Am I Starting on a Low Dose?

Had been on Test Cyp Im injections for a year and had trouble with my levels 1.5 ml /weekly (300mg) Then I switched to SQ injects twice a week (125 mg) Will get my labs drwn again in 2 weeks. I know how i feel and I don’t have a good feeling that it will be any better. Had a trainer these last few months and I never had the energy that I thought I should have so I learned alot and got so tired. My Thyroid is also low and we have uped that dose. My question is am I starting my T replacement on a low dose

My last T level was 134

That’s a pretty standard dose, I’m on 100mg split twice weekly and am feeling great lately. It’s going to take months before most start to feel better, whenever you’re dealing with hormones it’s never quick and easy like it is when taking medications that gives you an instant high.

Post all lab work with ranges. Thyroid too and other things.

See below to eval thyroid function/status via oral body temperatures.
You had low thyroid hormones from iodine deficiency from not using iodized salt?

TRT will speed up your metabolic rate, if not undermined by thyroid. Thyroid problems can make TRT feel worse than before.

What thyroid meds?

Age, weight, waist size?

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
TSH, fT3, fT4
AST/ALT
prolactin if <35
PSA if >40
CBC
hematocrit

Working out without some carbs in your system will make you weak and make muscles hurt. Start with a whey protein shake 30 minutes prior and be well hydrated.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Thank you. I am scheduling my next lab draw and will ask for the list you stated

Had my labs drwn and willget the sults in a few days. thaks for your help Hope that this problem can be solved Bud

Thank you so much I will just keep at it. Seems that the SQ injections are the trend now Bud