T Nation

Am I Stuck?

So, I am sure most of you remember my flame war threads in the past, but I have since then gone with my word and worked as I said I would. Eating the same and everything.

I started at 208…I am at 200.4 now.
This is over the course of a few weeks.
However, its been two weeks since I weighed 200.4
It still isn’t dropping below that.

Is this like an anti-plateau…?
How can I move past this.

P.S. All of the nay-sayers from my old thread, I can’t wait to prove you wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

you lost less then 8 pounds. Are we supposed to be proud of you?

What do you think I’m anorexic?
I’ve been lifting hard too.
Couldn’t muscle weight counter-act the scale reading?

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:

[/quote]

Absolutely

The scale alone tells you nothing about your body composition.

Unless your a cardio bunny ignore the mother f’ing scale. Look at your body.

As you progress you have to raise the bar higher for yourself.

k well I’m certainly no cardio bunny. heh.
I am starting to see what I call “the horseshoe muscle” in my shoulders. It feels nice too

so according to you guys, I may not be stuck… but counteracting the scale weight by packing on muscle…?

I’ve been dieting, or more really just eating clean at about 2400 calories a day. Before, ie for about a month I was just doing interval training and I’ve since add weight training. I started at 166 now I’m down to about 160 in the morning but usually the scale spits out about 165, it give a body fat too which has dropped but its not important.

I’m noticeable leaner, although the change has been coming slow. Sometimes I get down on myself, like this isn’t working blah, blah, blah, and want to eat a bunch of crap and watch movies for an evening. Its usually on rest days when I’m sore from training and beat down if I don’t get enough sleep.

If I take some time and really look at some of my before pictures with my current ones I can see a big difference: I no longer have fat hanging over the front of my shorts, its more towards my love handles now, I see more muscles in my back, and can notice at least two distinct cuts in my abs from the side view and my obliques are visible. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and you’ll notice some things. They might not be the most striking changes, but they will be there if you’ve been training and focused like you say.

If not, try adjusting your diet/training volume/sleep/etc.

if you wanna impress the scale… run 4 miles everyday and dont drink water.

if you just wanna look good and feel good, throw that fuckin scale out the window.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
Couldn’t muscle weight counter-act the scale reading?[/quote]

Why the heck don’t people measure what they’re trying to change?

If you’re trying to change body composition by losing fat, then for goodness sake measure your fat.

[quote]andersons wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:

Why the heck don’t people measure what they’re trying to change?

If you’re trying to change body composition by losing fat, then for goodness sake measure your fat.

[/quote]

and at least have before/after pictures.

So did you want to lose weight?
It takes a long time to gain 10lbs of muscle.
It takes a few days to lose a few pounds of shit and water weight.

Did this 8 pound loss occur because you started lifting? Or stopped eating snacks?

Do you look any different? Are you stronger? (a good indicator of muscle gains)

[quote]FightingScott wrote:

Did this 8 pound loss occur because you started lifting? Or stopped eating snacks?

Do you look any different? Are you stronger? (a good indicator of muscle gains)[/quote]

he was on the grapes and sunchips diet.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:

Do you look any different? Are you stronger? (a good indicator of muscle gains)[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been working towards losing weight.
I weighed in at 200.1 today w/ shit w/ water weight.
I weighed 208 not a few weeks ago in the same situation.

I know this is consistent because I never took the big “swings” of loss as an indication, I’ve been more realistic about it. I truly have lost this much weight in fat.

This 8 lbs came off when I started eating properly and lifting / doing cardio 4 times a week, with activity on the weekends.
I look and feel way better.

I look different, yes, noticeably. I am MUCH stronger (I have gone up in rep weight on most things by 10-30 lbs depending on which it is.

Zephead is a stubborn, angsty teenager, who can’t accept someone else seeing success that he doubted to begin with. He doesn’t know anything about me and he doesn’t know much about anything at all. So I would prefer if everyone ignored his troll posts, and continued this pattern of positive influence you’ve brought me so far.
(In this thread at least)

P.S. How good are cliff bars for you? I was given a box of them for free (Friends with a UPS driver who delivers for them)

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:

P.S. How good are cliff bars for you? I was given a box of them for free (Friends with a UPS driver who delivers for them)[/quote]

Not very. Protein? yes. But accompanied by a TON of sugar and carbs. Avoid if you can.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
P.S. All of the nay-sayers from my old thread, I can’t wait to prove you wrong :P[/quote]

I hope you took some before pics! And every person on this site likes to see others achieve goals. Keep in mind that everyone that tried to help you before want to help you get to your goals faster.

You chose to ignore some advice, and that’s okay. Sometimes you have to figure shit out on your own. But don’t be an arrogant prick about it. We’ve all been there: you’re not special.

Good luck with everything. Keep us posted.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
P.S. How good are cliff bars for you? I was given a box of them for free (Friends with a UPS driver who delivers for them)[/quote]

Cliff Bars are good. But as a rule of thumb it’s not polite to discuss products like energy drinks, supplements, and protein bars on a free forum paid for by Biotest.
And on that note, the Metabolic Drive Bars you can buy on this site are better than Cliff Bars. I doubt you’ll ever see them in the grocery store, but if you do get them instead. They taste amazing.

Cookie Dough Metabolic Drive Bars taste like a candy bar to me.

yes candy ~ I concur.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

he was on the grapes and sunchips diet.[/quote]

haha, is this like an evil cousin of the V-Diet?