T Nation

Am I Ready?

I have been training consitantly for about 9 months now. I have only been takeing creatine and protien. Im 5’8"; when I started lifting every day I weighed 129 now I am up to 150.
I want to start a 10 week cycle of test400 and deca. But, Im uncertain what I should take during and after the cycle. Also should I train longer before I start.
Ive been gettin mixed reviews from people that have gone through it, and I am just looking for some better facts.

No.

No, I don?t think so.

Some wild guesses:

Your nutrition is something you never thought about and you can?t cook.

Your training programm is something you picked from your brain and not from this site. You are working out every day? I?m lifting weights 3 times a week and that is all my body can handle after, um, 14 years or so (god I?m getting old). Compound exercises, full body workouts, intensity baby!

Try a moderate Waterbury programm , consider eating part of training and if you don?t know how that works, try Berardis book.

Please do not consider using steroids unless you are close to 200 lbs. I?m sure a lot of people will be willing to help then.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You’ve got to be kidding me. 9 months of training and you feel you’ve somehow maxed your physique? And at only 150 lbs?

how old are you?

[quote]kingatun wrote:
I have been training consitantly for about 9 months now. I have only been takeing creatine and protien. Im 5’8"; when I started lifting every day I weighed 129 now I am up to 150.
I want to start a 10 week cycle of test400 and deca. But, Im uncertain what I should take during and after the cycle. Also should I train longer before I start.
Ive been gettin mixed reviews from people that have gone through it, and I am just looking for some better facts.
[/quote]

9 months and you put on 21 pounds without the roids?!
You don’t need roids, seems like you’re doing fine.

No.

Tube Steak Boogie.

jibba-jabba fool!

[quote]kingatun wrote:
[/quote]

Dude I would not do that cycle. Like you I am 5’8" and I weigh 219 at around 14% BF. I have never been on anything stronger than MAG-10 or 4AD-EC. You would be shocked by the gains you can make with the proper diet and an intense program. As for nutrition there are plenty of great articles right here. I hope this helps.

Agreed. You’re just fine. Don’t shit in your own skillet.

[quote]nanjingldv wrote:
kingatun wrote:

You don’t need roids, seems like you’re doing fine.[/quote]

Hell no!!! 9 months? Get into some heavy lifting first to actully see what you can do.
Say your prayers, take your vitamins and eat like a MF.

[quote]nanjingldv wrote:
kingatun wrote:

You don’t need roids, seems like you’re doing fine.[/quote]

yeah, i second that…if you’re making that progress, there’s no need to cycle. keep training hard and eating right…

also, check out the steroid newbie thread (i swear i say that once a day…)

Think less, lift and eat more.

I always find it funny how almost everyone who takes roids gives the same hypocritical advice…

If you haven’t been training for at least 3,4 or 5 years and don’t know everything think there is to know about roids down to each individual chemical structure and you haven’t maxed out your natural physic then your not ready to take steroids…

funny how i hear that advice all the time and im yet to meet a juicer that had MAXED out his genetic potential… or one that was totaly and absolutly informed about every aspect of juicing before they did their first cycle.

Mate, you have already put on a bit of mass so you must know something about gaining weight. If you have been training HARD and dedicated for 9 months you can learn and acheive more than some can in 5 years. Obviously common sense is involved here in choosing your cycle, which means choose a typical begginer cycle.

I admit that people should make sure that they learn about roids before they take them, but sometimes people make it sound like you need a fucking degree or something.

Or it could be the fact that he is as well informed as a fourth grader on the aspects of steroid use. Nine months? Well hell if all you need is nine months and 21 pounds gained whats the point behind learning a fucking thing regarding nutrition and other training techniques. How about post cycle therapy or for arguments sake lets say his tendons and ligaments haven’t strengthened enough and he ruptures a tendon, he would be layed up longer than he’s even been lifting. No one said you need a “fucking degree”, just a FUCKING CLUE!!

[quote]TimmyC wrote:
I always find it funny how almost everyone who takes roids gives the same hypocritical advice…

If you haven’t been training for at least 3,4 or 5 years and don’t know everything think there is to know about roids down to each individual chemical structure and you haven’t maxed out your natural physic then your not ready to take steroids…

funny how i hear that advice all the time and im yet to meet a juicer that had MAXED out his genetic potential… or one that was totaly and absolutly informed about every aspect of juicing before they did their first cycle.

Mate, you have already put on a bit of mass so you must know something about gaining weight. If you have been training HARD and dedicated for 9 months you can learn and acheive more than some can in 5 years. Obviously common sense is involved here in choosing your cycle, which means choose a typical begginer cycle.

I admit that people should make sure that they learn about roids before they take them, but sometimes people make it sound like you need a fucking degree or something.[/quote]

holy shit buddy you have totally missed the boat.

its not hypocritical advice in the least. its called reality.

remember when you were a teenager and thought you knew it all, about everything in life, and disregarded your parents concerns and advice??!!! only to learn later on in life, when you had matured, that they were only providing the voice of experience, someone who had been there and done that, and cared enough not to want to see you make the same mistakes as they did.

decent analogy? or is it falling on deaf/retarded ears?

If you need to ask, then you probably aren’t ready.

I would (and I do) follow the rule of at least 30 years old and 4-5 years training before you even consider it. I’m 44 and have been progressing well for the last 4 years. I will think about it as I near 50 and if begin to lose my gains. Then I may consider a safe and sane, doctor approved cycle or two. But most important, WHY? If you’re not sure of the answer… WAIT. You can always choose to start later after you determine your natural limitations. If you start this early, you’ll never know what you might have accomplished naturally.

Kudos to nate for the “shit in your own skillett” line.

At 5’8 and 150 pounds i cant imagine you even considering steroids. After only a few months in the game you want to jump the gun? Stick with it for a long time, you will be duely rewarded. Keep eating huge and lifting hard and you will get where you need to be in a short time. Doing it naturally will be more rewarding i would imagine.