T Nation

Am I Wrong to Feel Superior....

…to the frat boy punks in the squat rack next me who are about 185 pounds and squatting barely more than me while only going 1/3 of the way down while I go ATG and they look at me like they think they are kicking my ass and way stronger than I am even though I am way bigger?

you should stop caring what they’re thinking…I know that it’s hard as sometimes people will even stare you down, but they’re just pricks…go about your workout and stay on the path to getting huge…and I suppose that yes, you can feel superior :slight_smile:

Yes.
For all you know one of them might be the Einstein.

Just stop hating and ignore everyone else.

how do you know what they were “thinking” ? and more important, why does is matter anyway ? it doesn’t sound like you feel superior. you sound like a chick.

[quote]Jason B wrote:
…to the frat boy punks in the squat rack next me who are about 185 pounds and squatting barely more than me while only going 1/3 of the way down while I go ATG and they look at me like they think they are kicking my ass and way stronger than I am even though I am way bigger? [/quote]

I leave for 2 months and right away another…
“I lift more weight–with perfect form and yet am getting stared down by 185lb frat boys.” bs post.

This post and its prattle assures me you have no need to feel superior. So yes, you are wrong.

Fuck that, feel superior, Jason B

WE ARE GODS!

Jesus christ, Jason B, everyone knows the bottom part of the squat up to the quarter squat position is the easiest part.

He’s way more hardcore than you for doing the hardest part of the squat.

I could give a flying fuck what anyone at the gym think of me and what I think of them is irrelevant.

You should only feel superior if you’re overhead pressing more than they’re 1/3 squatting. Anything less and you’re a pussy.

FUCK’EM

[quote]Jason B wrote:
…to the frat boy punks in the squat rack next me who are about 185 pounds and squatting barely more than me while only going 1/3 of the way down while I go ATG and they look at me like they think they are kicking my ass and way stronger than I am even though I am way bigger? [/quote]

What? you can’t squat more than a frat guy. What a pussy. HEY EVERYBODY, FRAT BOYS ARE STRONGER THAN THIS GUY.

As a fraternity gentleman, I must say that our abilities in the squat rack far surpass anything you can muster.

When will you GDI’s learn?

Watch out for the “frat boys” that i’ve seen who probably military press what you squat…

[quote]oboffill wrote:
As a fraternity gentleman, I must say that our abilities in the squat rack far surpass anything you can muster.

When will you GDI’s learn?[/quote]

Assuming that your first remark was facetious, are you saying that he shouldn’t compare his weightlifting to an Abercrombie wearing lifter, or that frat boys just usually think they are better than everybody else reguardless of what they squat?

ummm, please excuse the ignorant Canadian question, but what on earth does belonging to a fraternity have to do with strength? You guys are always knocking these frat boys. . . wasn’t Prof X in a frat?

185lbs is now derogatory?

some recievers and corners in the nfl are 185lbs

i know it isnt jacked, but it isnt waifish

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
185lbs is now derogatory?

some recievers and corners in the nfl are 185lbs

i know it isnt jacked, but it isnt waifish[/quote]

Depends on height. At 6’, 185# is quite skinny.

[quote]brainfreez wrote:
ummm, please excuse the ignorant Canadian question, but what on earth does belonging to a fraternity have to do with strength? You guys are always knocking these frat boys. . . wasn’t Prof X in a frat?[/quote]

I haven’t even responded to this thread. I think the entire premise is stupid. I don’t go around looking at other people lift just so I can see if I’m better than them. Especially lately, I generally don’t have too many people lifting what I do regardless so it is a nonissue. This sounds like some newbie shit where two equally weak fuckers start eyeing each other down in the gym. All we need is a western backdrop and some tumbleweed and maybe they can shoot each other and let the rest of us get back to lifting. Everyone doesn’t squat ass to grass. I don’t because my knees are fucked up. Is the original poster now superior to me? Doubtful. The only time I give a shit what anyone else is doing is if they are a true newbie and seem to be asking for help or if they are irritating me in some way…like fools who spend an entire hour speaking loudly about random bullshit while sitting on equipment instead of actually lifting. Then again, grown men sitting on HS machines only pressing one 10lbs plate on each side piss me off too. I generally just hate pussy motherfuckers.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
oboffill wrote:
As a fraternity gentleman, I must say that our abilities in the squat rack far surpass anything you can muster.

When will you GDI’s learn?

Assuming that your first remark was facetious, are you saying that he shouldn’t compare his weightlifting to an Abercrombie wearing lifter, or that frat boys just usually think they are better than everybody else reguardless of what they squat?[/quote]

I was just kidding man. It was a rediculous response to a rediculous thread.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
oboffill wrote:
As a fraternity gentleman, I must say that our abilities in the squat rack far surpass anything you can muster.

When will you GDI’s learn?

Assuming that your first remark was facetious, are you saying that he shouldn’t compare his weightlifting to an Abercrombie wearing lifter, or that frat boys just usually think they are better than everybody else reguardless of what they squat?[/quote]

Hey! I don’t wear Abercrombie…