T Nation

Amazing Cartwheel KO

Words cannot do this justice…just watch.

WOW. The sound of that kick hitting was awesome. I would have never of thought that capoeria was even possible in MMA. Just goes to show you that some MA are not just all flash and no bang.

wow

"I dont know but I think kicking is pussy like. anybody agree? I just like to punch, feels better "

That was the first post under that vid

Didn’t notice that. I don’t read Youtube comments for exactly that reason.

fuck it… i’m trying it.

[quote]riverhawk23 wrote:
WOW. The sound of that kick hitting was awesome. I would have never of thought that capoeria was even possible in MMA. Just goes to show you that some MA are not just all flash and no bang.[/quote]

Either that or the other guy was a huge amateur.

Well to be fair, it proably just caught the guy off guard. No one trains to defend that kind of stuff, and he was pretty much bamboozeled.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
fuck it… i’m trying it.[/quote]

Ha! Let me know how that goes.

It’s like a move Sakuraba would pull.

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
Well to be fair, it proably just caught the guy off guard. No one trains to defend that kind of stuff, and he was pretty much bamboozeled.[/quote]

That kid really did not know what to do about what his opponent was doing. That is one of the reasons why there are some systems that are so different from what you would ordinarily see. The learning curve of figuring out what to do might give your opponent enough time to take you out.

The kid who got took out made the bad mistake of stepping backwards on the first spinning kick then compounded it by staying there with his guard low. He should have moved forward at an angle in the time between the first kick and the second with is guard covering his head.

Another mistake he made is letting the other guy have enough room to get airborne and go whirling dervish. He should have crowded and jammed him even if it meant eating a shot to get in there.

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
fuck it… i’m trying it.

Ha! Let me know how that goes.

It’s like a move Sakuraba would pull.[/quote]

I’m thinking more like Genki Sudo :slight_smile:

(my idol)

two words.

HOLY SHIT

that dude is a real life Eddy Gordo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0KfQE2-ZqA&feature=related

Better video, same thing. A lot of fighters would take that stuff lightly and not see it coming.

hilarious: after the win, his posse comes tumbling into the ring, too!

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
hilarious: after the win, his posse comes tumbling into the ring, too![/quote]

LOL.

Cool video!

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0KfQE2-ZqA&feature=related

Better video, same thing. A lot of fighters would take that stuff lightly and not see it coming. [/quote]

You just had to one-up me, didn’t you?

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
he was pretty much bamboozeled.[/quote]

This quote + epic knock out = WIN!!

knock out was amazing, but capoeira is not a formidable art…more flash than substance imo.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
WOW. The sound of that kick hitting was awesome. I would have never of thought that capoeria was even possible in MMA. Just goes to show you that some MA are not just all flash and no bang.

Either that or the other guy was a huge amateur.[/quote]

shut

up

dave