Am I Still a Man?

Trib, you got a problem with this?

really?

you suure?

[quote]Easter Lizard wrote:
I apologize for such a dramatic title to this post, but the members of T-Nation have been instrumental in persuading me to have my blood work performed and I received my results today.

Firstly, I am a 44 year-old male who has recently began training for the first time in years. The same day as my blood work, I had my doctor calculate my body fat percentage. The numbers are as follows:

Height: 6’4"
Weight: 206lbs

Total Body Fat: 22.1%
Body Mass Index: 25

Triglycerides: 399
PSA: 2.4

Total Testosterone: 322
Free Testosterone: 67.2

I am very, very concerned about my testosterone numbers. It “appears” that not only am I not producing testosterone at an average rate, but little of what I do create performs its appropriate function. Am I viewing this in the right way?

Actually, from my research, these numbers are consistent with my lack of significant gains in the gym, lethargy, irritability, and low sex drive.

The day after my test, I began taking Alpha Male and REZ-V and I hope when I retake the test in 2 weeks that a change may be observed.

Are my numbers that bad? Is there hope for me without going the HRT route?

I would really appreciate your thoughts.[/quote]

I would be very concerned with you numbers. First of all your Trigs are dangously high. Elevated trigs are an independant risk factor for CHD. You said HDL and LDL where good, but what are the numbers?
Your free-t is a little low but you won’t be concidered hypergandal until is it below 300.

If you deside to take supplements for your low T make sure your getting your PSA level checked often. You not high, but once you hit 4.0 you could be in trouble. TRT has been shown to increase PSA levels. I would get androgel from you doc and let him watch your PSA.