Am I Ready for Steroids?

Hi All
I have been into bodybuilding for a few years now but only been training seriously on & off for about 1 year.
I have built up a lot of knowledge over the past few years & I am now starting to put it into practice but I am learning new things about bodybuilding all the time.

I am now interested in starting a course of dbol but I am unsure if I am ready, as I have said I have been training seriously on & off for the past year.

I have been told that I should lay a good foundation before I think about starting so I have posted a picture of how I look just now to see if anyone could tell me if I am ready or how far off I am.

BTW, I was super skinny about a year ago, I am one of those people that can eat as much as I like & don?t put any wait on so making gains are hard for me.

How old are you?

How’s your diet?

Cuz based on the info given…you not read.

DieselD

no. while your progress so far is is commendable, you’ve got a ton of untapped genetic potential.

I am 26 years old.
My diet is something I must pay closer attention to & as I said I am still learning.
I will give a ruff break down of my daily diet. But I don?t always stick to it sometimes I miss the odd meal or dont finish them but as I am getting more serious about it I am going to make sure I do my best to stick to things.

09:00 Bowl of serial such as bran flakes, peace of fruit, pint if water.

12:00 Tuna sandwich (brown bread), protein shake, glass of water.

14:00 small dish of pasta, glass of water, protein shake.

17:00 Salmon fillets, potato wedges, pint of water

20:00 snack (small bowl of serial or toast), glass water

22:00 protein shake

WORKOUT ROUTINE:

MON- chest, bies, back

TUE- shoulders & tries

WED- OFF

THU- chest, bies, back

FRI- shoulders & tries

SAT/SUN- OFF

How do i tap into my genetic potential?

Crank up the cals on that breakfast. You need some protein in there and alot more carbs. Thats probably your most important meal aside from PWO.

Your genetic potential is just what you can achieve naturally. Eat and lift. When the gains slow/stop, eat more and/or change your routine.

Umm, is it just me or is there no mention of legs in that routine?

If you’re not doing squats and deads, you definitely dont need AAS, you need a new routine.

[quote]djbarry06 wrote:

WORKOUT ROUTINE:

MON- chest, bies, back

TUE- shoulders & tries

WED- OFF

THU- chest, bies, back

FRI- shoulders & tries

SAT/SUN- OFF

[/quote]

Massive Eating - parts one and 2
Massive Eating reloaded - parts 1 and 2

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460327

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459431

[quote]djbarry06 wrote:
I am 26 years old.
My diet is something I must pay closer attention to & as I said I am still learning.
I will give a ruff break down of my daily diet. But I don?t always stick to it sometimes I miss the odd meal or dont finish them but as I am getting more serious about it I am going to make sure I do my best to stick to things.

WORKOUT ROUTINE:

MON- chest, bies, back

TUE- shoulders & tries

WED- OFF

THU- chest, bies, back

FRI- shoulders & tries

SAT/SUN- OFF

[/quote]

Do you w/o the lower half of your body? Is their a reason other than “it hurts”?
Phileaux

My man you must start legs/posterior chain work. I can’t stress this enough. After a few months you won’t be able to imagine yourself not squatting and deadlifting. They are the two exercises that allow u to lift the most weight. The most powerful moving part in your body is your hips and right now you are not using them.

Diet i have a hard time advising on, as everyone is different. For me that wouldn’t be enough calories, protein or fat. Throw in an extra steak after working out and 4 eggs at breakfast.

I don’t know much about steroids, I’ve never even seen them before but from what I’ve read from many references you shouldn’t use steroids if many of your goals are in attainable within a year or two of hard training and proper nutrition.

Goodluck on everything

[quote]4est wrote:
Massive Eating - parts one and 2
Massive Eating reloaded - parts 1 and 2

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460327

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459431 [/quote]

Excellent recommendation…especially for someone who says he can’t put on weight.

Excellent info & advice from everyone it’s much appreciated, I am definitely going to have to step up on my eating I have really been lacking in that area. Thanks for the links I will have a good read through them.

I will also be looking at my routine & will add core & legs to my training.
As for the steroids well I will take the knowledge I have been given here & gain a bit more experience, train hard & give it another year then I mite be ready.

You do not eat enough CREAM. Eat 1 litre a day of fresh cream.

What the FuC## is with that routine. Are you in a wheelchair? Dump it and here is your new routine:

monday : squats bench chins
weds : squats overhead press deadlift
fri : squats bench pullups

You can’t workout 4 days a week because you don’t eat enough to support growth and you are not advanced enough.

Buy the book Practical Programming and READ IT ALL.

You don’t need steroids you need a good smack in the head. You don’t know how lucky you are that you don’t get fat easy, now get out there and learn how to use that to your advantage.

You better have a damned good reason why you are not already squatting.

Man, that diet is seriously deficient. You eat 1 piece of fruit a day, no vegetables, no eggs, no red meat. How do you expect to grow on that crap?

[quote]djbarry06 wrote:
Hi All
I have been into bodybuilding for a few years now but only been training seriously on & off for about 1 year.
I have built up a lot of knowledge over the past few years & I am now starting to put it into practice but I am learning new things about bodybuilding all the time.

I am now interested in starting a course of dbol but I am unsure if I am ready, as I have said I have been training seriously on & off for the past year.

I have been told that I should lay a good foundation before I think about starting so I have posted a picture of how I look just now to see if anyone could tell me if I am ready or how far off I am.

BTW, I was super skinny about a year ago, I am one of those people that can eat as much as I like & don?t put any wait on so making gains are hard for me.
[/quote]

Hey man good on you for taking these guys advice. Your upper body seems to be coming along from the picture you posted, but I think you could still make more progress naturally. Like all the above guys mentioned, don’t forget to do legs e.g. squats and deadlifts. You could do a split like this:

Mon - Back, Shoulders, Tris
Tues - Quads, Hams, Calves
Wed - Rest
Thur - Chest, Bis, Abs
Fri - Rest
Sat - Repeat cycle

Yea my training split is something like that. Anyway hope that helped.

C1ipse

[quote]djbarry06 wrote:
I am 26 years old.

WORKOUT ROUTINE:

MON- chest, bies, back

TUE- shoulders & tries

WED- OFF

THU- chest, bies, back

FRI- shoulders & tries

SAT/SUN- OFF

[/quote]

Are squats that scary? I love 'em, well, hate 'em, but they are my enemy! This is another thread where a guy doesn’t do legs. There is a commercial on here in the states, the guy’s UB is jacked, but his legs are skinny as hell. I laugh when I see this, it reminds me of these dudes…

[quote]micromuscle wrote:

Are squats that scary? I love 'em, well, hate 'em, but they are my enemy! This is another thread where a guy doesn’t do legs. There is a commercial on here in the states, the guy’s UB is jacked, but his legs are skinny as hell. I laugh when I see this, it reminds me of these dudes…[/quote]

People who don’t train their legs are idiots with no understanding of anything to do with weightlifting or bodybuilding.

People who don’t train their legs then wonder why they are having trouble making progress then want to take steroids are being stupid.

People who post routines suggesting a workout schedule with no leg work as if that was an OK schedule also have no idea.

What is wrong with you people? can’t you read?

To the original poster, you MUST train your legs heavy with squats to get your body shocked into growth.

And you MUST recover. Because you are a skinny guy who can “eat what they want without getting fat”. You need more time off from training to get a chance to build up. NOT A FOUR DAY A WEEK SCHEDULE.

And you eat like a bird.

You should take all this in a positive way because what I am saying is, a few simple changes and you can make some really great progress. You are doing OK now but you can do a lot better.

Thanks again for all the advice, I have taken it on board & will put it into practice.
As for the last post saying

"People who don’t train their legs are idiots with no understanding of anything to do with weightlifting or bodybuilding.

People who don’t train their legs then wonder why they are having trouble making progress then want to take steroids are being stupid.

People who post routines suggesting a workout schedule with no leg work as if that was an OK schedule also have no idea.

What is wrong with you people? can’t you read"

Was that directed at me personally because you need to remember that I have only been training seriously for about a year on & off so I wouldn?t say I am an idiot just someone whose learning.

I am not looking to take steroids because I am not making progress I would say I am making some progress & the information & advice I have been given on this forum has helped me greatly.

I feel a lot clearer now on what I have to do. I will be back in a year or so with another pic of my progress. :slight_smile:

sorry, but if you havent been training your legs, then you havent been training seriously.

–JB

Check out some of the workout routines on this site by guys like Waterbury and Thib. If you’re using another program, just remember, you need mostly compound exercises. Forget about the leg extensions and concentration curls.

[quote]djbarry06 wrote:

I am not looking to take steroids because I am not making progress I would say I am making some progress & the information & advice I have been given on this forum has helped me greatly.

I feel a lot clearer now on what I have to do. I will be back in a year or so with another pic of my progress. :slight_smile:
[/quote]