Am I Overworking My Lower Body?

i switched it up and what im doing now is squats, bench press, bicep curls, military press 2x a week and also Deadlift, rows, tricep extension, shrugs 2x a week all done in 5x5 with 90 seconds rest between sets. so basically each workout is 2 compound exercises followed by 2 isolation exercises with heavy weights.

so im working out 4x a week and cardio on off days. im trying to go 100 days straight on my diet, im on day 43 now. i have 2000 cal intake on off days and 2300 cal intake on workout days.

Looks good. I’d do triceps on the same day as your presses, and biceps on the same day as your pulls though.

And on your isolation moves, think about 4x8-12 instead of 5x5.

And maybe some isolation moves for your hamstrings, like leg curls or RDLS.

Other than that, you are set. Just stick with it, and make adjustments to your diet to keep progressing.

the further i go on how much will i have to drop calories to keep losing?

the reason i do tri’s on pulls and bi’s on presses is for more of an antagonist split. that way i can get a better workout for my bi’s and tri’s since theyre only doing one exercise instead of one and helping out a body part on a compound one.

what are rdls?

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
the further i go on how much will i have to drop calories to keep losing?

the reason i do tri’s on pulls and bi’s on presses is for more of an antagonist split. [/quote]

As for calories, thats tricky. Eventually your metabolism will slow. You’ll probably get to the point where you should increase calories a bit and maintain or even gain slowly. Something like 2500-3000. Then you have to use some form of cyclical dieting, to go further.

You can then do short term more intense diets <1700 kcals per day that only last 2-4 weeks at a time, or you can use less extreme diets with refeeds and carb loads that last longer 4 weeks - 3 months.

For now though, keep doing what has been working. I wouldn’t go below 2000 calories for much more than 2-3 weeks though. So when that happens, you’ll know its time to try something different.

As for the triceps on pulling days, and biceps on pushing days, here is my take.

1. If you train triceps on a pulling day, they are going to be less recovered the next time you bench press. You may be benching the next day, or two days later, but either way if you triceps AFTER benching on the same day, you will always be as fresh as possible when pressing.

2. You’ll be able to elicit greater fatigue, and possibly greater growth, or retention of muscle by training triceps on the same day as pressing.

3. Super-sets are nice and all, but in a plan like you are on, its not really necessary.

Do what you feel is best here, but just remember that if you do it the way you have proposed you are training your biceps and triceps 4x per week. Pressing movements will tax your triceps, and pulling movements will tax your biceps. In a calorie restricted state, this frequency will likely shrink your arms.

Hope this helps.

well my next weight/measurement day is in 2 days so ill decide then if i have to increase intake.

im actually taking in 1900 calories on off days(5 meals x 380 cal) and the same on workout days plus Surge.

[quote]dankid wrote:
GrayCrane wrote:
If you are doing deadlifts and squats on the same day, then stop doing that.

You can do both on the same day no problem, but it depends on the volume and intensity. But if you are doing legs 4x per week this definately wont work, and you shouldn’t even do just squats or just deadlifts 4x per week.[/quote]

You’re fucking this kid up. Go to the sticky of best of bb and read the logs of the big guys like X, CC, etc. Mindless fucking drivel. About calories, show us your diet. I am guessing you’re not eating enough first off, second your split of squatting twice a week still sucks balls. If I really had to squat twice a week then dead lift twice a week, I would kick myself in the face until I was retarded. Second, I do not think you have the capability (read muscle/CNS) to do this volume with any appreciative weight on the bar.

I will not give you a program, there is plenty of programs 5x5, 5-6 way splits, etc. that are all over the Bodybuilding forum that big guys are using to get big and strong. Pick a program stick with it for a long time, once you get stuck fix shit and do it different until you fix your stick.

At 20% bf (guess on your part), I do not think you need to cut. I think you need to eat (read go to the zoo and try to out eat the lion) and slang fucking iron until you get fucking huge. If you’re on day 41 of your diet, and you have restricted calories (visions of dried toast and peanut butter are popping into my head) this is probably a good time to throw a bunch of stuff in your face and throw a lot of slag around.

Brother