Am I the Luckiest Weightlifter?

Okay for the past 10 weeks I have been gaining weight, not just weight, muscle. I weighed 175lbs before I started what I would call a clean bulk. I now weigh 194lbs and I look better than I did before, I can now see upper abs and before to see my abs I would have to suck in what little gut I had.

I have a theory, I had been on such a caloric defecit for about 6 months where I lost about 25lbs but I got a hell of a lot stronger because I started taking creatine, so I think what my body is doing now is growing muscle to “catch up” so to say with my strength.

Is this normal? How long should I expect this to continue? Because I’m really enjoying it =).

how were your lifts back when you started and now?

Well when I started my calorie deficit, I don’t remember but my maxes were but I do remember I could only do 225lbs on bench 6 times, now I can do it 12 times.

I used to do 10x3 squats 200 or so lbs now I do them at 315lbs.

I never used to deadlift until 5 months ago.

thats nowhere near enough progress for 20 pounds of muscle, but still your progress is great for 10 weeks.

Nope. This guy is the luckiest weightlifter.

Look at the smile on that pudgy little face. Can’t beat that, now can you?

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
thats nowhere near enough progress for 20 pounds of muscle, but still your progress is great for 10 weeks.[/quote]

Basis?

[quote]Zagman wrote:
lordstorm88 wrote:
thats nowhere near enough progress for 20 pounds of muscle, but still your progress is great for 10 weeks.

Basis?
[/quote]

Yeah, he gained 115 lbs on squat. Thats seems pretty good improvement for 20 lbs. And his bench: well, maybe some people are not as good of benchers, but still, he is repping more than he weighs, which is pretty good for a beginner.

And the whole squat thing, I was doing “half squats” at like 430lbs 10x3, but now I started to do squats ass to the grass, thats why I’m not sure of my old squat max because I just started going that low.