T Nation

Am I Too Young for First Cycle?

Hey there, I've been researching steroids for months now considering whether to take them or not. Firstly, I'm about to turn 20 years old. Personally, I believe I've reached my current genetic potential from the last 5 years of dedicated workout and diet. I've progressed greatly over this time but I've undoubtedly plateaued in my gain.

Where I get lost is, although AAS would provide great gains, would it be worth possibly messing up my levels at such a young age? For background information, I just got sustanon 250 along with proper pct the other day and I plan on running this for 8 weeks @ 500 mg a week, EOD injections.

If ran correctly, is this practical at my age, or should I keep plucking away doing it the natural way? Feel free to flame me, I've read many forums on this site and respect the helpful feedback the members tend to give.

What are your stats? What makes you think you have reached your potential? There may still be problems with diet/training that could be fixed to improve your gains. You are young to start, but I did (for medical reasons) so I guess I have no room to judge.

If you can make great gains without, then you don't need it.

What are your stats? What makes you think you have reached your potential? There may still be problems with diet/training that could be fixed to improve your gains. You are young to start, but I did (for medical reasons) so I guess I have no room to judge.

If you can make great gains without, then you don't need it.

No. Way. 19 is way too young. And 20 is too young. And 21 is too young. And unless you are near 6 foot and 230 lbs at 7% bf with a full six pack (or 5'8" @ 210+ and 7%), you ain't even close your genetic peak yet. My bet is you aren't even close to that. Honestly I have never seen someone who had been training for the time you have been at your age, and had also reached their genetic limit. You have plenty of growth left. That's the truth, so please don't use genetics as an excuse for your young age.

Medical reasons aside (of course) there's no good reason to start using at your age. I will say that in my personal opinion the acceptable standard for beginning use does lower with advancing age...even as young as 24 or so... but you're not even old enough for your endocrine system to have finished developing. It doesn't finish until between 22-24 years old.You've got to live the rest of your life with that endocrine system! You need to take care of it.

The cycle however is simple, straight-forward and good. Save that for when you are old enough.

At 19-20 years old there is a 0% chance you at your genetic potential.

thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback. I agree that messing with my endocrine system at such a young age is probably a bad idea. I'll hold onto my gear until the day comes when it's more fitting to take it. Hopefully when that time comes my natural gains will have improved and I wont need them.

You are a lot smarter and listen better than most ppl your age. You should post up diet and training in a different forum and get some feedback on improvements you can make.

Just to put things in perspective, I have gained over 80 lbs of muscle and I do not feel that I am at my genetic potential yet. I do not necessarily believe it is a prerequisite to be at genetic limit before using AAS when you are older. But 100% definitely not acceptable at your age. You only get one body.

"Crappy genetics" just means that your body won't respond positively to anything you throw at it indefinitely. At some point you need to learn what types of training and nutrition work for your body as opposed to the stuff that works for some other guy with different needs or some hypothetical average lifter in a magazine.

yes to young