Am I Under Eating for Fat Loss?

I’m currently lifting at least 5 days per week and doing the following.

Everyday → Snatch technique/mobility work, not intensive
Clean to max triple/double/single

M> BS to max single 3x3 at 70% paused
Box Jump 3x5
GHR 3x10
Hanging Leg Raise 3x10

T> FS to max single
BP to 5/3/2 rep max
Incline Bench 3x10
Weighted Chin Up 3x10
Pulling Movement 3x10
DB Lateral Raise 3x10
Rear Delt Flyes 3x10
DB Curls 3x10
Tricep Pulldowns 3x10
EZ Bar Curls 3x10

W FS to max single 3x3 at 70% paused
same assistance as Monday

T BS to max single
OHP to 5/3/2 rep max
same assistance as Tuesday with BTN press instead of incline bench

F FS to max single 3x3 at 70% paused
Snatch Grip Deadlift to 5/3/2 rep max
Conventional Deadlift 1x5/3/2
Same Assistance as Monday

I’m 6’ 189 somewhere between 11-13% BF

I’m eating 2k calories on off days and 2400 calories lifting days. I want to lose about 5 more pounds of fat. Am I under eating?

I don’t know how intense this lifting is, but most TDEE calculators are showing me at 3k per day and I’m averaging about 2300 I believe.

Pic related is me for a bodyfat estimate

You are certainly undereating for body composition results, and strength results.

So what should I up my calories to? 2500 average per week

Why would you max out on cleans everyday on a fat loss program, let alone maxing them out everyday?!

[quote]outlaws wrote:
Why would you max out on cleans everyday on a fat loss program, let alone maxing them out everyday?![/quote]

1. They’re fun
  2. I vary the position I do them from so it’s less CNS intensive
  3. It’s a daily max. One day might be 250, the next might be 225. As soon as I miss I drop the weight or move on.
  4. Why the hell not? I’ve PRed on BS, FS, and Clean all at about 20lbs+ lighter than when I hit my old PRs.
  1. How long have you been running a caloric deficit?
  2. How much weight have you lost?
  3. Think back 1, 2, 4 and 8 weeks ago. At those time points, what did you weigh, and how many cals/d were you averaging?
  4. How scrupulous are you in weighing/measuring your food?
  5. How often do you refeed/have a cheat meal?

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:

1. How long have you been running a caloric deficit?

About 9 weeks now.
2) How much weight have you lost?

Roughly 13 pounds.

1. Think back 1, 2, 4 and 8 weeks ago. At those time points, what did you weigh, and how many cals/d were you averaging?

2300-2400~ the entire time.

1. How scrupulous are you in weighing/measuring your food?

I only eat food that I can measure and record.

1. How often do you refeed/have a cheat meal?

I’ve had maybe 8-10 the entire time. I don’t have cheat meals. I have planned days of increased calorie intake.

[/quote]

You’ve lost well under 10% of your BW, and have only been dieting 9 weeks. Both of these facts suggest to me you haven’t yet run into significant metabolic slowdown. Further, you’re averaging just over 1#/week weight loss–a reasonable pace. If you’re still losing weight, I would say stick with it–you’ll hit your goal of another 5# loss in ~4 weeks.

If weight loss has slowed, cut cals a bit (or add a little cardio) to get the needle moving again. At this point, I don’t think an increase in cals would do the trick.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
You’ve lost well under 10% of your BW, and have only been dieting 9 weeks. Both of these facts suggest to me you haven’t yet run into significant metabolic slowdown. Further, you’re averaging just over 1#/week weight loss–a reasonable pace. If you’re still losing weight, I would say stick with it–you’ll hit your goal of another 5# loss in ~4 weeks. If weight loss has slowed, cut cals a bit (or add a little cardio) to get the needle moving again. At this point, I don’t think an increase in cals would do the trick.[/quote]

I’ve increased time spent weightlifting from 3-4 times per week to 5-6 times. That should have the same impact as cardio hopefully.

The thing I’ve noticed the most over the last 2 weeks is greatly increased vascularity in legs and stomach.