Am I Overtraining?

I’ve gotten good results with similar volume, but I’m switching it up from push/pull to upper/lower.

Lower Body:

Squats 6 reps x 4 sets
Deadlifts 6 reps x 4 sets

Leg extensions 6 x 4
Ham curls 6 x 4

Abs:
A1: Crunches 10reps
A2: Left Oblique Crunches 10reps
A3: Right Oblique Crunches 10reps
Repeat x3

Straight calves (there’s no standing calves at my gym, just a stupid seated straight calf machine): 10 x 3
Seated Calves: 16x3

Low Back Extensions with weight: 8x3

Upper Body:

Bench 6x4
Weighted Wide-grip Pullups 6x4

Cable Flyes: 6x4
Dumbbell Rows to Hip: 6x4

Standing Overhead Press: 6x4

Cable Curls: 6x4
Rope Tricep Pulldown: 6x4

Repeat each workout (with variant exercises) 2x/week. 4 workouts total/week.

Do you feel weak or something like that? Can`t you increase the weights for your exercises?

Its hard to say if you overtraining yourself. You cant say that with only reading your plan.

No problems in increasing weight or getting progress, no overtraining occur, but attention if you notice that there are more signs for an overtraining, take a pause or decrease your volume.

Unless you really have shit endurance or sleep 2 hours a night, you can’t overtrain with this workout. I mean you do have 28 working sets on your upper body day, but they’re spread out between 5 muscle groups. There’s no way performing 6 exercices a week for bi’s tri’s and shoulders is gonna overtrain you.

I’d say try it, and be aware of eventual symptoms but honestly if your diet is properly followed, there’s no way you can overtrain with this. Don’t hold back.

Overtraining is usually accompanied by the following symptoms:

1. depression
  2. inability to sleep
  3. joint aches
  4. loss of appetite
  5. lack of progression
  6. perpetual DOMS

If you suffer from many of these simultaneously, you may be overtraining. The solution though, is usually to check your diet, sleep patterns, and lifestyle before looking at your training.

It looked like a good routine.

Otep why dont you quit helping all of us newbies online for free and think about a careers as a pro trainer LOL.

[quote]Damner wrote:
Otep why dont you quit helping all of us newbies online for free and think about a careers as a pro trainer LOL.[/quote]

QFT. We newboys really appreciate it, by the way.

Hes like a big encyclopedia.

Aww…

Thanks guys.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Aww…

Thanks guys.[/quote]

No Homo group hug?

Does he look like the masculine stud in that picture?

How long have you been training for?

Generally beginners can get away with training more often with higher volume because their CNS isn’t that developed and they can’t tax it as much/recruit as many muscle fibres and/or do as much damage to their muscle fibres per lift as more experienced guys can.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
How long have you been training for?

Generally beginners can get away with training more often with higher volume because their CNS isn’t that developed and they can’t tax it as much/recruit as many muscle fibres and/or do as much damage to their muscle fibres per lift as more experienced guys can.[/quote]

Off and on for about nine years. I’ve already put on about 50lbs over where I was when I started.

I over train for fun

thats why your huuuuumongoes.

[quote]Damner wrote:
Does he look like the masculine stud in that picture?[/quote]

Yes.

Ok ok dont get too excited i was just joking