[quote]dt79 wrote:
It’s the pineal gland!

dude you have the best fuckin taste in movies

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
It’s the pineal gland!

dude you have the best fuckin taste in movies[/quote]

Thanks! So do you!

I do that dumb shit, too. That’s why my left eye is way lower than it should be and I have brain damage.

I also have an unholy love for baby ruths… I think it’s cuz of the brain damage…

But my tris are uberpumped, bro, so fuck it. Sure I could have done close-grips, but those are for those eggheads that think too much…

I laughed so hard that my girlfriend asked me what was so funny.

After telling her, she looked at me seriously and said “you may laugh but somewhere out there a mum may be very concerned about her son.”

OP, if you’re serious, I doubt there’s anything valuable you could damage.

Don’t mind me, I am just going to work my glutes for a minute.

Then going to go work on my jump shot, after some MACdonalds.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
I do that dumb shit, too. That’s why my left eye is way lower than it should be and I have brain damage.

I also have an unholy love for baby ruths… I think it’s cuz of the brain damage…

But my tris are uberpumped, bro, so fuck it. Sure I could have done close-grips, but those are for those eggheads that think too much…[/quote]

LOL!

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

But my tris are uberpumped, bro, so fuck it. Sure I could have done close-grips, but those are for those eggheads that think too much…[/quote]

When I want to get even more tricep work in addition to my close grip work I throw in a couple sets of skull crushers.
I have found a significantly better carryover to my benchpress from doing heavy sets of 4 reps compared to when I used to do 10 reps (but even then I used to strike my skull).

I probably could stop the bar if I really wanted, but it would probably hurt my elbows (rather have a forehead lump than fuckered up elbows).
I generally use good form, but I also believe that if your top set can be done with perfect form then you are really holding yourself back.
I believe in using significantly heavier weights than most and with slightly looser form.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

After telling her, she looked at me seriously and said “you may laugh but somewhere out there a mum may be very concerned about her son.” [/quote]

Oh, but you see it is really ok.
You can tell your girlfriend that my mother and I have joked about said lump together.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
It’s the pineal gland!

dude you have the best fuckin taste in movies[/quote]

Thanks! So do you![/quote]

I read the book.

Yeah, I’m that guy.

Well, it’s a short story. I read that. Lovecraft is wonderful.

[quote]Andy.Now wrote:
I have found a significantly better carryover to my benchpress from doing heavy sets of 4 reps compared to when I used to do 10 reps (but even then I used to strike my skull).

I probably could stop the bar if I really wanted, but it would probably hurt my elbows (rather have a forehead lump than fuckered up elbows).
I generally use good form, but I also believe that if your top set can be done with perfect form then you are really holding yourself back.
[/quote]

Have you considered doing these?

I am pretty sure you are the only rhinoceratops here, that’s not a very bright thing to do I am afraid.

Can I ask you what weight do you use? I do heavy 3 reps skullcrushers set and I don’t hit my head.

[quote]Andy.Now wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

When I want to get even more tricep work in addition to my close grip work I throw in a couple sets of skull crushers.

I believe in using significantly heavier weights than most and with slightly looser form.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

After telling her, she looked at me seriously and said “you may laugh but somewhere out there a mum may be very concerned about her son.” [/quote]

Oh, but you see it is really ok.
You can tell your girlfriend that my mother and I have joked about said lump together.[/quote]

Well I gotta say, you’re taking the internet flaming pretty well. I’m impressed.

I always thought the general idea was not to go very heavy on isolation work. At least until you’re at an advanced level and are enough of a pro to take liberties where you see fit.

I see you’re giving up your forehead to preserve your elbows. Interesting concept…

I still think you could probably find another exercise to replace the heavy skull crushers and be able to go heavy without putting lumps in your head.

You literally make them actual skull crushers.

Could you at least put a pad on the middle of the bar or something? or have a spotter take care of it for you? Maybe do them on a machine or on the pulleys? Try it with dumbells and not need as much weight? You have a lot of possibilities here. Hell, do them in the rack and use the pins instead of your face.

Have you explored all these options? or is your attitude just fuck it?