Am I Wrong to Feel Superior....

[quote]brainfreez wrote:
ummm, please excuse the ignorant Canadian question, but what on earth does belonging to a fraternity have to do with strength? You guys are always knocking these frat boys. . . wasn’t Prof X in a frat?[/quote]

It’s just a joke, mostly. There’s a stereotype, with some amount of truth, that frat boys train incorrectly while at the same time having a chip on their shoulder and feeling superior.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
tveddy wrote:
oboffill wrote:
As a fraternity gentleman, I must say that our abilities in the squat rack far surpass anything you can muster.

When will you GDI’s learn?

Assuming that your first remark was facetious, are you saying that he shouldn’t compare his weightlifting to an Abercrombie wearing lifter, or that frat boys just usually think they are better than everybody else reguardless of what they squat?

I was just kidding man. It was a rediculous response to a rediculous thread. [/quote]

Yeah, I actually thought it was funny. I was just being an ass.

I think any man…especially a T-man will always have some sort of competetive edge to them. Who here doesn’t take note of what some people lift? I do and if they can lift more than me then good for them…it gives me something to strive for…Now as for feeling superior…that’s just another story.

My apologies for being a big pussy and even starting this thread and wasting any of your time.

[quote]Jason B wrote:
My apologies for being a big pussy and even starting this thread and wasting any of your time.[/quote]

you’re welcome

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

That video was just weird…

Made me wonder though if we will ever see the day were a bodybuilder is portrayed in the media as a regular guy with a hobby instead of a narcissistic retard.

[quote]SirPhisticated wrote:

Made me wonder though if we will ever see the day were a bodybuilder is portrayed in the media as a regular guy with a hobby instead of a narcissistic retard.[/quote]

I thought it was GREAT. “My fingers are too titanically muscular!”

[quote]SirPhisticated wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Made me wonder though if we will ever see the day were a bodybuilder is portrayed in the media as a regular guy with a hobby instead of a narcissistic retard.[/quote]

I am actually surprised that they chose to portray them like that. That was like a 30 year step backward. It explains why people think there is no way a guy with above average muscle mass could be anything more than a bouncer or a security guard if they aren’t an athlete.

[quote]MrTangerineSpedo wrote:
SirPhisticated wrote:

Made me wonder though if we will ever see the day were a bodybuilder is portrayed in the media as a regular guy with a hobby instead of a narcissistic retard.

I thought it was GREAT. “My fingers are too titanically muscular!”[/quote]

Some of it was funny. What sucks is that the general public won’t view it as some guys just poking fun at themselves. They actually believe stereotypes like that.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
if anythin, you should feel inferior, being part of the bodybuilding culture, which is associated with drug abuse and prostution[/quote]

This was stupid.

[/quote]

Overall positive score, pretty funny.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Overall positive score, pretty funny.[/quote]

“We can always be huge-er…and shinier.”

Kliplemet wrote:
if anythin, you should feel inferior, being part of the bodybuilding culture, which is associated with drug abuse and prostution

This was stupid. [/quote]

mega bump*

“We can always be huge-er…and shinier.”[/quote]

Quote of the year.

I’m pretty sure alot of us around here pride ourselves on the choices of exercises we do as opposed to the general public, but thinking of yourself as superior is ridiculous. Being so vain to think of yourself that highly in my book puts you just as low as they are for being egotistical.

Go to the gym to work out, not to judge your own popularity contest.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
if anythin, you should feel inferior, being part of the bodybuilding culture, which is associated with drug abuse and prostution[/quote]

Two of my favorite things…