T Nation

AM & PM Workouts for Lean Gains?

Is it better to do AM + PM workouts for making lean gains since you will be stimulating your muscles so frequently?

What have people experienced?

lean gains come down to what you’re eating and how many calories you’re getting

& how much your letting your body recover

In my experience staying relatively lean while gaining muscle comes from keeping up with cardio on your off days, and eating a healthy diet (avoiding sugar and trans fats, eating plenty of vegetables, not combining excessive amounts of fats and carbohydrates, etc…)

But I think the real question here is, why are you asking this?
Are your goals the same as they were in the other thread you made, ‘Big Scheme Progression’?

If so I’d hazard a guess that you didn’t really take the advice given to you in that thread.

when you wake up is when your T levels are at its best, hence thats the best time to workout.

hope that helps.

[quote]juicy wrote:
when you wake up is when your T levels are at its best, hence thats the best time to workout.

hope that helps.[/quote]

that does not constitute it as the best time to w/o. It depends on the person. Although T levels are higher in the morning it does not mean you’ll gain much from training at that time. For instance if I w/o the night before, my elevated T-levels in the moring could help my recovery process which is essential for maximum gains. It all depends on the way you look at it. Personal Preference.

Thanks. I was just wondering about splitting up workouts into am + pm. My last program was super high volume and had 2 pm workouts per week and 4 am ones. I don’t really like pm workouts much though.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
that does not constitute it as the best time to w/o. It depends on the person. Although T levels are higher in the morning it does not mean you’ll gain much from training at that time. For instance if I w/o the night before, my elevated T-levels in the moring could help my recovery process which is essential for maximum gains. It all depends on the way you look at it. Personal Preference.[/quote]

good point, never looked at it that way. ive read otherwise tho, (mens health, which is bullshit magazine when it comes to working out) but i definatly have to agree with you now that i think about it.