Am I Skinny Fat?

[quote]moofs wrote:
t3/clen/win cycles
Whats that?
I’m 17 btw, so if T3 is some sort of anabolic drug I’m not rly down for that.[/quote]

17! Jesus! I agree, steroids and weight loss drugs are definitely not for you. At least you are young enough to change your ways.

[quote]championrugby wrote:
moofs wrote:

Also, don’t kill yourself after reading what people have/will post. Their going to be brutal.

[/quote]

i posted pics back in may got absolutely destroyed at the end of june started too lose weight and look much better for it, use the insults you get as motivation, i did and am happy with my progress

I’m not being an ass, but you dont look like you no what a gym is plus you look older than my dad! No disrepect.

[quote]sirbin2000 wrote:
SSC wrote:
sirbin2000 wrote:
get like me

Idiot.

I’m the idiot? I don’t post sasquatch-esque pictures and ask about being skinny-fat when he is obviously fat. Chill lol[/quote]

If you don’t have anything to contribute towards the relevant discussion, then why post at all?

IMO you look skinny-fat. Just work hard and you’ll get where you want to be, I was skinny-fat before as well.

not really sure, whether you’re skinny-fat or just fat.

but if your BP,SQ and DL weights are true than you just need to eat clean and eventually everything will turn out quite well.
although i gotta admit, that you look weaker than those number reflect - no offence

so start working on your nutrition!

oh and maybe you should consider, buying a shaver or smth :smiley:

Those numbers aren’t bad, but if you are 220 and been lifting for 2 years they aren’t great either. I agree with what someone else said though. At 17 you will be able to gain muscle and lean out considerably by eating right and training hard. 6 meals a day, will feed your muscles and help your metabolism stay high to burn extra fat.

Obviously learn how to control your nutrient timing there is a lot of info here about how to structure a meal plan. Pick one you think you could follow and do it for 3 months, you will see changes, then it’s just up to you to continue to make good decisions.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Those numbers aren’t bad, but if you are 220 and been lifting for 2 years they aren’t great either. I agree with what someone else said though. At 17 you will be able to gain muscle and lean out considerably by eating right and training hard. 6 meals a day, will feed your muscles and help your metabolism stay high to burn extra fat.

Obviously learn how to control your nutrient timing there is a lot of info here about how to structure a meal plan. Pick one you think you could follow and do it for 3 months, you will see changes, then it’s just up to you to continue to make good decisions.

V[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t understand why everyone thinks those numbers are so great. OP weighs 220 and benches 225. You need to work up to doing hella reps with those weights.

Thanks everyone!

So what do you think I should do?
Try to add mass or cut down?
I think it might be possible like said above for me to lose weight and add mass even if I’m eating more calories. I think I’m just not as active either.

For now Ill give what CW said and focus on the protein and eat cleaner. Do that till new years, then raise the calories.
that or cut.

any other advice or suggestions?
Thanks again.

My honest opinion is, that your just a bit fat. I have similar stats to you, but am 5’11" 190lbs, and about 14-15% fat, and I consider myself skinny-fat.

Your lifts are decent for your height and amount of muscle. I suggest you keep eating clean, lift in the 8-10 rep range, and keep the rest breaks short.

Shoot for 180-190lbs first with minimal muscle loss.

The good news is it should be fairly easy since you have some room for improvement.

[quote]SSC wrote:
sirbin2000 wrote:
SSC wrote:
sirbin2000 wrote:
get like me

Idiot.

I’m the idiot? I don’t post sasquatch-esque pictures and ask about being skinny-fat when he is obviously fat. Chill lol

If you don’t have anything to contribute towards the relevant discussion, then why post at all?[/quote]

I thought it was funny, sirbin2000.

Moofs,

There seems to be a disconnect. If what you say is true, then you’re not technically doing anything wrong.

Can you post your workout routine? Maybe that would give a better indication of why your physique looks the way it does.

17?!?! Are you part fucking gorilla? Who has body hair like that at 17?!

try the anabolic diet or atkins

Wow! I’m going to have to say that it’s pretty unbelievable that you DL 385 and have no biceps, back, or traps to show for it. I’d say you would definitely need to increase your energy expenditure. Limit your carbs to ONLY BREAKFAST and PWO. (assuming you don’t have diabetes). Get the majority of your cals from fat and protein.

I know this may sound backwards but it allows your body to use fat as the primary energy system and gives your body plenty of protein to recover from workouts. Don’t get your fats from just oil tho- try consuming a couple ounces of mixed nuts twice a day with some chicken breast/turkey/or lean beef.

As far as workouts you want to induce a lactic environment in your body. So workouts would consist of total body workouts with bench press, dead lifts, squats, cleans and presses, and pullups in a circuit. Put the all to create a circuit with no rest in between exercises until you finish the last exercise which you will then take 2 minutes rest (keep reps 8-15). Do this for 3 circuits at first then try to increase to four circuits.

Don’t forget some form of cardio. Do these workouts 3 times a week. Also find your energy expenditure (guesstimate by reading John Berardi) and use more calories than you bring in by about 250-500 kcals. Hope this helps.

[quote]moofs wrote:
Thanks everyone!

So what do you think I should do?
Try to add mass or cut down?
I think it might be possible like said above for me to lose weight and add mass even if I’m eating more calories. I think I’m just not as active either.

For now Ill give what CW said and focus on the protein and eat cleaner. Do that till new years, then raise the calories.
that or cut.

any other advice or suggestions?
Thanks again.[/quote]

Please try and expunge the concept of cutting and bulking right now. Neither of them are right for you.

What you need to be doing as others have said is work on cleaning up your diet, eating alot of protein and vegetables, and getting a lot stronger in the gym.

I would listen to what the poster above me has said and consume most of your carbs at breakfast and after your workouts. Also include cardio in your routine and be very religious with it. Low intensity in the morning for 45 minutes done preferably everyday will go a long way towards helping with your bodyfat. Add plenty of protein to the mix along with smart carb timing and providing you are intense with your training and getting stronger you should look a whole lot better in a year.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
17?!?! Are you part fucking gorilla? Who has body hair like that at 17?![/quote]

You better believe it. They don’t call me ‘smokey the bear’ for no reason.

[quote]Hard Hank wrote:
Wow! I’m going to have to say that it’s pretty unbelievable that you DL 385 and have no biceps, back, or traps to show for it. I’d say you would definitely need to increase your energy expenditure. Limit your carbs to ONLY BREAKFAST and PWO. (assuming you don’t have diabetes). Get the majority of your cals from fat and protein.

I know this may sound backwards but it allows your body to use fat as the primary energy system and gives your body plenty of protein to recover from workouts. Don’t get your fats from just oil tho- try consuming a couple ounces of mixed nuts twice a day with some chicken breast/turkey/or lean beef.

As far as workouts you want to induce a lactic environment in your body. So workouts would consist of total body workouts with bench press, dead lifts, squats, cleans and presses, and pullups in a circuit. Put the all to create a circuit with no rest in between exercises until you finish the last exercise which you will then take 2 minutes rest (keep reps 8-15). Do this for 3 circuits at first then try to increase to four circuits.

Don’t forget some form of cardio. Do these workouts 3 times a week. Also find your energy expenditure (guesstimate by reading John Berardi) and use more calories than you bring in by about 250-500 kcals. Hope this helps.[/quote]

I’m afraid we’re going to limit his progress by giving the OP the false impression that a 385 deadlift is a lot. We’ve got girls, pretty little girls I might add, on our team that pull around 275. We’ve got 181’s that pull almost 600 and 165’s that pull over 500.

Eat more, put more weight on the bar.