Am I the only one?

LMMFAO!!! I’m exactly the same!!! I thought I was the only one! “…there’s only 460kgs on this leg press, I’m sure I can budge it…”

I do the same thing, I don’t really think its that uncommon. But does anyone else have this obsession with using dumbells that match in weight? How about loading the same amount of weight on each end of a barbell? Maybe its just me, but I really think this helps me keep focused steady during my workout.

I’m the same way as well…another thing that puts me off is having a split in the mirror when I’m performing presses - you know - when two mirrors meet and it makes you look all wacked out. It would be interesting to have a psychological profile done on all of us - I think that we’d end up being more similar than we think…

yes, i always sqaure the bench with the ceiling, it just feels right

I’ve always done this. There are benches that I absolutely will NOT use because they are bolted to the floor, and not straight. I suddenly feel much better about my OCD!

Not only do I square the bar visually with the ceiling grid, but I also have to have the damn plates facing inwards. Wanna freak out the more anal types in your gym? Let them work in and load the bar label side out. Get’s 'em every time.

Later, 'dogs.

I was lioke that when I was younger. Everything had to be just perfect. As i got a little older, I’ve learned to just " lift the friggin weights as someone suggested. Try it for a little variety. When I competed, things weren’t always just so. Sometimes you just had to just go for it. It might be a fear of failure if everything has to be perfect.

Pertaining to the mirror splits - I can’t even have half of my arm in the split. Drives me nuts. That’s all I’d focus on.

me too!

I square the bench, plates the same size, color, numers in. then I’m much less distracted. perhaps its mental, perhaps I’m mental but it works for me.