Amazing Leg Pump!

I use to do this sprint training program on a treadmill back in my high school days to train for track. I figured since I hate boring plain old cardiovascular work I’d try her out again.

Walk at a 10 incline at 3.5 - 4.0 mph for 20 mins (warm up stage).

Then crank it up to 10 mph at a 10-15 degree incline and do 10 sets of 15-20 second interval sprints.

So basically you would sprint hard for 15-20 seconds and jump off onto the sides and rest for 30 seconds and jump back onto it again and repeat till you hit 10 sets.

Tell me if this is not the best leg pump you have ever had!

Good Luck!

PPP

I think this sounds like a good way to fall off the treadmill.

Figures I would get some numbskull with a stupid reply like that!

I gotta agree with RIT Jared on that one. Jumping on to a treadmill already running at 10 mph with a 3% incline is not the sanest idea. I used to do something similar to this. Instead of jumping of though, I would just jog or walk for a minute. And yes it does give a good pump and is an excellent fat burner as well.

[quote]PPP wrote:
Figures I would get some numbskull with a stupid reply like that![/quote]

You’re right- I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about. My apologies.

While we’re at it, how about we do this workout:

A1. Accelerate your car to 10-15 mph.
A2. Jump out the sunroof into a full sprint.

Feel the burn!

The fact of the matter is that the acceleration is one of the most beneficial parts of sprinting. When you jump onto an already moving treadmill, you totally negate that.

RIT Jared

Yeah I’h have to say a jog/sprint or walk/sprint method would probably work best on a treadmill.
I would like to see someone jump onto a treadmill going 10 miles per hour at an incline.
I didn’t think it was possible.

Instead of time intervals I like to run quarter miles at ten miles an hour separated by tenth of a mile walks at 3.4 mphs both done at 0 incline. I usually shoot for a total of four sprints. Definately much more challenging than straight running or jogging.

What separates the difference between a jog and run anyway? At what speed does a jog become a run? I always tell people I am going for a run and they always say how far? I say 1.5-2 miles (straight through) and they always act suprised and say do you mean a jog?

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:

A1. Accelerate your car to 10-15 mph.
A2. Jump out the sunroof into a full sprint.
[/quote]

hahahahahahahahaha

[quote]Tom_H wrote:
What separates the difference between a jog and run anyway?[/quote]

Your anaerobic threshold. If you can carry on a conversation, it’s a jog. If you don’t have enough breath to talk, it’s a run.

My two cents, anyway.