 4
Calories 905.237
Protein 52.24
Fat 33.773
Carbs 89.44
Fiber 8.64
Cost 1.2152

[quote]gabex wrote:
1/2lb 8% fat/lean beef
taco seasoning
3 ww tortillas
3/4 c. 2% mexican cheese
salsa

approx 900 cals[/quote]

haha I eat the same thing! But I use Mrs. Dash Spicy Southwest instead of taco seasoning as I do not like the salt content.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
My own student-budget chilli with wholegrain rice:

Makes 5 servings.
800g beef steak mince
2 tins tesco value chopped tomatoes
1 tin tesco value red kidney beans
Salt and tabasco to taste
2tbsp olive oil
400g wholegrain rice

Each of the 5 servings:
Calories(g) 724.1896
Protein(g) 41.792
Fat(g) 27.0184
Carbs(g) 71.552
Fiber(g)6.912
Cost(£)0.97216

Heat oil in pan, brown beef, add tomatoes, kidney beans, salt and tabasco, cover and simmer on medium heat for an hour… adding water if it gets too dry.

Cook up the wholegrain rice (making sure to wash thoroughly)… mix into chilli and divide up into 5 servings and whack in fridge once cooled.

4 mins in microwave, stirring once after 2 mins.

Bit bland… but cheap as hell and definatly fills a gap!

ALthough it seems smaller then everyone elses meals here… could always make it in just 4 portions:
Servings 4
Calories 905.237
Protein 52.24
Fat 33.773
Carbs 89.44
Fiber 8.64
Cost 1.2152
[/quote]

Hang on that’s freaky … that’s MY meal! Right down to the tesco value chopped tomatos!

are these meals immediately after lifting or the first meal you eat after your PWO shake? i’m curious because im alleric to milk protiens and have been wondering what the best foods are to eat to replace a PWO shake.

Mine is eaten 1 hr after my Surge/Creatine combo

mine is:

1lb meat
10z potatoes.

I’ve been eating a half cup of raisins, a can of tuna some L-Leucine and Superfood as a shake replacement. For the meal after: half pound of meat with 2-4 cups of sauteed veges and berries and some form of nuts, either walnuts pecans, or brazil nuts as a dessert.

A pound of ground turkey, a chicken breast, and some whole grain pasta.

Chicken burrito and chips and guac from chipotle.

A lot of calories.

[quote]pstruhar7786 wrote:
I’ve been eating a half cup of raisins, a can of tuna some L-Leucine and Superfood as a shake replacement. For the meal after: half pound of meat with 2-4 cups of sauteed veges and berries and some form of nuts, either walnuts pecans, or brazil nuts as a dessert.[/quote]

You expect to grow off this?

Possibly one of the worst immediate post workout meals and after PWO meals I’ve seen.

CHANGE IT!

Whatever the cafeteria has! Yah baby!

whats wrong with it? the raisin/tuna/leucine combo is pretty close to Surge in terms of sugar protein and leucine content, duno what else to do without protein shakes. what would u do for the meal after, more carbohydrates?

I prefer morning workouts so mine is kind of a spin off of JB’s sweet potato hashbrowns

I spray the bottom of the pan with olive oil cooking spray, throw in about 2 - 2.5 cups of chopped sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup onion, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, a link of spicy italian turkey sausage, salt, pepper, and chili powder. when they are browned, I toss maybe a tablespoon of water in the pan, crack 3-4 eggs in it and put a lid on it so the eggs can cook.

No idea what the breakdown of it is though.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
gabex wrote:
1/2lb 8% fat/lean beef
taco seasoning
3 ww tortillas
3/4 c. 2% mexican cheese
salsa

approx 900 cals

haha I eat the same thing! But I use Mrs. Dash Spicy Southwest instead of taco seasoning as I do not like the salt content.[/quote]

is that a new comp pic in your avatar? what are you lifting there? details on your progress, i need details!

[quote]pstruhar7786 wrote:
whats wrong with it? the raisin/tuna/leucine combo is pretty close to Surge in terms of sugar protein and leucine content, duno what else to do without protein shakes. what would u do for the meal after, more carbohydrates?[/quote]

Well…it looks like your meal immediately following post workout is like 250 calories? Or close to that? That’s nearly nothing, and why superfood? That’s just basically veggies, no insulin spike there.

And for the meal after, the turkey is good, but why veggies? You should still be looking for a nice insulin spike in this meal as well.

I’d go with a cup or more of white rice along with the turkey. Maybe pasta or something else. You shouldn’t really be eating “clean” in these two meals. You should be pigging out. Unless you are dieting of course.

[quote]GVkid wrote:
I prefer morning workouts so mine is kind of a spin off of JB’s sweet potato hashbrowns

I spray the bottom of the pan with olive oil cooking spray, throw in about 2 - 2.5 cups of chopped sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup onion, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, a link of spicy italian turkey sausage, salt, pepper, and chili powder. when they are browned, I toss maybe a tablespoon of water in the pan, crack 3-4 eggs in it and put a lid on it so the eggs can cook.

No idea what the breakdown of it is though.[/quote]

That’s quite a bit of fat, that’s going to be slowing down how fast you absorb carbs by quite a bit, which means you will have a much smaller insulin spike. Might want to try to change that up if you can.

I’d say aim for 5g or less of fat PWO for optimal results.

Yes this is nitpicky, but it also works the best. Just something to think about.